Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Worked out the Speedo today...

Old 10-28-2016, 05:54 PM
No_name

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Worked out the Speedo today...

Picked-up this stock roadster roughly a month ago and put about ~700 [fun] miles on her so far. Mountain twisties, highways, urban & suburban s***, varied elevation 5600' to 9000', been fun.

Blew off corporate America this afternoon (~80 degrees) and hit the eastern CO plains with the intention to wind her out a bit (safely). Never going to to be the fastest ride, that's not what I bought it for, but...she's got some legs. Put up some decent mph with no other bodies around, the car's pretty fast on the top end.

Will get some refinement done during the cold season, slap on some decent rubber in the spring and take it from there. An 08' that still has less than 17K on the clock as it sits.

Some of the runway...

Name:  Speed%201_zps1licro6v.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  156.9 KB
Old 10-28-2016, 07:44 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

Good stuff, but living in our wonderful state means you can still go up to the mountains with the wonderful, warm weather we've been enjoying. Take a trip up to Rocky Mountain National Park and drop the top. You might even spot my Redline track coupe on Trail Ridge Road before they close that road for winter!
Old 10-29-2016, 07:37 AM
No_name

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmura
:...can still go up to the mountains with the wonderful, warm weather we've been enjoying. Take a trip up to Rocky Mountain National Park and drop the top. You might even spot my Redline track coupe on Trail Ridge Road..."
Its been a great October with the top-down without a doubt and I've taken advantage of it a bit. Two-weeks back the lady and I did a run from Roxborough Park --> Sedalia --> Palmer Lake --> Manitou Springs --> Woodland Park --> Deckers --> Pine --> Conifer (used to live there) --> down to 470 and home. Colorado blue skies and 80+ degrees coming across 67 & 126...mountain roads that are a blast in this car.

I did the cruise thru Rocky Mountain Natl just prior to Labor day, west to east, hung out in Grand Lake for an extended weekend and took that route back to Estes Park. Was in the XC60 though... I am going to do that next year along with some other killer CO cruises I have in mind. "I'll have to look for ya' up there next year!"

Yesterday was all about getting away from people [risk] and out on the flats...wanted to open the car up...and I did! heh heh
Old 11-03-2016, 03:07 PM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Twisties, straights and elevation changes, just what the Z was built for. I hope you're having plenty of fun.

Search this Thread