Notices
2009+ Nissan GT-R Nissan R35 GT-R Discussion

LFA v. 2012 GTR: Drag Race

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 11:51 PM
billsrcursed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by show2nite
Learn how to ******* read you bitc@ *** "Flo-ridaZ39" If you knew how to comprehend what you're reading perhaps you might have been able to respond in an opinionated or factual manner, Freaking moron. Your point about the car (Veyron) being compared stock to stock to a GT-R is valid but no one is refuting that. Then again if you slightly modified the GT-R, it will be a fairer fight and outcome will show the GT-R victorious!!! and for the record this post is about 2012 GT-R vs LFA, speed / performance. Learn to read ******* ******* and stay on track with the forum discussion dummy.
You may want to disclose your mental handicap so more of us understand... or perhaps your primary language/age.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:33 PM
zpak

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
If I had that type of money... I promise you a GTR wouldn't be at the top of my list of cars to buy.
This is totally true.

People who can spend >$400,000 bucks on a car are typically looking for something more on the "established exotics" menu.

The GT-R is probably for the guy who has Porsche 911 money but not Porsche Carrera GT money.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:38 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by zpak
This is totally true.

People who can spend >$400,000 bucks on a car are typically looking for something more on the "established exotics" menu.

The GT-R is probably for the guy who has Porsche 911 money but not Porsche Carrera GT money.
Dude I couldn't have said it better... I love the GTR, it's heritage, and its performance BUT performance aside you can't compare the overall driving experience to lets say a Lambo/Ferrari,LFA.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:58 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Honestly IF i was at that money level I'd get the LFA just for the sound, among all the other cool ****. That sound is unearthly in a street car.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:19 AM
spinviper

Is 2012 GTR have 45 hp more than 2010 GTR ?
Old 05-22-2011, 07:06 AM
Patsfan83

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spinviper
Is 2012 GTR have 45 hp more than 2010 GTR ?
yup 530HP

although since the engines are hand built no 2 are the same obv, there was an interview with mizuno in australia I believe and he said it has more than the 530 advertised but he didnt say how much more
Old 07-03-2011, 10:56 AM
SilverFox006

I'm as big of GTR fan as most of you guys on here, but I think the LFA is worth the $400M based on sound alone. I think I might have messed by shorts...
Old 07-03-2011, 01:38 PM
J 0 K 3 R

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the LFA is retarded. wtf is it? a sports car? a cheap luxury import aka lexus? Is anyone happy they made this instead of a new supra priced at 100k to truely compete against a gtr?!
Is lexus fooling anyone that can buy a ferrari, marketing their non hand made, non competition race car from japan in the same class as higher quality supercars.

the zr1 has better technology than the LFA with the first blower on a fuel injected car, (until the zr1 FI was either turbo with more pwr at higher rpms, or a supercharger with more pwr at the lower end. blowers do both) the corvette is made of a carbon fiber body. corvette uses an advanced transaxle. what is so revolutionary about the LFA that justifies it being 250k more than a zr1? lol. toyota is the most delusional pretentious company there is. prius costs as much as a 370z lol.

and this whole thing with the gtr being such a great budget quarter mile car is pretty funny. 70k! i can build a faster car for 15k. any built chevy v8 on slicks will smoke the maxed out twin turbod v6. drop an ls1 (or lt1 if wanna go real cheap mine was 2gs built and running crate) with 100hp more than the gtr on a 95 vette suspension or even s14 and i would bet against the gtr on any track.

all being said, i know the gtr is a fast PRODUCTION car. also i know i can make my cars do under 8second quarter miles if i make them really $#!tty looking drag monsters for faily little money (compared to a ferrari) so if i were to ever spend 200g's+ i would want everything, including, and not limited to, a wine cooler, great sound system that i can play my cd of running water from soothing streams around the world, tv with satalite, something to massage me, preferably blonde, auto tinting windshield like my sunglasses, jaw dropping bodylines, and enough power to beat anything (production) under 60k on four wheels.

