Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My 350z Cheap Transformation

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 07:45 AM
JERZ350

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They're the wrong wheels for the car man. Get those off. Get some Varrstoen ES2's or something.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:02 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by jsteele5
Thank you sir. Good to see there are a few good guys on this forum lol and yeah I just want mine to be different but I'm in my early 20s. This is my first actual car I've paid for entirely by myself and my insurance i's $400+ because of my driving record so I can't afford high dollar parts until this high dollar insurance goes down

Without getting all preachy n' shid, I'll just say (as I have many times before here) that it's all about remembering where I came from and keeping those learned lessons close to heart and mind. ("Can I get a holly loo ya!?" )

Seriously. I remember when I couldn't afford to swap out my aftermarket air dam (S30) for a "Flex Dam" (an air dam with a front rubber lip that almost dragged on the ground but looked very cool). Went to Sears Roebuck and bought me some rubber matting and tacked it to the front of mine. Hooooo.... really bad. But it LOOKED the part. Hahahahahaha!

Then I got a job at Datsun and one of my senior co-workers said something to the effect of "Mic, what the f**k are you thinking?" He and I still chat.... nearly 40 years later.

Originally Posted by travlee
driving school solicitor general has spoken....... bwaaaahahaahhaah

And so shall I continue saying it. "Driver's school is the ONLY thing that you can add to your car that is actually an INVESTMENT because it pays off with EVERY car you'll ever own." Drink the Kool-Aid my friend. Laff....

Originally Posted by travlee
yeah i am glad i am old, full coverage on my vette is only 120 a month

Hey Trav, you can look forward to when you're REALLY OLD like yours truly.

$141.66/month.

All FOUR cars in my .sig.

#laffsalldawaytodabank

The following users liked this post:
travlee (01-25-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 08:17 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

My wife and I are getting raped on our car (and homeowner's) insurance, but I guess that's partly a Florida thing. We get all the "discounts", too: married, college-educated professionals, no kids, homeowners, late 50's, clean driving records, etc. Might be time to make that move to Big Island (and Mic can come visit when he's on Mau'i).
Old 01-25-2017, 08:42 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by dcains
My wife and I are getting raped on our car (and homeowner's) insurance, but I guess that's partly a Florida thing. We get all the "discounts", too: married, college-educated professionals, no kids, homeowners, late 50's, clean driving records, etc. Might be time to make that move to Big Island (and Mic can come visit when he's on Mau'i).
What I've found is that if you shop around for insurance every couple years, you can almost always find a cheaper rate. However, I've been with one company for ALL of our policies (car, homeowner, jewelry, etc) for a number of satisfied years.

Won't say who they are (no free advertising, laff) but that lizard dude they use as their telebisshun spokesperson is amusing.

Oh, and don't be fooled by insurance rates in Hawaii. Insurance on our condo isn't THAT cheap. That's all I'll say.

You move to Big Isle, I'll hit AirBnB to rent the house we stayed in near Volcanoes National Park couple years back. Awesome views, pool, sleeps 12! Say the word!
Old 01-25-2017, 08:57 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

I think I pay $400 or $500 a year for full coverage on the Z. I think I would stop driving if I had to pay $400 a month...

What op should have done is stuck his day of changing things up in the what he did today thread and everyone would have been nice about it...

The mistake was starting a new thread... It's like stirring up blood in shark infested waters.

Stick around long enough you will learn that travlee deserves a MVP award.

And t-bo has a super hot wife... And a pretty ok car.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:35 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
I think I pay $400 or $500 a year for full coverage on the Z. I think I would stop driving if I had to pay $400 a month...

What op should have done is stuck his day of changing things up in the what he did today thread and everyone would have been nice about it...

The mistake was starting a new thread... It's like stirring up blood in shark infested waters.

Stick around long enough you will learn that travlee deserves a MVP award.

And t-bo has a super hot wife... And a pretty ok car.

MVP? Most Vicious Player?

Nahhhh, Travis knows his stuff but has no tact. Hahahahahahahahaha!!

No comments on T'bo's wife cuz I am tactful.

See Mic Run.
Very quickly away from the keyboard.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:46 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,045 Likes on 6,511 Posts

i cant deny that!
Old 01-25-2017, 10:24 AM
jsteele5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mic, where can I find some pics of your silver z? I need some ideas on making mine look better but no being the "ricer" that I supposedly am
Old 01-25-2017, 11:38 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Hey who said its bad to be a ricer
Old 01-25-2017, 11:44 AM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Y'all are ganna hate me if I ever dip my enkies
Old 01-25-2017, 11:46 AM
jsteele5

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Hey who said its bad to be a ricer
Everyone on this forum lol
Old 01-25-2017, 11:51 AM
dcains

Originally Posted by MicVelo
What I've found is that if you shop around for insurance every couple years, you can almost always find a cheaper rate. However, I've been with one company for ALL of our policies (car, homeowner, jewelry, etc) for a number of satisfied years.

Won't say who they are (no free advertising, laff) but that lizard dude they use as their telebisshun spokesperson is amusing.

Oh, and don't be fooled by insurance rates in Hawaii. Insurance on our condo isn't THAT cheap. That's all I'll say.

