Notices
2009+ Nissan GT-R Nissan R35 GT-R Discussion

GTR VS. ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 07:22 AM
ekim81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MMC Racing
I know the history, but what do most of them run.. That is the important metric.

There is only 1 race that matters - heads up same day, same track. Everything else is bench racing numbers that should not be compared because of the variables of track condition and weather.
i was merely pointing out your mistake. you said ONE guy got 10.8 with DRAG RADIALS... i said that guy got 10.9 with STOCK tires. if you wanna get into drag radials, there are a couple more people who were able to get into the 10s.

i'm not quite sure what you're trying to argue here...
Old 12-10-2008, 07:28 AM
MMC Racing

Originally Posted by ekim81
i was merely pointing out your mistake. you said ONE guy got 10.8 with DRAG RADIALS... i said that guy got 10.9 with STOCK tires. if you wanna get into drag radials, there are a couple more people who were able to get into the 10s.

i'm not quite sure what you're trying to argue here...
Should I just repost my last post - it is pretty clear what my point was.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:42 AM
350z-Jim

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The GTR in most of the performance figures wasn't that far off of the ZR1. The 0-60 and 1/4 times were pretty darn close. I just can't get over how ugly the GT-R is however. Its just too well ... ugly. The ZR-1 wins hands down in the visual aspect. Plus, the corvette has a HUGELY impressive history of reliability in every aspect of the car. It's simply undeniable. In it's price range from $20,000 C5, a Z06 in C5 or C6 right up to the ZR-1 dollar for dollar used or new, there really isn't anything that can touch it's performance or reliability.

The only people who argue this or say they are stupid amercian cars are idiot fanbois who have no idea what they are talking about, sorry. There is a 2003 Z06 for $20k on cars.com. What other car for 20 grand is gonna beat that car in performance or reliability?

Last edited by 350z-Jim; 12-10-2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:49 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by 350z-Jim
The GTR in most of the performance figures wasn't that far off of the ZR1. The 0-60 and 1/4 times were pretty darn close. I just can't get over how ugly the GT-R is however. Its just too well ... ugly. The ZR-1 wins hands down in the visual aspect. Plus, the corvette has a HUGELY impressive history of reliability in every aspect of the car. It's simply undeniable. In it's price range from $20,000 C5, a Z06 in C5 or C6 right up to the ZR-1 dollar for dollar used or new, there really isn't anything that can touch it's performance or reliability.

The only people who argue this or say they are stupid amercian cars are idiot fanbois who have no idea what they are talking about, sorry.
I mean... the Vette is what it is to be honest. Of course there is the "Why change what's perfect" but I guess I've just never felt that they were that special in the looks department. Of course... you can say that it wins hands down in the visual department but then again, that's your opinion and I'm simply stating my own.

There is a member here who's dad has a C5 Z06 and I believe he's getting rid of it because of the problems he's had with it. Not saying it's the norm but I wouldn't exactly say that they are problem free.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:00 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[/URL]
Originally Posted by Z You Later
are you kidding??? think of it this way:

GT-R - we'll say this $80K car that looks exotic and that nothing on the road can emulate....has plenty of streetable power than anyone in the world would need or even use....anyone can brag about having a 1,000hp car but they can't even use close to half in real world driving..it's for dyno queens and bench racing!!..so would you pay $80k for the GT-R? probably so

ZR1- you're new gen CORVETTE with the very basic and repetitive CORVETTE look car is well over $100k...the only thing your paying for is the next best corvette, nothing exotic or rare about that...so you'd pay $100k for this even when you can not only get a better looking car, ie. porche, ferrari, lotus, etc..., that has the more of that rare supercar look to it that won't have a $20k, older, used version of it that anyone these days can drive??? plus with that price you could easily buy a faster car
While I think the ZR1 is a bit over priced and gaudy, the Z06 is not too far behind it. It costs 70k and can easily keep up with a GTR. That's not my argument here though. I'm only stating how ugly the GTR is compared to the ZR1/Z06. The lines on the GTR are terrible. It's got sharp angles that make nothing flow on the car. The rear end looks fantastic, but that's about it.

Seriously......

This

http://

or that

http://
Old 12-10-2008, 08:00 AM
GZire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^I think the C6 Z06 is a really great looking car. I like the looks better than the ZR-1 because of the hood mostly.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by d1auto
zr1 versus a GTR with mipipe and stage 2cobb AP its over

2 mods cost less the 2k so.... simple 2 mods and the GTR is back on top
Originally Posted by d1auto
what am i smoking? sorry a gtr with those mods with some wheel bearings changed out is running 10.8's so..... yeah kicks the zR1's Azzzz

sorry just a GTR owner D Fending his car
I'd imagine $2,000 (a custom tune and stickier rear tires) into a ZR1 would also yield some impressive results as well. Think about it, its got a supercharged V8 (I won't even mention that its an LS motor, as we all know those are damn good motors).

I know the history, but what do most of them run.. That is the important metric.

There is only 1 race that matters - heads up same day, same track. Everything else is bench racing numbers that should not be compared because of the variables of track condition and weather.
One guy got a 10.8 at MIR on a stock Z06 with drag radials.. Great time and props to him, but he is the exception. A Z06 with stock tires in the hands of a good driver is a mid 11 car.
Should I just repost my last post - it is pretty clear what my point was.
I'm a little confused myself. Is the comparison now between the Z06 and the GTR?
Old 12-10-2008, 08:02 AM
GZire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't like the way the GT-R looked at first, but it definitely grows on you. The styling is definitely bold and forces people into a love it or hate it response.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:03 AM
jeff91ta

The GTR seems to match up well to the Z06 in performance and price; the ZR1 is in its own price range and not an equal comparison to the GTR......