Last edited by J 0 K 3 R; 07-03-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:20 AM
GZire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^^Kinda angry today........
Old 07-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by J 0 K 3 R
the LFA is retarded. wtf is it? a sports car? a cheap luxury import aka lexus? Is anyone happy they made this instead of a new supra priced at 100k to truely compete against a gtr?!
Is lexus fooling anyone that can buy a ferrari, marketing their non hand made, non competition race car from japan in the same class as higher quality supercars.

the zr1 has better technology than the LFA with the first blower on a fuel injected car, (until the zr1 FI was either turbo with more pwr at higher rpms, or a supercharger with more pwr at the lower end. blowers do both) the corvette is made of a carbon fiber body. corvette uses an advanced transaxle. what is so revolutionary about the LFA that justifies it being 250k more than a zr1? lol. toyota is the most delusional pretentious company there is. prius costs as much as a 370z lol.

and this whole thing with the gtr being such a great budget quarter mile car is pretty funny. 70k! i can build a faster car for 15k. any built chevy v8 on slicks will smoke the maxed out twin turbod v6. drop an ls1 (or lt1 if wanna go real cheap mine was 2gs built and running crate) with 100hp more than the gtr on a 95 vette suspension or even s14 and i would bet against the gtr on any track.

all being said, i know the gtr is a fast PRODUCTION car. also i know i can make my cars do under 8second quarter miles if i make them really $#!tty looking drag monsters for faily little money (compared to a ferrari) so if i were to ever spend 200g's+ i would want everything, including, and not limited to, a wine cooler, great sound system that i can play my cd of running water from soothing streams around the world, tv with satalite, something to massage me, preferably blonde, auto tinting windshield like my sunglasses, jaw dropping bodylines, and enough power to beat anything (production) under 60k on four wheels.
Your obviously not a purist so it's no point in arguing.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:05 PM
GZire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^It's been 3 years and people still don't get that Nissan didn't build the GT-R for the dragstrip.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:38 PM
ninous26

In the world of car meets and car forums its 95% of the time about drag racing or whose car is faster in a straight line.

A friend with a fast 6.0 GTO was shocked when a stock S2000 kicked his *** on some mountain twisties.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:05 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by GZire
^^^It's been 3 years and people still don't get that Nissan didn't build the GT-R for the dragstrip.
And that the LFA was made to bring Lexus up to the next level... everyone forgets that the LFA beat out a Ferrari 599 in a Car and Driver(or RD.. don't remember which one).
Old 07-05-2011, 03:14 PM
J 0 K 3 R

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
And that the LFA was made to bring Lexus up to the next level... everyone forgets that the LFA beat out a Ferrari 599 in a Car and Driver(or RD.. don't remember which one).
those tests are fake bro. the companies pay to win when they release a new car.
look at mustang 5.0 vs m3's. bmw paid sooo much money not to get spanked on paper. they had to call the races a tie in most mags and you can see the stang hit the brakes in a drag race so he wasnt still 3 cars ahead at the finnish.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:46 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

those tests are fake bro. the companies pay to win when they release a new car.
look at mustang 5.0 vs m3's. bmw paid sooo much money not to get spanked on paper. they had to call the races a tie in most mags and you can see the stang hit the brakes in a drag race so he wasnt still 3 cars ahead at the finnish.
I'm aware of the sponsorships and how that works but the performance numbers on these upper echelon cars are well known regardless of the publication... we're not talking 5.0 vs M3. We are talking about cars that cost more than your house. Ferrari is notorious for adding or subtracting things to make their cars faster than the "regular" road going cars(ie tires, weight, stiffening) but no one brings that up.

You can make a Civic faster than a Lambo in a straight line... wooo hooo at the end of the day your driving a Honda. You can make a S2k faster around the Ring than a Porsche GT2... wooo hooo at the end of the day your driving a Honda.

The exclusivity and the performance of these cars are what sells... buying a car that has a real racing heritage sells these cars. Nissan, Ford, and etc all have a racing heritage but fell off.

I can appreciate the performance you can get from these newer cars but you can definitely tell the people in this thread who know a little more about car's than just the performance numbers. I'm not saying your shallow but I'm saying that there's more to a car than it's engine, brakes, and looks.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:06 AM
pcressey

I would recommend doing a little reading/research.

1. Blower is typically a term thrown around by the supercharger crowd, referring to their supercharger.
2. Yes, the ZR1 is "blown" with a Supercharger.
3. It is not the first fuel injected car to be "blown."
4. Yes, turbochargers create most of their power towards the peak RPM. No, not all superchargers create their power at the low-end... there are three different type of superchargers: roots, centrifugal and screw. All of these will give good mid-rang power, but the centrifugal works best at mid to high RPM. "Blowers" do not do both: create great power from idle through redline.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Italianjoe1

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

This thread is fun, sub'd lol.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:04 AM
J 0 K 3 R

Originally Posted by pcressey
I would recommend doing a little reading/research.