You move to Big Isle, I'll hit AirBnB to rent the house we stayed in near Volcanoes National Park couple years back. Awesome views, pool, sleeps 12! Say the word!
Part of the issue with our insurance is the county we live in, as it's got the highest rates in FL, or so the agents say. We just switched a few months ago from Allstate to State Farm, and saved a bit, but it's still too much as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to have to start getting some tickets, just to get my money's worth, but when I get pulled over and tell the cop I'm a trauma nurse, they just let me go.

I try to get to B.I. a few times a year, but missed it last year due to some health issues. My best friend has a vacation home in Ocean View, so we always have a place to stay, and we enjoy the isolation and quiet there. I'll let you now next time we're there, and perhaps our schedules will line up. I wouldn't mind coming to Mau'i, either, as I've never been.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:09 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Mic, where can I find some pics of your silver z? I need some ideas on making mine look better but no being the "ricer" that I supposedly am
Well, I'm flattered ; but in all truth, my Z isn't anything special, no exterior modifications, motor has the usual bolt-ons and tune but aside from my "fascination" with wheels and sporting full suspension & alignment, it's same ol'-same ol' Z33. In my eye, Nissan did a plenty fine job of it from the start.

Here's few recent pics and the thread listed at bottom shows it from pretty much after I got it 'til now.

More in my "driving for pleasure" thread:

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...drive-a-z.html

Thanks for asking.

Last edited by MicVelo; 01-25-2017 at 12:09 PM. Reason: formatting
The following users liked this post:
pyshin (01-25-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 12:32 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Everyone on this forum lol
No worries, your thread starter/question got more traffic to it than most other threads. Of course, that's coming from a mod who likes visitor traffic $$$. Ooops, that slipped out didn't it?

J/K.

Originally Posted by dcains

I try to get to B.I. a few times a year, but missed it last year due to some health issues. My best friend has a vacation home in Ocean View, so we always have a place to stay, and we enjoy the isolation and quiet there. I'll let you now next time we're there, and perhaps our schedules will line up. I wouldn't mind coming to Mau'i, either, as I've never been.
Ahhh, Southern tip, wonderful! But truthfully, I'm not as much of a fan of B.I. as the other islands. But only from the standpoint of stuff-to-do. That is, touring it is magnificent but after seeing all the stuff, not much to do. But what do you expect from a kid who grew up in and still lives with urban decay?

Maui is kind of an in-between..... somewhere between Oahu/Honolulu's urbanism to nature & desolation on Hawaii. Our place is right in Lahaina, a block from the main drag (along the West coastal water). It has all the shopping, eating, and of course, all the tourism. But on the whole, the island is sort of a mix of local and visitor vibe. Just right for us. (Not to mention, we have a base of friends and are pretty much considered kama'aina there. )

We take a puddle jumper to all the other islands from OGG so its not a big deal to get to Hawaii or Oahu from Maui.

MicTourGuide out!
Old 01-25-2017, 01:02 PM
Timmy Tran

Another tip - go on Amazon, search for "Nissan caliper logo" buy the set of white lettering ones.

repaint your calipers black, put on the Nissan white letters onto caliper, then clearcoat it. It'll look much better than teal.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:38 PM
jsteele5

Well, I'm flattered ; but in all truth, my Z isn't anything special, no exterior modifications, motor has the usual bolt-ons and tune but aside from my "fascination" with wheels and sporting full suspension & alignment, it's same ol'-same ol' Z33. In my eye, Nissan did a plenty fine job of it from the start.

Here's few recent pics and the thread listed at bottom shows it from pretty much after I got it 'til now.

More in my "driving for pleasure" thread:

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...drive-a-z.html

Thanks for asking.
now i see why i'm getting so much sh*t from everyone, yours is basically stock besides those nice *** rims lol i like it man, very nice.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:41 PM
jsteele5

[QUOTE=MicVelo;10856561]No worries, your thread starter/question got more traffic to it than most other threads. Of course, that's coming from a mod who likes visitor traffic $$$. Ooops, that slipped out didn't it?

J/K.

where's my commission check? lol jk jk. but i've been searching all over this forum, google, user manual, EVERYTHING! to find a fuse diagram for my interior fuse box and I can't find one to save my life. My diagram is missing from the panel thanks to the previous owner and i'm trying to wire up some interior LED's to the audio fuse but I have no idea which one it is ( i know, adding more rice to my car)

Where can i find a diagram for my 06 350z base model for the interior fuse box? And i've searched day and night for it so if you find it, your a google king.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:42 PM
pyshin

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

Jesus.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:44 PM
jsteele5

Lol I bet you $10 you can't find this diagram anywhere on this forum. I've looked all day.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:47 PM
dcains

[QUOTE=jsteele5;10856607]
No worries, your thread starter/question got more traffic to it than most other threads. Of course, that's coming from a mod who likes visitor traffic $$$. Ooops, that slipped out didn't it?

J/K.

where's my commission check? lol jk jk. but i've been searching all over this forum, google, user manual, EVERYTHING! to find a fuse diagram for my interior fuse box and I can't find one to save my life. My diagram is missing from the panel thanks to the previous owner and i'm trying to wire up some interior LED's to the audio fuse but I have no idea which one it is ( i know, adding more rice to my car)

Where can i find a diagram for my 06 350z base model for the interior fuse box? And i've searched day and night for it so if you find it, your a google king.
All the factory manuals can be downloaded from this site:

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/nis...e-manuals.html