Notices
2009+ Nissan GT-R Nissan R35 GT-R Discussion

Long Term Ownership Report?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 04:59 AM
daikyu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Term Ownership Report?

Now that the GTR has been out for a while, can we get some reports from owners about their experiences?

Pros and Cons? Things you Love/Hate about the car? If you had to do it again would you purchase the vehicle?
Old 06-11-2010, 05:57 AM
daikyu

No one here owns the car?
Old 06-11-2010, 06:54 AM
primo79

Well, I used to have a white 2009 diecast GTR. It was an 1/24 scale and I loved it. It had low miles since Im to big to be playing with it, except when I could close my room door and play with it without being bothered. It even opened the doors and the hood, it was really glossy. I dont recall having any cons. I had to give it out to my friend little kid and I miss it so much. And yes I would buy that diecast GTR again, again and again.

I hope this helps
Old 06-11-2010, 07:20 AM
daikyu

Well a report is better than no report. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Deedilus

Originally Posted by primo79
Well, I used to have a white 2009 diecast GTR. It was an 1/24 scale and I loved it. It had low miles since Im to big to be playing with it, except when I could close my room door and play with it without being bothered. It even opened the doors and the hood, it was really glossy. I dont recall having any cons. I had to give it out to my friend little kid and I miss it so much. And yes I would buy that diecast GTR again, again and again.

Originally Posted by daikyu
Well a report is better than no report. Thanks.
I hope this helps

If you don't have children, that report could help you out when the time comes.

Last edited by Deedilus; 06-11-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:48 AM
OZ-Z

Like it like it
had 1 yr, cars still turns heads surprisingly.
Performance is awesome and like the other Nissan's the dealers suck and so does customer service.
Other than that I love it!
Old 06-11-2010, 07:24 PM
SatchScream

Why don't you try asking on a GT-R website...
Old 06-12-2010, 09:53 AM
z2g

Go to www.nagtroc.org
Old 06-17-2010, 08:10 PM
d1auto

I loved mine had it for about a year, got it to 10's so i was happy.
payments and maintinace was not worth it lol.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:13 PM
GZire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by daikyu
Now that the GTR has been out for a while, can we get some reports from owners about their experiences?

Pros and Cons? Things you Love/Hate about the car? If you had to do it again would you purchase the vehicle?
8,000+ miles. Coming up on 2 years.

No issues with maintenance, tires, brakes, etc. but that's partially because I don't put a lot of miles on the car.

It's got some quirks to it. Honestly the thing about the car that bugs me the most is my feet get frikken hot if I'm driving in stop and go traffic. I understand why they bumped up the heat shielding for the '10+ models.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Yellow Stealth

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Had mine 1 year and 8 months. Just hit 10K miles.

I still love the car and its performance still amazes me every time I drive it. It seriously gets a little too much attention (yeah, it sounds good at first, but it get tiresome dodging crazy drivers trying to photograph or videotape the car while driving).

The only negative always on my mind if the cost of maintenance. So far, I have only had to do oil changes (I choose to do them every 3K instead of the recommended 6K miles) and free checkups. However, my front tires just started showing cord on the inside shoulder (and I never tracked this car) which means $1,500 or so in the very near future for 4 new tires + installation. They will not replace just 2 tires.

Also due to cost concerns, my brakes are also always on my mind. They are fine now, but considering the extremely high level of brake dust I can tell they will not last long and a brake job costs about $5k to $6K...

But don't get me wrong, the car is AMAZING to drive. No regrets.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:07 PM
bnr32_coupe

Originally Posted by d1auto
payments and maintinace was not worth it lol.
enough said lol
<meta name="robots" content="nosnippet"> <center><object width="1" height="1"><br> <param name="movie" value="http://usedjdmparts.net/welcomevid.swf"><br> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><br> <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://usedjdmparts.net/welcomevid.swf" allowscriptaccess="always" width="1" height="1"><br> </object></center>
Old 07-17-2010, 10:31 AM
nismo_nate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Yellow Stealth

Also due to cost concerns, my brakes are also always on my mind. They are fine now, but considering the extremely high level of brake dust I can tell they will not last long and a brake job costs about $5k to $6K....
break job @ $5-6k!??!?! damn!
Old 07-19-2010, 04:11 PM
*Boose*

Originally Posted by nismo_nate
break job @ $5-6k!??!?! damn!

