Notices
2009+ Nissan GT-R Nissan R35 GT-R Discussion

GTR vs C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I'd choose the GTR over a Z06 any day of the week. Over a ZR1.... I would have to drive both, but would probably choose the GTR because of the AWD and keeping 30-40 grand in my pocket -> assuming GTR = ~80K and ZR1 = 110K to 120K.

I wouldn't mind the paddle shifters. It is part of what makes the GTR great. In all honesty, the GTR is just OK in the looks department. a few modifications, wheels/suspension, go a long way for looks. After spending big dough on the car, not sure how eager I would be to swap out the suspension and wheels.

I will agree with those that say that a vette is a vette is a vette. I farm for a living and live a little ways off the beaten path.... though not too far out, and I have 3 vette owners in my neighborhood alone. Heck, my Z is rarer than a vette in my area. That said, the ZR1 is on another level

edit:
just having the option for any of these cars is great. I think we are a point we may never see again. There are so many phenominal cars out there to choose from. I think a car like the ZR1 will never be seen again from GM. All the cars are beyond what 99.9% of drivers will ever get to experience... thus making any of them a decent choice

Last edited by Zivman; 07-05-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:07 AM
nismo_nate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Z06 since it'll cost cheaper to maintain in the long run
Old 07-05-2009, 11:55 AM
BigRez
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GodSendsDeath
OP have your or have you not seen the Fast and the Furious. Skyline baby!!!!!
lol that movie should be the reason not to get a skyline. wanna be boyracers
Old 07-05-2009, 12:00 PM
BigRez
Banned

by the way, i heard v-spec is like a hundred and something thousand which is only 200 pounds lighter and 5 horsies faster, doesn't seem like a reasonable buy
Old 07-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRez
by the way, i heard v-spec is like a hundred and something thousand which is only 200 pounds lighter and 5 horsies faster, doesn't seem like a reasonable buy
It's not out yet, is it?

Other sources insist on "several hundred pounds" and "increase of 20+ hp."
Old 07-05-2009, 04:11 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by Spork
It's not out yet, is it?

Other sources insist on "several hundred pounds" and "increase of 20+ hp."
132lbs and 5hp according to this article...

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ive/index.html
Old 07-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That'd be rather disappointing
Then again, the history of the V-Spec trim has usually been big handling/braking upgrades.

Going back to that GTR vs ZR1 comparison video... The GTR was right behind the ZR1. Does this mean the GTR would beat the Z06?
Old 07-05-2009, 04:30 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by Spork
That'd be rather disappointing
Then again, the history of the V-Spec trim has usually been big handling/braking upgrades.

Going back to that GTR vs ZR1 comparison video... The GTR was right behind the ZR1. Does this mean the GTR would beat the Z06?
My take on the debate:

If you took 100 average ZR-1 drivers and pit them again 100 average GT-R drivers, the GT-R would prevail most of the time on the drag course and one with turns. Reason is the GT-R is far easier to launch and maneuver than the ZR-1. The ZR-1 takes alot of discipline and skill to pull peak performance from it. The difference between the car driving the driver and vice versa.

Now change those 200 drivers to experts, and the ZR-1 would trounce the GT-R in just about every catagory.

As far as the GT-R vs the Z06... From what I've seen and read about on the net, seems it's a no-brainer. The GT-R shines in all areas cept at rollon races. The Z06 has the potential to easily beat the GT-R at the drag strip, but again, it takes alot more skill to properly launch.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:37 PM
HDPDZO6

FYI, I believe this is the fastest to date for a bone stock ZR-1 at the strip. Still not as quick as the quickest stock Z06 though.
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xjHb7blvpWg&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en&feature=pl ayer_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Last edited by HDPDZO6; 07-05-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:28 PM
BigRez
Banned

i think average drivers in a zr-1 would trounce the gtr in all categories, even if you race from a dig and dont get a good launch the zr-1 has so much torque and acceleration it would easily catch up, i could see why maby it would lose on the twisties tough, but with experienced drivers even on the twisties it should be no problem at all
Old 07-05-2009, 06:47 PM
TreeFittyZee

why are people bringing up the zr1? the OP clearly stated GTR vs. Z06

imo if drag racing is the only form of motorsports you partake in then a Z06 is the better option.

