2009+ Nissan GT-R Nissan R35 GT-R Discussion

PaulsGTR: Willall fluid "LIGHT" and baseline dyno

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 03:45 PM
ToastZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PaulsGTR: Willall fluid "LIGHT" and baseline dyno

Greetings, Toast here.

I picked up a new 2010 GTR back in February and plan to use the car both as my daily driver and various HPDE open track days. I have been to two events already with Sharif as my instructor and hope to be able to attend 4-6 events each year as my skill level continues to improve. I cannot say enough good things about the car both as a daily and a weekend track car - the GTR has exceeded my expectations on both accounts. The car is bone stock right now with the only exception being the CBRD Y-pipe Forged installed right after the initial purchase (the stock exhaust note = yawn).

I made the short trip over to Forged yesterday to get an upgrade on brake fluid, trans fluid and front/rear diff fluids. We also decided it a great idea at the end of the day to go ahead and get a baseline dyno on the car before I proceed with any additional mods down the road.

I decided to try out the new Willall "LIGHT" tranny fluid they just came out with recently which keeps the factory green color and also adds much improved thermal protection over the noticeably thin OEM fluid. I hear it is somewhere between the "OEM" fluid and the other variants of the Willall fluid from a thickness perspective. With the LIGHT Willall fluid - the car drives like stock and I could tell no difference in the shifting, even at low temps at startup (this morning it was 80 deg - lol). I have noticed no surging at all, in fact the slight surging I used to notice when starting out from a slow roll in 2nd gear is hardly noticeable anymore.

As usual, the quality of the work performed on the car at Forged Performance was top notch. Great bunch of folks to deal with. Forged built and serviced my last car (G35-TT) which I kept for 5 years until I recently parted ways with the G and picked up the GTR. Sharif, I plan to keep the GT-R much longer !!!

Attached are some pics of the Y-Pipe and the baseline dyno's. The car made 414whp on the hearbreaker at Forged
Attached Thumbnails PaulsGTR: Willall fluid "LIGHT" and baseline dyno-gtrdyno1.jpg   PaulsGTR: Willall fluid "LIGHT" and baseline dyno-gtrdyno2.jpg   PaulsGTR: Willall fluid "LIGHT" and baseline dyno-ypipe-install.jpg   PaulsGTR: Willall fluid "LIGHT" and baseline dyno-ypipe-installed.jpg   PaulsGTR: Willall fluid "LIGHT" and baseline dyno-dsc_3022.jpg  

Old 06-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Litesung

Beautiful!
Old 06-19-2010, 05:14 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

good stuff and looks good also judging by your avatar
Old 06-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the comments Toast...I am partial to white myself. Can't wait until we tune it properly.