Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

translation ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 12:27 AM
goofyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default translation ?

Fairlady Z, could you or someone translate page 6 of the release? was the Z compared to the M3, s2000, boxter? how did it do? who was driving? (probably nissan people).....
stop teasing me.....give me the meat
Old 06-12-2002, 12:47 AM
Dave

Fairlady Z, could you or someone translate page 6 of the release? was the Z compared to the M3, s2000, boxter? how did it do? who was driving? (probably nissan people).....
stop teasing me.....give me the meat
especially the table with the numbers...
Old 06-12-2002, 03:31 AM
goofyZ

thanks , I had read that but I was actually hoping for info about the part with the other cars? did nissan merely compare the Z's number to the other cars numbers? or was there more?? (It never hurts to ask)
Old 06-12-2002, 05:25 PM
fairladyZ in Japan

goofy, kraZy, Dave....

Sorry for not giving further info.. got home late from work -- wanted to send out these picture to JmanZ... and then crashed.

Note..The comparisons to the new Z are Porsche S, BWM M-spec, and the Honda S2000.

The "comparisons" are based only on the impressions of a video produced by Nissan and viewed by this magazine...and stated that since it was produced by Nissan... there might be some bias.

Summary...

1st picture...the new Z...high stability with high control -- pitching was minimal on a rough road.. overall handling looked smooth.

Rough road... new Z very smooth -- very stable... conering ability looked great.. rear grip great -- and very smooth.

2nd picture.... Boxter S... through same rough road... ride not that stable... understeer looked very high -- on rough, bumpy road -- understeer looked high -- overall braking...very good

3rd picture..... BMW M-spec... engine power looked tremendous..
speed was fast...but the conering -- seemed to be a lot of body roll. Powertrain seemed to produce a lot of oversteer. Accelerating on-off... control seemed difficult...

4th picture.....Honda S2000.... body strength... excellent...==
however when driven to the limit -- body seemed unstable.
Steering respond was overall good... but sometimes .. on hard driving does not seem follow -- high speed... seems to looses balance -- pitching rough.
Old 06-12-2002, 11:06 PM
goofyZ

Thanks FairladyZ ,
the vidio may not be real, but it's real fun to dream.