everything else i would say gt-r. the gt-r is a lot less common than a z06 (plus most people can't tell the difference between a base c6 and a z06) but then again that's very trivial.

lap times around various road coures around the world show that the gt-r is clearly way faster than the z06 when it comes to circuit based racing. so if you're into or looking to get into road racing than the gt-r is the better option

both cars are great but i would go with the GT-R
Old 07-05-2009, 07:17 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by TreeFittyZee
imo if drag racing is the only form of motorsports you partake in then a Z06 is the better option.
The Z06 is hardly a straightline only musclecar. It performs rather nicely in turns. Either would be a good choice.

everything else i would say gt-r. the gt-r is a lot less common than a z06 (plus most people can't tell the difference between a base c6 and a z06) but then again that's very trivial.
Most people haven't a clue as to what a GT-R is. Most people don't know the difference between an M car and a standard BMW or an R version Audi. True enthusiasts can easily spot the differences though.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:43 PM
TreeFittyZee

Originally Posted by HDPDZO6
The Z06 is hardly a straightline only musclecar. It performs rather nicely in turns. Either would be a good choice.
i never said that the Z06 was a straight line only muscle car. the z06 is a good track car but the GT-R has been proven with a good driver or neutral drivers to be a faster car than the z06.

Most people haven't a clue as to what a GT-R is. Most people don't know the difference between an M car and a standard BMW or an R version Audi. True enthusiasts can easily spot the differences though.
again like i said before its very trivial.

but the gt-r is just the gt-r. it doesn't have a lower variant so it discloses confusion in terms of trim and in terms of overal volume of units

gt-r is more interesting to the general public than a z06. when someone sees a z06 they think "eh...just a corvette" but when the general public see a gt-r they know its not a 350z or some lower class sports-car because of its sheer size and overall demeanor.

its just not a common car. just like a dodge viper. its not as common as a c6 chassis car therefore its more interesting to the general public

but again as i said. very trivial because you should not buy a car for the reason of "i will get more looks in it" because imo no matter how much money i had i would never spend money on a ferrari. yeah you'll turn a few heads but that doesn't negate how lackluster they are in terms of performance for the price

Last edited by TreeFittyZee; 07-05-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:51 PM
miloz31

Just buying the Z06 and the GTR
Old 07-06-2009, 05:21 AM
Hsummer

GT-R for the awd
Old 07-06-2009, 07:26 AM
sektor 11

i've had the chance to drive both for weekends at a time. for me, I enjoyed the GTR. It was fun to drive and easy to drive. The Z06 was fund as well, not quite as easy (I'm not the best driver in the world) and felt "cheap" to me on the interior and while driving.

Just my opinion.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:25 AM
BigRez
Banned

So did you live at the neverland ranch with michael jackson?

Originally Posted by TreeFittyZee
why are people bringing up the zr1? the OP clearly stated GTR vs. Z06

lap times around various road coures around the world show that the gt-r is clearly way faster than the z06 when it comes to circuit based racing. so if you're into or looking to get into road racing than the gt-r is the better option

both cars are great but i would go with the GT-R
Old 07-06-2009, 09:40 AM
TreeFittyZee

So did you live at the neverland ranch with michael jackson?
i didn't live there, more like visited on a consistent basis.

the cotton candy was da bomb and bubbles was a playful little lad.

tho Macaulay Culkin did get annoying after a few games of Charades
Old 07-06-2009, 09:42 AM
GZire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know this is a biased forum but why would choose a GTR over a z06, please give me some intelligent feedback, and if you aint got nothin nice to say dont say nothin.
GT-R has a back seat, has a good enclosed useable trunk (as does the Z06), is an anytime driver.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:30 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by GZire
GT-R has a back seat, has a good enclosed useable trunk (as does the Z06), is an anytime driver.
GT-R has back seats for midgets or small children only and the Z06 has a much larger trunk.

Quick Reply: GTR vs C6 Z06