I think a better comparison for the ZR1 would be the GTR SpecV whenever that gets released as the pricing should be much more comparable.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:06 AM
Kwame

Originally Posted by jeff91ta
The GTR seems to match up well to the Z06 in performance and price; the ZR1 is in its own price range and not an equal comparison to the GTR......

I think a better comparison for the ZR1 would be the GTR SpecV whenever that gets released as the pricing should be much more comparable.
The initial reports suggest that the Spec V will be several tens of thousands more than the ZR1 in terms of MSRP. We shall all see how much it will be when/if it hits U.S. Shores
Old 12-10-2008, 08:08 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by Kwame@z1
The initial reports suggest that the Spec V will be several tens of thousands more than the ZR1 in terms of MSRP. We shall all see how much it will be when/if it hits U.S. Shores
Yeah, I don't think there has been any real confirmation on the US price yet... but it will still have to be significantly cheaper than the speculated price to be anywhere near close to the performance/price ratio of the ZR-1 and ACR.

Personally I'd take the ACR over the ZR-1.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:11 AM
Kwame

Originally Posted by blasian
Yeah, I don't think there has been any real confirmation on the US price yet... but it will still have to be significantly cheaper than the speculated price to be anywhere near close to the performance/price ratio of the ZR-1 and ACR.

Personally I'd take the ACR over the ZR-1.
The ACR is definitely faster albeit more "raw" as its basically a road going race car. The ZR1 seems to be more refined for road use.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:17 AM
blasian

The ACR is definitely faster albeit more "raw" as its basically a road going race car. The ZR1 seems to be more refined for road use.
Very true.

I just don't get all drooly over Vette's like most do. I agree with Sharif as far as how I feel about Vettes I guess
Old 12-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 350z-Jim

The only people who argue this or say they are stupid amercian cars are idiot fanbois who have no idea what they are talking about, sorry. There is a 2003 Z06 for $20k on cars.com. What other car for 20 grand is gonna beat that car in performance or reliability?
price depreciation is not an asset.

...not that I don't agree that at MSRP they are still a helluva deal. And the Z06 is still my dream atm.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:14 PM
MMC Racing

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
[/url]

While I think the ZR1 is a bit over priced and gaudy, the Z06 is not too far behind it. It costs 70k and can easily keep up with a GTR. That's not my argument here though. I'm only stating how ugly the GTR is compared to the ZR1/Z06. The lines on the GTR are terrible. It's got sharp angles that make nothing flow on the car. The rear end looks fantastic, but that's about it.

Seriously......

This

http://[IMG]http://i229.photobucket.....jpg[/IMG]

or that

http://[IMG]http://i229.photobucket.....jpg[/IMG]
It is funny, but I see it exactly the opposite. The vettes hood ends level or almost downward at the canopy only to angle up again. The overall look was fresh in 1998, but 11 years later from C5 to C6, the car is dated. I'm not going to rag on the interior quality of the Vette as I feel that is overstated these days, but it is night and day behind the GT-R.

Am I a little biased - yes of course. I could have had a Z06 or GT-R and I chose the better all around car.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:16 PM
MMC Racing

I'm a little confused myself. Is the comparison now between the Z06 and the GTR?
Yes as comparing a ZR-1 to a GT-R is pointless.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:20 PM
JSDZ33

Old 12-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is funny, but I see it exactly the opposite. The vettes hood ends level or almost downward at the canopy only to angle up again. The overall look was fresh in 1998, but 11 years later from C5 to C6, the car is dated. I'm not going to rag on the interior quality of the Vette as I feel that is overstated these days, but it is night and day behind the GT-R.

Am I a little biased - yes of course. I could have had a Z06 or GT-R and I chose the better all around car.
lol, I think your bias is making you give bad arguments. the C6 Z06 vette is a beautiful car, it is undeniable. the bulging arched front fenders on the Z06 alone make me want to ***.

The GTR is an aggressive, good looking car, but not beautiful.

and it's funny because any porsche, audi, VW, lexus, ferrari, maserati, merc, bmw owner would say the same about the GTR's interior. The GTR's interior is not worlds better either I would say... much larger though and at the price point there are much better.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:49 PM
MMC Racing

Originally Posted by Motormouth
lol, I think your bias is making you give bad arguments. the C6 Z06 vette is a beautiful car, it is undeniable. the bulging arched front fenders on the Z06 alone make me want to ***.

The GTR is an aggressive, good looking car, but not beautiful.

and it's funny because any porsche, audi, VW, lexus, ferrari, maserati, merc, bmw owner would say the same about the GTR's interior. The GTR's interior is not worlds better either I would say... much larger though and at the price point there are much better.
I guess this is why there isn't 1 car company in the world - because people have different opinions. The Vette does nothing for me in the looks department - so the supposed beauty is very deniable.

As to the other car owners giving their opinion on the GT-R interior, I think BMW has one of the worst interiors in the business - not talking quality of material - I'm talking about looks, features, and function. "Hello BMW, 1982 wants its interior back"
Old 12-10-2008, 12:58 PM
kham25

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
it's amazing how ugly the GTR is compared to the ZR-1
+1 It does look like *** for some odd reason in that video

Quick Reply: GTR VS. ZR1