Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 08:21 AM
350 TT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

Hello I've been a long time looker on this forum.I have spent the last year and half building my 04 roadster for a twin turbo set up.The motor contains the following :stock crank,eagle turbo rods,J&E 8.8 pistons,clevite bearings,ARP main studs,ARP head studs,HR head gaskets,heads and the lower intake have been port matched,brian crower valve springs and retainers (BC0220),stock cams fuel injectorsform a 14 GTR 700cc,walbro410 fuelpump,obx fuel rails,southbend lighten flywheel, comp stage 3 clutch,innovate dual AFR gages,and a uprev pro tuner .Now for the problems that i have. Im tryin to get the motor to start and i can only get the number 6 injector to fire the other 5 are dead.Crank,cam sensors are new (i did try the old ones also).I have tried a diff ECU all to no avail.My uprev will communicate with both ECUs ,I have called UPREV and Z1performance. Z1 thinks that the flywheel was the problem but i put the stock one back in and still the same thing.I have traced the wiring from the injectors all the way back to the ECU and checked each wire for continuity and they are all good .The tch guy at UPREV thinks it is because i removed the AC and the can is not telling the ECU to fire all the injectors.I'm at a total loss on what to do .Any thoughts at what to lookat would be great.
I forgot to addi have garrett g28turbos and treadstone intercooler,
Old 01-02-2017, 11:45 AM
venture210

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

When the flywheel was mentioned, he meant to be sure it's clocked right. The crank position sensor reads the ticks on the flywheel. Theres a dowel on the crank that must slign with the mating surface of the flywheel. Check your grounds and connectors too.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:37 AM
350 TT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the new flywheel is .060 smaller in diameter,so I put the stock one back on and still no luck.I'll triple check the grounds again.Thankyou for responding.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:45 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

do everyone a favor and put a few spaces, possibly a little better grammar and break your original post into a few paragraphs - it's hard to read...

My immediate thoughts ...

Can we assume you've installed the cam position sensors correctly?

Did you install the knock sensor correctly?

Have you swapped out the injectors? Are you saying the 5 injectors arent squirting fuel? what is the ignition doing - is it functioning? are you 100% sure you hooked up the coil packs correctly? and tell us about your spark plugs? How have you checked those?

Can we assuming your fuel pump is working correctly?