Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Dash error and warning lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 03:54 PM
digerydingo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash error and warning lights

Forgot to type this out. Four days after picking up my 350Z DB Track I was ripping up our lovely Sea to Sky Hwy on my way to Whistler when all of a sudden in a passing lane my dash lit up like a christmas tree! My speedo was reading like 40km or so even though I was traveling 140kms (Canada folks) and my ABS, (!), VDC off, and SLIP light were all on. The car didn't skip a beat and I didn't really freak out when the lights came on, but just assumed I had some problem with the traction control system and abs.

I stopped for gas in Squamish and hopped the problem would be cured with the off and on reset during the gas stop but problem was still there. I didn't actually test if I had lost traction or abs and kept on my marry way. About 10mins out of squamish the speedo started freaking out jumping around from 50kms to my actual speed for a few seconds then bam, she was bang on 145km or so but all the dash lights where still on.

When I finally made it up there I called home to check the manual in case there was an error code for specific dash lights but we couldn't find any. I still enjoyed a nice dinner and when we got out and I restarted her 3hrs later I had no problem, to this day, two weeks later she's still running just fine. I didn't really see the need to take it in considering everything is running fine, and my vdc and abs systems do work fine although I'll still get the technician to check it out.

Just checking to see if anyone else had this problem.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:36 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Sure there wasn't a UFO fly-by
Old 05-06-2003, 02:17 PM
OldZ

Same exact thing happened to me driving home when I picked up the car. Stopped, turned off the engine, and everything has been back to normal since.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:38 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Dash error and warning lights

Originally posted by digerydingo
Just checking to see if anyone else had this problem.
Alpine, a forum member had the same problem. It turned into a major problem. I believe this is a known issue that relates the the ECU and that you should contact NNA and a dealership.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:37 PM
Rob Nance

This is a lot like my problem, dingerydingo brought this thread of his to my attention.

Between this scenario, mine, the blinker sound going away, I'm really starting to worry a bit. I'm thinking our car might have some serious problems with the ECU and it's networking of various car systems.

Here is my thread from around a month ago, about my similar problem.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=25299
Old 05-07-2003, 08:30 AM
digerydingo

Thanks for the replys guys, my car goes into the dealership tommorow for some service. I'll bring the problem to their attention and see if they can't plug in and find out what's going on. I'll keep you posted.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:42 PM
FLY BY Z

The day I bought the car I went to visit some family while I was in town. As I was pulling into an intersection on a hill on my way out, I stalled the car as some lady turned left right in front of me. I was a little miffed and I fired it back up while the car was still rolling back and then pulled through the intersection immed. before the electrical system had time to cycle through. I go through first and shift to second. Halfway through second I give it gas to accelerate and around like 30 the car would not go faster and would start bucking wildly. So I slowed and it was smooth and then went faster again and it bucked around some more and would not exceed 30MPH. I pulled over into a parking lot and shut her down. I waited a second and fired it back up. Since then my car has been flawless in every respect. I have no clue what happened.

I totally forgot about this until I read this post.
Old 05-12-2003, 04:24 AM
zpeed350

Default Re: Dash error and warning lights

Originally posted by digerydingo
when all of a sudden in a passing lane my dash lit up like a christmas tree! My speedo was reading like 40km or so even though I was traveling 140kms (Canada folks) and my ABS, (!), VDC off, and SLIP light were all on. The car didn't skip a beat and I didn't really freak out when the lights came on, but just assumed I had some problem with the traction control system and abs.
I had this happen about a week ago. I was doing a donuts in an empty parking lot and accidently hit the rev limiter. Once I stopped and pulled out of the parking lot I looked down at the dash and was like WTF!!! EVERY light on the dash was on. Ebrake, slip, TCS, airbag, etc....but it still drove fine. It got me real nervous though. So I shut the car off. Started it back up and it has been fine since.
Old 05-12-2003, 04:31 AM
3 FIVE O Z

J/W digerydingo and whomever else has experienced the same problem, what is your VIN#?
Old 05-12-2003, 07:50 AM
zpeed350

Originally posted by 3 FIVE O Z
J/W digerydingo and whomever else has experienced the same problem, what is your VIN#?
VIN 42XX, cant remember.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:27 AM
digerydingo

I'll check my VIN right away but heading to Edmonton last weekend it happened again, this time for about 4hrs. It seems to be after the car has been going for a while and there are series of passing lanes, whenever I start to give her full throttle pass and slow down again/repeat, the dash springs to life.