Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Review of the Houston Z Tour concert

Old 10-17-2002, 06:05 AM
HouZton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review of the Houston Z Tour concert

The concert was pretty good if you like Puddle of Mud music. I know 3 of their songs, and teh crowd really seemed into it.

I walked around to the back of the parking lot where they had a Silverstone Z. This is the Z that all of the bands at each concert are signing. That car is eventually going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The car is being driven around the country to all events. I met the driver responsible for the car, and he has been having a blast with it and he has logged 9,300 miles. He thought the NAV should be able to do more than just NAV, and I told him that it doesn't. He asked my opinion of teh stereo, and I told him it could be better.

Nissan also had a Blue and a Black Z there on the ground on the front left side of the stage. Those 2 colors looked great in person. To me they were like the Lemans, until you see it in person, you're just not sure of how you would like it. So far I think every color looks great. DB looks great, but I still think my CS is tops.

I met the lady responsible for most of the concerts, I think she said her name was Barbara. We talked about the car, my likes/dislikes, and I asked her if she had one. She said she drives a Maxima. She talked abot people at NNA reading MY350Z.com and ZCAR, and mentioned ZISME by his real name. She and I also talked about dealers in the area, and I told her Mossy would be getting all of my future business since they aren't gouging on options.

After the concert, I pulled around to the exit, and waited for the Z's to leave. Since I had talked to the SS driver for about 10 minutes, he pulled up next to me, and the Blue one was behind us. We were first at a stop-light downtown, and he asked if I wanted to go for it. Well at 725 miles, I guess I am past my break-in period <grin>. We jumped on it and I stayed ahead of him until we caught up to traffic merging onto I-45N. I had VDC off, and I don't think he did. Well once we were up on 45N heading to I-10W, they drove a lot faster than I was comfortable. They pulled ahead about 100 yards and hit traffic and so I caught up with them. SS rolled down his window and said I thought you weren't going to push it, and I said "I'm not. I'm shifting at 5500 not redline."

The 3 of us played leapfrog until I hit Beltway 8 and peeled off to head home. They are driving to Phoenix for a Friday concert, then on to San Diego, San Francisco and the big finish in L.A.

I was surprised they weren't trucking the cars, but then I don't think they could make the schedules. The SS has been pulled over once for speeding, but was let go on a warning for doing 82 in a 65 zone. No radar detector in the car. But the drivers are living out of those cars with their luggage in the back, power drinks on the passenger seats, and lots of miles in the Z.

They had no giveaways at the event, and it was crowded in the front half of the parking lot. There were 3 radio stations there (101.1, 93.7, and 94.5). That surprised me since I thought this was a NNA event. I guess the radio stations gave out the concert info because there were a lot of grunge rockers in the audience mixed in with a bunch of nicely dressed business people. A very diverse crowd.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:26 AM
Du4L337

LOL.. I almost got into a wreck in my Honda Pilot yesterday staring at that Silver 350Z parked on the street not paying attention to the road... that thing was so sweet!!!

I saw lots of people on the street walking to concert...
My car pooling "duty" kept me from going there plus I am not really crazy about going to concert anyway...

Anyway, great report...
Old 10-17-2002, 08:14 AM
ATC Ken

I went to the concert - not knowing it was the Z tour promotion until I got there. A friend of mine is into Puddle of Mudd so I told him I'd meet him there. Didn't drive my Silverstone (still paranoid about leaving it too many places - especially in downtown Houston) - took my Prelude instead. I parked up near Bayou Place and as I headed down towards the concert, I saw a Chrome Silver 350 parked on the street! Must have been your's HouZton! Had a crowd around it as I continued walking. As I turned into the parking lot on Walker, I was pleasantly surprised to see the tops of the DB and SB sitting there. Of course, I stood near those cars and watched the concert from there. My friend (coming down from Kingwood) got stuck in traffic and only got there in time to hear the last song. He was P.O.d especially since they seemed to end the concert early. For free, I thought the concert was fine although later I went to Puddle of Mudd's site and the notes say that the concerts are supposed to last from 5-7 PM. They cut out of there closer to 6 PM than 7 PM.

Having the Zs there was worth the trip into downtown, band or no band! I hadn't seen either a DB or SB in person - have to agree that I haven't seen a Z color in person that I don't like so far!
Old 10-17-2002, 08:45 AM
HouZton

That was not my CS on the street, but I saw the one you are referring to. I couldn't park my Z on the street downtown. I parked in a parking garage diagonal to the concert. Don't ask me what the cross streets were.

The last song was "Control", and it seemd to be a crowd favorite.

Greg