Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Pictures, please

Old 11-06-2013, 02:01 PM
patrickoneal

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Pictures, please

I'm trying to get my robbins top installed correctly, and it's not going very well. It will close, but when I latch the front, the rear weatherstrip will pull off of tonneau cover and leave a 1/4" gap. Robbins warns that this will happen if one of the velcro seams is attached too tight. I'm going to pull the fabric back off from the front to rework it so it will close properly. I want to make sure I've got everything in the correct place while I've got it apart, so what I'm asking is this:

Can someone please take a moment to photograph the inside of their factory top so that I can see the third and fourth bows? It would be greatly appreciated if one of you could make this happen.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:37 PM
patrickoneal

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Ok, no pics... I think I have everything right.

I went back out and pulled the top off and loosened up the 3rd to 4th bow listing velcro seam and put everything back together. It still doesn't close correctly.

I guess I'm going to have to contact Robbins. There is very little tension in the rear-most listing at this point, and the rear of the top still pulls up when I latch the front.

Has anyone had this problem with a Robbins top?

Last edited by patrickoneal; 11-08-2013 at 07:49 PM.