Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Tons of water on inside of windshield

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 08:46 PM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts
Default Tons of water on inside of windshield

Does anyone with a roadster have a problem with moisture getting inside of the car?

I have a tarp and the top up, but my windshield is still full of moisture in the mornings.

I have a couple small holes in the back of the top but nothing that should allow that much in. It's almost if not as bad as the outside of the windshield. I might as well leave the top down.....

Also does anyone know the actualy size of the OEM intake tube? 3" im guessing?
Old 01-15-2016, 03:33 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

I do get more condensation than a hardtop would, but not like you describe. Is all the weatherstrip intact?
My last top had some rips, and moisture would seep in. Duct tape on the inside worked pretty well til I changed out my top.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:15 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,062 Likes on 750 Posts

The tarp may actually be contributing to the moisture buildup problem since moist air is getting into the interior either through the holes in the back of the top or you have some leaks elsewhere (or there's already some water in the cabin somewhere). I'm assuming the tarp is waterproof and does not breathe, so essentially wet air is getting into the car and then it is not allowed to escape because of the tarp so it's condensing on the windshield. You might want to try a car cover that is still waterproof but can also "breathe" so moisture will be able to escape.

I have the covercraft noah and I never have any type of moisture buildup problems no matter how much it rains.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:48 AM
CK_32

Yea I see the previous owner had some sort of patches on there previously. But they were removed before I got it.

I'm thinking of hosing down the cracks around my window and seems to see if any spots allow water to get in. Hopefully not cause I really don't want to reseal my windshield.

I'll look into some patches too. I feel almost like the soft top gets wet them lets the water evaporate through the fabric. Or holds it like a towel...
Old 01-15-2016, 08:14 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 442 Likes on 358 Posts

They sell moisture absorbent things at the dollar store for like closets. Buy a couple of those and stick them in the car

. If you have a tarp on the car then no water should be getting in, but condensation will still form when temperatures change for night/morning
Old 01-15-2016, 08:52 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by CK_32
Yea I see the previous owner had some sort of patches on there previously. But they were removed before I got it.

I'm thinking of hosing down the cracks around my window and seems to see if any spots allow water to get in. Hopefully not cause I really don't want to reseal my windshield.

I'll look into some patches too. I feel almost like the soft top gets wet them lets the water evaporate through the fabric. Or holds it like a towel...
If your top is original, it is vinyl coating over canvas, so right, any moisture inside is trapped like a trash bag. The new top I got is Haartz Stayfast cloth. Breathes a lot better but not drafty.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:01 AM
CK_32

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
They sell moisture absorbent things at the dollar store for like closets. Buy a couple of those and stick them in the car

. If you have a tarp on the car then no water should be getting in, but condensation will still form when temperatures change for night/morning
Thought about it. But I lived 2 miles from the coast. In the morning the ground is as wet as if it rained.