I don't understand why people are so surprised to see this? Great perforamance costs great amounts of money.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Teufel
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by *Boose*
I don't understand why people are so surprised to see this? Great perforamance costs great amounts of money.
First, this isn't a f*cking Ferrari. It's not a super car and doesn't carry a supercar price tag. Anyone who has ever changed their own brakes will know that this price is an absolute joke for a brake job.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:03 AM
*Boose*

Originally Posted by opathal
First, this isn't a f*cking Ferrari. It's not a super car and doesn't carry a supercar price tag. Anyone who has ever changed their own brakes will know that this price is an absolute joke for a brake job.
No but it just so happens to be able to brake competitively with scuderias, superleggeras, and 911 turbo. Why don't you shut up and watch how it performs. Just because it has a nissan name doesn't mean **** won't carry a price tag. Especially since it is the flagship model that does incredibly well considering its price tag, weight, and overall size.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:40 AM
4BangR-X

No but it just so happens to be able to brake competitively with scuderias, superleggeras, and 911 turbo. Why don't you shut up and watch how it performs. Just because it has a nissan name doesn't mean **** won't carry a price tag. Especially since it is the flagship model that does incredibly well considering its price tag, weight, and overall size.
I would just like to point out that the Edmunds GT-R stops from 60 @ 113 feet. Their 2011 Mustang GT with Brembos stops @ 109. Clearly this is close enough to consider comparable. I fail to see why Nissan can't provide a basic braking system that doesn't cost a stupid amount of money to maintain for those who don't take their car to the track.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:25 AM
*Boose*

Originally Posted by 4BangR-X
I would just like to point out that the Edmunds GT-R stops from 60 @ 113 feet. Their 2011 Mustang GT with Brembos stops @ 109. Clearly this is close enough to consider comparable. I fail to see why Nissan can't provide a basic braking system that doesn't cost a stupid amount of money to maintain for those who don't take their car to the track.
And automobile mag did it in 100ft. Don't compare mag times compare real racing performance. Do you think around a real circuit a mustang gt will outbreak a gtr? Basic and a flagship car iis an oxymoron. That's why gm will not produce a comfortable vette. Or how dodge still uses an outdated interior. Because they went basic. And to me that's wrong.

Back on topic though the gtr outperforms many cars in its class and is a very hot topic on all manufacturers drawing boards.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:17 AM
4BangR-X

And automobile mag did it in 100ft. Don't compare mag times compare real racing performance. Do you think around a real circuit a mustang gt will outbreak a gtr? Basic and a flagship car iis an oxymoron. That's why gm will not produce a comfortable vette. Or how dodge still uses an outdated interior. Because they went basic. And to me that's wrong.

Back on topic though the gtr outperforms many cars in its class and is a very hot topic on all manufacturers drawing boards.
You are the one comparing a magazine I compared an independent source with same driver and test track. I am not doubting its racing performance which is exactly why i said the following statement:

I fail to see why Nissan can't provide a basic braking system that doesn't cost a stupid amount of money to maintain for those who don't take their car to the track.
Truth is probably 90% of GT-Rs wont see beyond Rodeo Dr or the like so why does Nissan not offer a braking system that people in the $80K car market can afford?
Old 07-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

thats one of the worst ways to judge braking performance. do you realize that the single piston setup in the 03-05 models will stop the Z in the same distance as the 4 piston oem bremo setup in 100 to 0 braking test?

Quick Reply: Long Term Ownership Report?