Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Several codes thrown, need help!

Old 01-30-2017, 02:17 PM
JdawgHanks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Several codes thrown, need help!

I picked up an '04 350z a little over a month ago. The entire thing was pretty nasty, so I gave it a good clean up, including the engine bay. After cleaning the engine bay, the SES light came on after about 15 mins of driving. I realize now that that was most likely my fault, but since then I've had a whole mess of issues.

It constantly goes into limp mode randomly. I got the codes scanned a while back, I got P0507 ("Idle control sys RPM higher than expected") and P0102 ("Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input"). The wires going to the MAF sensor looked pretty worn out, so I got a new wiring harness (btw if anyone knows where to find a diagram with the correct wire connections that would help to ensure it was wired up correctly). The code didn't go away and I would still randomly go into limp mode. Then a couple weeks ago I started the car and it sounded awful, it felt like it was misfiring, but went away after driving a couple hundred feet. I tried replacing the MAF sensor itself a couple days ago, still didn't help.

I went to get it scanned again and it came back with two new codes, plus the P0102 code from the first time. I'm now getting P1271 (A/F Sensor-11 Bank 1 Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction) and P1281 (Injection Control Pressure Sensor Circuit High). Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm tired of guessing what it could be and wasting all my time and money on replacement parts (and limp mode is really getting on my nerves).

Last edited by JdawgHanks; 01-30-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:49 AM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

This has been posted like 4 times this month alone.

Either unplug the battery for a few hours and plug it back in and see if they go away.

Get a code reader and scan your car.

Or reset the ECU

Switch ignition on for 3 seconds, then pump accelerator 5 times hard,fully release the accelerator pedal,
wait 7 seconds, then push and hold accelerator down 10 seconds, then up for 10 seconds, then down for over 10 seconds ( I do 13). Then switch off and it should be reset.
Take it to a professional mechanic.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:03 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,043 Likes on 6,509 Posts

stop throwing parts at it... take it to nissan for a proper diagnosis. for about $100 you will know exactly what is wrong with it.....

jeebus
Old 01-31-2017, 11:22 AM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

Did you wash down your engine bay with alot of water? You are having alot of electrical system codes which involve the MAF sensor, Throttle body, injectors and driver's side primary o2 sensor which all connects to the wire harness on the driver's side of the engine. Just curious
Old 01-31-2017, 06:03 PM
JdawgHanks

Originally Posted by CK_32
This has been posted like 4 times this month alone.

Either unplug the battery for a few hours and plug it back in and see if they go away.

Get a code reader and scan your car.

Or reset the ECU

Take it to a professional mechanic.
I've already reset the codes several times, they always come back after an hour or so of driving.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:06 PM
JdawgHanks

Originally Posted by BluestreamDE
Did you wash down your engine bay with alot of water? You are having alot of electrical system codes which involve the MAF sensor, Throttle body, injectors and driver's side primary o2 sensor which all connects to the wire harness on the driver's side of the engine. Just curious
unfortunately, yes. I know it was dumb, I'm still beating myself up about it. Where exactly is that harness? I'll take a look at it this week.

Search this Thread