Notices
2009+ Nissan GT-R Nissan R35 GT-R Discussion

Lets talk price of the GTR ...in a few years

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 08:21 AM
nismo_nate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bmccann101
far lower than exotic cars upkeep for sure..thats BIG bucks.. but just brakes and rotors are extremely expensive.. like BBK costs everytime. i believe it was something like 3 grand for rotors and pads for the front or some crazy ish.
whhhaa!?!?!?!??! $3k for brakes.. uhhhhh.... no
Old 12-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Seeing them in the 65K + range for under 20-30K miles. Still too rich for my blood. I'd be a buyer in the 45-50K range. I Check daily
Old 12-17-2012, 06:08 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Meh it would be nice to own but still too much coin imo lol
Old 12-18-2012, 10:56 PM
08NismoZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nismo_nate
do you guys know how much will the upkeep be? not that i'm interested in buying one, just interested for facts.
I just went to my local Nissan dealership yesterday to pick up a part for my GTR. While I was there I stopped by the service department to check on where my car was at in the maintenance schedule with being an 09 with 38k miles on it now. He told me every 15k miles it supposed to have the transmission fluid, front and rear diff fluid, and engine coolant drained and filled that costs about $1,800. Every 5k miles the engine oil needs changed with Mobil One 0W40 at about $200 a pop. I have the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires which run about $2,200 for all 4 tires. I plan on doing some HPDE events so I'll be swapping out the oem brake rotor rings with DBA 5000 slotted rotor ring replacements, Carbotech brake pads, Goodridge steel braided lines, and some better brake fluid all for about $3k with me doing the labor.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:05 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Seems like super preventative maintenance...expensive fun I might add!
Old 12-18-2012, 11:25 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

saw a white one local, 67,000 bucks with 70k miles on it. ouch. i will look at these cars when it is 60k with less than 35k miles on it.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:23 AM
08NismoZ

Yeah I've seen quite a few people asking mid to high $60k's for an 09 but not coming anywhere close to getting that much for them. I bought mine with 36k miles in almost perfect condition (no clear bra on the front) for $61k. It came with a Cobb Access Port, e tune, and mid pipe. I later found out that it has a brand new 2012 transmission in it that was replaced under warranty at 33k miles, so I'm ecstatic about that

What's really getting me coming from a TT Z is that every single mod for the GTR is crazy expensive! Over this winter I'll have all the bolt ons completed and be able to run E85 in the spring for basically the same price I paid for my Greddy TT kit I had on the Z, and the only bolt on I bought new was a 4" titanium exhaust everything else is used off a friend's GTR. The good news is that I'll have a low 10sec car vs the 11.5sec pass I had in the Z
Old 12-19-2012, 02:37 AM
angelo350z

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

$60K for a GTR isn't bad. But the fanboy in me would seriously consider a used Carrera S over a GTR. When it comes down to it though, it's hard to beat the GTR's performance for $60K.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:56 AM
08NismoZ

Yeah I actually was considering a 996 turbo also. I drove a couple and just didn't really like them. I was afraid the GTR wouldn't feel like a nimble sports car because of how big it is but that all went out the window as soon as I drove one haha.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by 08NismoZ
Yeah I actually was considering a 996 turbo also. I drove a couple and just didn't really like them. I was afraid the GTR wouldn't feel like a nimble sports car because of how big it is but that all went out the window as soon as I drove one haha.
I'd much rather have a manual Turbo Porsche vs a GTR tho! hands down. I also have driven both and yeah no comparison in the fun depo. They both felt heavy!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:43 PM
RMichael

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We are Nissan fans but frankly that beast weighs as much as Godzilla. There are so many other cars I'd get before that.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:25 PM
08NismoZ

If money were no object of course there's better looking, and better sounding cars out there. For how new the car is, the price, reliability, technology, and performance the GTR is virtually unbeatable. I think that's a big reason why the good condition 09's are still around the $60k mark. On the sticker that came with my car it said MSRP was like $73k for being a premium model but since it was one of the first ones in the states the dealership put an addendum sticker for an extra $25k so I'm assuming the first owner paid $98k for this car

If I were in the market for a brand new 2013 black edition at $107k, I'd seriously be considering a Gallardo, or R8 too though

Last edited by 08NismoZ; 12-19-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:27 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah I've seen quite a few people asking mid to high $60k's for an 09 but not coming anywhere close to getting that much for them. I bought mine with 36k miles in almost perfect condition (no clear bra on the front) for $61k. It came with a Cobb Access Port, e tune, and mid pipe. I later found out that it has a brand new 2012 transmission in it that was replaced under warranty at 33k miles, so I'm ecstatic about that

