Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dealer screwed up my rims

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 02:28 PM
NismoZ03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer screwed up my rims

While getting my front tires swapped out for the feathering TSB, the dealer scratched up my rims. During the mounting process it almost looking like the curbed both front rims as well as a few 1 to 2 inch gashes. I notice them immediately and bring out the service advisor and manager. They look and say "we will have to ask the tech whether he did it or not. How do we know it wasn't there before? You know stuff like that happens when you mount tires." I say "why would the tech say he did it." They say "the tech are not held responsible for the damages by the dealership so they are honest." Well I look closer and I find that silver touch up paint was used to cover up the scratches. What the hell was this guy thinking, what Z owner isn't going to notice this. This isn't some soccer mom's minivan hubcap.

Have dealers replaced anyones rims for damaging them, or are they going to offer only to refinish them.

Why should I have to settle for refinished rims because there techs don't give a **** about other peoples stuff.

I would love to hear everyones thoughts
Old 07-20-2004, 02:32 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Mine were replaced after they scratched them, and yes, they put new ones on. They also broke the tire pressure sensors, and the front ones haven't worked in about 7 months now
Old 07-20-2004, 03:47 PM
EL Diablo

Exact same thing happened to me too!

I even told the service manager to make sure they are careful
when removing the tires.

They still scratched them! ****ers

There is one small scratch in the lug nut opening where the wheel lock is.

I am getting it fixed by them for free this week.

Last edited by EL Diablo; 07-20-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:41 PM
03 Z for ME

Default Re: Dealer screwed up my rims

Originally posted by NismoZ03
...Have dealers replaced anyones rims for damaging them, or are they going to offer only to refinish them.

Why should I have to settle for refinished rims because there techs don't give a **** about other peoples stuff.

I would love to hear everyones thoughts

My dealer told me up front that they had scratched them, and they had new ones on order, before I even picked up my car.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:38 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the process of replacing a blown L/R tire, both my track wheel and my rear bumper were damaged. They scratched the rim with both the impact wrench at the lug-nut holes and at the outside edge with the mounting machine. They dragged the spare across the top of the back bumper when putting it back in the trunk. After 6 visits to the dealership and 4 attempts to refinish the wheel, I finally have a new one and the car goes back tomorrow for a final wet-sand/buff on the repainted bumper. They tried to pass off substandard refinishing work on both the wheel and the bumper multiple times. I just stuck to my guns until they finally satisfied me. Even then, the shade on the bumper is a touch darker than the rest of the car, and I can tell it has been repainted, even if nobody else can.

Whatever you do, don't cave in, and if the service dep't doesn't satisfy you the first time, make the real assumption that they are going to continue to **** with you and just go straight to the GM. Write him a letter, and make it very professional and formal. Lay out all the facts, and be very clear that you want your car to look like it did when you brought it in.

Good luck.

Last edited by kcobean; 07-20-2004 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

said it before and ill say it again...

when you go to a dealer, check over every bit of your car and have them notate anything... and the rims, run your finger around it and you will find some little nik...

if they notate everyhting there is no excuse for anything new...

but... you will be supprized at how many people bring their cars in and not know their rims are curbed on the passenger side... "DAMN THE WIFE" I have heard a good few dozen times...

We notate the condition of all cars... and I will admit, some rims have been scratched... but even Racing Hart CPF Tunes have been replaced before the customer left. Of course they were informed of the cituation...
Old 07-20-2004, 06:29 PM
synth19

They scratched mine, and refinished them, I wasnt satisfied so I wrote a letter and complained..got NEW wheels! Check out this thread, the letter may help you out:

http://chicagoz.com/v-web/bulletin/b...ghlight=letter