Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Take

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 08:17 PM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice report. I especially like the feedback on the NAVI. I have one in my Acura and love it. I am a gadget freak and so ordered it with the Z. Was hoping this one would be as good and sounds like it may even be better.

All of the descriptions of the interior make it clear that the folks at Nissan spent a lot of time designing it. The only things that sound a bit "iffy" are the cupholders. Not a very bit concern to most of us.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:23 PM
TCL

Thanks kraZy. Some people were giving me grief for ordering the Nav system but it sounds like I did the right thing by doing so. Also good to hear the cloth seats are excellent. Looking forward to the car as is everyone.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:33 PM
azmo

Man im so excited to get this car i feel like puking... I couldnt read a full post. I kept jumping from to the other..im going nuts reading all these amazing reviews and looking at those wild pics of the chrome silver and daytona blue. Cant wait for the video. Im glad i ordered the nav..from what is being said about it..It seems like an awsome gadget to have in the car. Im sooo freaken excited i cant tell u guys. Just wanted to share my excitment.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:40 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Kenneth! Kicka$$ post!

I totally wanted to buy the nav system- but i've got other financial stuff going on this summer (ie- moving to a new apartment and furnishing it) so i just had to sadly draw the line. I think the real issue for us Performance model owners is whether or not the 2 grand would be better spent towards upgrading to the touring or track models- which would you rather have- a performance model w/ nav or the track model w/o (yes, I know the later would still cost you a few bucks more...)...? A tough call..

Ethan
Old 06-14-2002, 08:44 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by JmanZ
Might this "Rob" be the infamous ZISME? (Rob Simmons)
(2nd in command in charge of the Z project at NNA)

Wow, the master was right there and nobody knew....

(if it was him that is)

-j-
It wasn't Rob Simmons.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:50 PM
BrianZ

Originally posted by JmanZ
Might this "Rob" be the infamous ZISME? (Rob Simmons)
(2nd in command in charge of the Z project at NNA)

Wow, the master was right there and nobody knew....

(if it was him that is)

-j-
If it was him he was playing dumb. This Rob said he was an Engineer. He indicated his job was to help make sure that marketing's desires could become and engineering reality from a cost, function, practicality, and market standpoint.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:54 PM
BrianZ

Originally posted by Pooh2002
Nice report. I especially like the feedback on the NAVI. I have one in my Acura and love it. I am a gadget freak and so ordered it with the Z. Was hoping this one would be as good and sounds like it may even be better.

All of the descriptions of the interior make it clear that the folks at Nissan spent a lot of time designing it. The only things that sound a bit "iffy" are the cupholders. Not a very bit concern to most of us.
The view out the front is excellent, but the side window is quite high. It doesn't obstruct your view, but you probably won't hang your arm out of it too much.

Plus, the car seems designed to accomodate tall people with no difficulty. There was a guy who was about 6'4" there and he said he had another 2" of headroom. I'm short and I had about 6".
Old 06-15-2002, 02:35 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

I think the last day is June 15th, 2002. Not sure if it's only for preordering or changing order.
Old 06-15-2002, 06:49 AM
shoalhaven

Default NAV unit

I was tempted, but where I live, there is basically one road in, and two roads out, for hundreds of miles in each direction. I will use the money instead to eat up those miles a lot faster.

Brian Z, just how tall are you? I am 5 foot 4 inches
High, and I'm wondering if I will have trouble both in driving and in seeing out of that car. Can you give some info?
Old 06-15-2002, 11:44 AM
SirZaLot

Did anybody try the BOSE? How was it??