What's really getting me coming from a TT Z is that every single mod for the GTR is crazy expensive! Over this winter I'll have all the bolt ons completed and be able to run E85 in the spring for basically the same price I paid for my Greddy TT kit I had on the Z, and the only bolt on I bought new was a 4" titanium exhaust everything else is used off a friend's GTR. The good news is that I'll have a low 10sec car vs the 11.5sec pass I had in the Z

you lucky bastard. congrats. that's a steal. did you get it off of the forums or something? that's a crazy deal. i was looking at GTRs myself, didn't find anything remotely close to that and i searched all over US.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:53 PM
08NismoZ

Haha thanks man. I was actually a split second away from buying a GMG 09 listed on Autotrader down in Austin but for some reason he didn't call or email me back the whole weekend so I didn't buy a plane ticket down there. That Sunday I just happened to jump on eBay and see if anything looked legit and this guy that lives about 30min from had just posted his Red on Black 09 up for sale. I called him right away and we met up a couple hours after that to look the car over and test drive it. Later that night we negotiated a little and I told him to take it off EBay cuz I'm buying it first thing Monday morning lol.

I quickly found out after getting a couple really great deals swept out from under me, that I needed to have the money in my bank ready to go ASAP.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:04 AM
bigcloud

Congrats on the GT-R 08NismoZ. I was going to buy a 2009 Titanium on black GT-R with 14k miles for 63k. It was in West Virginia, but due to me recently short selling my last rental property I wasn't able to get favorable terms on the loan. So I ended up buying an IS-F for my daily driving to work. Still have my Z, but driving a Z to work in your mid-30's especially if your one of the senior guys doesn't look as professional.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:52 AM
08NismoZ

Wow Titanium is the rarest color too. I wouldn't want to daily drive a GTR though especially up here where it gets cold and nasty.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:11 AM
bigcloud

Wow Titanium is the rarest color too. I wouldn't want to daily drive a GTR though especially up here where it gets cold and nasty.
Yes it's the rarest and best color in my opinion. They are TOUGH to find and when you do find one you have to almost buy it immediately because everyone is looking for those colors.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:20 PM
platinumsc

I just went to my local Nissan dealership yesterday to pick up a part for my GTR. While I was there I stopped by the service department to check on where my car was at in the maintenance schedule with being an 09 with 38k miles on it now. He told me every 15k miles it supposed to have the transmission fluid, front and rear diff fluid, and engine coolant drained and filled that costs about $1,800. Every 5k miles the engine oil needs changed with Mobil One 0W40 at about $200 a pop. I have the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires which run about $2,200 for all 4 tires. I plan on doing some HPDE events so I'll be swapping out the oem brake rotor rings with DBA 5000 slotted rotor ring replacements, Carbotech brake pads, Goodridge steel braided lines, and some better brake fluid all for about $3k with me doing the labor.
No car needs transmission changed every 15 miles. Thats ridiculous. What's Nissan using, diluted fluid that breaks down faster than others?
No car needs coolant changed every 15K miles either. Differential, not likely but there could be something unique about the car I don't know.

I can see changing these fluids that often if you track your car but not if you don't.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:41 PM
JaE35z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

200 bucks for an oil change? lol sureeeee
Old 12-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Jamaica2G

Congrats on the new car!

Some of these figures the guy gave you are still a bit high. I've heard $130 for the oil at the stealership, but, if you stay on the forum, you'll find threads like this:
http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...ale-auto-zone/ that have coupons like this
http://www.pepboys.com/sale_specials...ge_dec2012_cp/

There are other tire choices out there - especially if you go wider. $1800 is about the cheapest. I kinda like the OEM Dunlops though. We'll see.

Hmmm, since this thread is so old, you may have had your GT-R longer than me (October)

Originally Posted by JaE35z
200 bucks for an oil change? lol sureeeee
Honestly they used to charge that much... Now more respectable dealers charge $130.

Originally Posted by platinumsc
No car needs transmission changed every 15 miles. Thats ridiculous. What's Nissan using, diluted fluid that breaks down faster than others?
No car needs coolant changed every 15K miles either. Differential, not likely but there could be something unique about the car I don't know.

I can see changing these fluids that often if you track your car but not if you don't.
The service manual for the 2012 says :
6k miles = oil & filter
24k miles = coolant change
36k miles = tranny, & both differentials

From reading about wear and tear on the forum, the factory suggestions should be followed if you are driving miss daisy & give her the occasional top speed highway run. These cars are fickle & I'm not willing to take many chances. I'll probably couple coolant, tranny and diff together every 24k miles. Oil and filter will be every 4-5k - no way I'm challenging the 6k mark unless it is all highway miles like a road trip.

UPDATE: the 2009-2011 GT-R had a transmission fluid change recommendation of every 18k miles, I would do that to keep my warranty if needed.

Also a simple chart:

Last edited by Jamaica2G; 02-24-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Lets talk price of the GTR ...in a few years