1. Blower is typically a term thrown around by the supercharger crowd, referring to their supercharger.
2. Yes, the ZR1 is "blown" with a Supercharger.
3. It is not the first fuel injected car to be "blown."
4. Yes, turbochargers create most of their power towards the peak RPM. No, not all superchargers create their power at the low-end... there are three different type of superchargers: roots, centrifugal and screw. All of these will give good mid-rang power, but the centrifugal works best at mid to high RPM. "Blowers" do not do both: create great power from idle through redline.

the zr1's blower is revolutionary enough to be called the first of its kind. so what did the lfa do first? first japanese production car to succesfully rip people off for more than 200k? first high output v-10. nooo thats the viper, and i bet anything an acr viper will smoke an lfa

GT-R lapped Germany's infamous 20.8-km (12.9 miles) Nurburgring Nordschleife in a time of 7:29 (its best to date is 7:26.7
then
ZR1 was the king of the hill, breaking the GT-R's record with a time of 7:26.4,
The Nürburgring Edition LFA was tested at the Nürburgring in June 2011. Driven by Akira Iida, the LFA set a time of 7:22.85
then dodge has its go and turns a...
7:22! Dodge Viper ACR slays ZR1, GTR at the 'Ring
but now 2012 zr1 is here and....
The new 7:19.63 lap time was set by Corvette engineer Jim Mero and is a solid three seconds off the Viper ACR's best, but its just shy of the production car record set by the Porsche GT2 RS at 7:18.

see all the 'rings' times http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%BCrburgring_lap_times

see laguna seca times. note that a gtr did a 1:39 since this; http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=48866

corvette still beats em

Last edited by J 0 K 3 R; 07-07-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:56 PM
NightShade

I'd still take a Veyron.

Look at the video around 3:15 or so.
<embed src="http://www.evo.co.uk/vendor-swf/JW/5.4/player-5.4.swf" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="file=http://video.cloudfront.evo.co.uk/online/08July09Bugatti_GTR.flv&plugins=dcinstream,gapro-1&dcinstream.ad.tag=http://ad.doubleclick.net/pfadx/www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetevovideos;tile=11;bigad=yes;live=yes;type=article;make =nissan;model=gt-r;sz=468x430;ord=9524612947?&dcinstream.ad.position=pre&gapr o.accountid=UA-4196494-1&gapro.trackpercentage=true&gapro.tracktime=true&gapro.trac kcompletes=true&gapro.trackdetails=true&gapro.trackerror=tru e&autostart=true" width="392" height="239" />

Almost too soon the GT-R streaks across in front of the Veyron’s windscreen and spears onto the straight, its loaded tyres pulling a haze of dust from the road. God speed, Ollie. You’re going to need it. With no great urgency, I bury the accelerator. The Veyron chokes, gulps and for what seems an age, but is probably just a second, does nothing. This isn’t entirely unexpected. Without the help of launch control, Veyrons have been known to bog down. More breathing space for the Nissan.

Then something happens. Something big. When the moment arrives, and it’s immediately preceded by what feels like a rapid and enormous build-up of contained pressure, the Veyron cuts loose like no other supercar or hypercar on earth. It’s as if it’s being pushed from behind by a monumental shockwave of energy, the sort you might imagine having been generated by a strategically sited nuclear bomb. The experience is so stunning it could kill someone with a dicky heart. After just 12 seconds we’re doing 150mph. Four seconds later it’s 170mph, the shove in the back still palpable. The GT-R is now only the length of a football field ahead but the rate at which we’re closing it down is visibly slowing. Leigh had mentioned this earlier. It’s not as if the Veyron ‘hits the wall’ at 170, but the violence of its acceleration cools noticeably. No matter, Ollie’s toast. As the GT-R clicks up 175mph, we come past at 202mph, absolutely straight and stable, and there’s still plenty of room to brake without a hint of drama.
Full article

Would anyone ever use this power in real life? Probably not, but still cool to say you can do it.

Last edited by NightShade; 07-07-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:35 AM
Italianjoe1

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

the zr1's blower is revolutionary enough to be called the first of its kind.
It's a regular Eaton style positive displacement blower, just has a newer rotor design that is more efficent than they used to be. Sacrifices some down-low power for less heating of the air at higher speeds. We've been using the same technology in a slightly smaller size on Cobalts for a couple years now.

Quick Reply: LFA v. 2012 GTR: Drag Race