Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Latest idiot light issue "Parking Brake"

Old 10-01-2016, 02:34 PM
billybronco1

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Latest idiot light issue "Parking Brake"

Lately the parking brake light comes on and stays on when I start the car. I can hear the switch clicking when I move the brake up & down but I have not opened it up to investigate yet. Strange thing is after I drive for a while and do a restart it goes out and stays out but might come on intermittently, a restart shuts it off again. When the light is off works like it should with hand brake off & on - Any ideas?
Old 10-01-2016, 05:02 PM
karlt

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

Please read your Owner's Manual. The BRAKE light not only comes on when the hand brake is on; it comes on when brake fluid is low.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:26 PM
HRMoneyPit

Received 268 Likes on 218 Posts

You guys are really getting disappointing. Can't even check your brake fluid before making a thread
The following users liked this post:
Cux350z (10-09-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 05:54 PM
billybronco1

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You guys are so kind, thanks for the tip that was the issue - I guess we can't all be as smart as you, I love this forum super friendly people.
Philski (07-30-2023)
Old 10-06-2016, 07:08 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by billybronco1
You guys are so kind, thanks for the tip that was the issue - I guess we can't all be as smart as you, I love this forum super friendly people.
Don't feel bad, we ALL start somewhere. Easy mistake. The important thing to remember, be nice to folks with less skills than you as you learn and grow.
yummmy96712 (05-13-2017)
Old 10-09-2016, 07:08 AM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jhc
Don't feel bad, we ALL start somewhere. Easy mistake. The important thing to remember, be nice to folks with less skills than you as you learn and grow.
Each and every one of us has made a fool of ourselves when starting to look after and maintain our cars, so take the criticism in the spirit that its meant. It won't be too long before you have the experience to read a new owners question and your first thought will be "what an a**hole, why doesn't he just look in his manual, search the forum etc". So don't take it personally.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:06 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by samsniss350z
Each and every one of us has made a fool of ourselves when starting to look after and maintain our cars, so take the criticism in the spirit that its meant. It won't be too long before you have the experience to read a new owners question and your first thought will be "what an a**hole, why doesn't he just look in his manual, search the forum etc". So don't take it personally.
Sam,
I don't take anything on here personally at all. Simply stating we do all start at 0. Some folks have experience and talents, others literally know nothing.
It's important to tread the fine line between encouraging someone not to be lazy, and simply complaining/offering no help at all. If we are rude or haze new people we will be left with a very small and boring group of insiders.
Enjoy your week, sir.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:25 PM
samsniss350z

Smile

Originally Posted by jhc
Sam,
I don't take anything on here personally at all. Simply stating we do all start at 0. Some folks have experience and talents, others literally know nothing.
It's important to tread the fine line between encouraging someone not to be lazy, and simply complaining/offering no help at all. If we are rude or haze new people we will be left with a very small and boring group of insiders.
Enjoy your week, sir.
My comment was meant for Billybronco1 not yourself, my bad. Plus my comment read "your first thought" not necessarily what would be written. I've noticed in my time on this forum that there's a tendency for laziness to search and haste to flame those considered "not worthy" and like you, was trying to let OP know that with time his knowledge would expand. I don't see the point in being abusive for abusive's sake. https://my350z.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif
jhc (10-09-2016)
Old 10-09-2016, 04:48 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

My comment was meant for Billybronco1 not yourself, my bad. Plus my comment read "your first thought" not necessarily what would be written. I've noticed in my time on this forum that there's a tendency for laziness to search and haste to flame those considered "not worthy" and like you, was trying to let OP know that with time his knowledge would expand. I don't see the point in being abusive for abusive's sake. https://my350z.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif
Then why did you quote John

you big jerk

J/k I was picken up what you where laying down...

And now that OP has figured out that the brake fluid was low and his car is happy again...

Old 10-09-2016, 05:06 PM
samsniss350z

Is that the best you can do dumbass. I just happened to quote the wrong passage. You do like jumping into something that has F all to do with you. You're just the type of ***** i was talking about, mouthy, a POS and full of it with nothing constructive to contribute. Why so supercilious???
Old 10-09-2016, 05:14 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Is that the best you can do dumbass. I just happened to quote the wrong passage. You do like jumping into something that has F all to do with you. You're just the type of ***** i was talking about, mouthy, a POS and full of it with nothing constructive to contribute. Why so supercilious???

I had to Google supercilious, you should re-read what I actually wrote.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:40 PM
samsniss350z

And you, you insensate cretin should read what i originally wrote, you'll notice John wasn't in any way offended in the same way you were you congenital blockhead. Your dilatory neanderthaloid way of thinking started the abuse, I'm finishing it, now go look at google or a dictionary to find out what the words with more than one syllable mean and use abuse when its necessary not to try and make yourself look big and clever. You've failed.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:11 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

And you, you insensate cretin should read what i originally wrote, you'll notice John wasn't in any way offended in the same way you were you congenital blockhead. Your dilatory neanderthaloid way of thinking started the abuse, I'm finishing it, now go look at google or a dictionary to find out what the words with more than one syllable mean and use abuse when its necessary not to try and make yourself look big and clever. You've failed.

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Then why did you quote John

J/k I was picken up what you where laying down...

And now that OP has figured out that the brake fluid was low and his car is happy again...
Old 10-10-2016, 02:58 AM
samsniss350z

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
If you take your time and read entry #9 you'll find that i made a mistake when i quoted John and had the good grace to apologize. I actually meant to quote the OP but when travelling in a car using a phone its not the easiest thing to do. If you'd have read that then you'd have had no need to kick off like some brainless idiot. John understood because if you look he actually thanked me for the comment, but you being myopic didn't see that and thought that by wading in with your size 10's would proceed to try and make an idiot of me, unfortunately it backfired on you and you made a complete *** of yourself by being the type of idiot John and I were talking about. Go back to school and study for your GED as you have little command of the English language or you wouldn't have made that elementary mistake. Anybody can swear and call people names it doesn't take a lot of brainpower but putting together a cogent argument takes a little more thought. I only hope that spelling this out in the simplest terms possible it helps you understand that you totally misunderstood the situation. Your apology is accepted.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:22 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

If you take your time and read entry #9 you'll find that i made a mistake when i quoted John and had the good grace to apologize. I actually meant to quote the OP but when travelling in a car using a phone its not the easiest thing to do. If you'd have read that then you'd have had no need to kick off like some brainless idiot. John understood because if you look he actually thanked me for the comment, but you being myopic didn't see that and thought that by wading in with your size 10's would proceed to try and make an idiot of me, unfortunately it backfired on you and you made a complete *** of yourself by being the type of idiot John and I were talking about. Go back to school and study for your GED as you have little command of the English language or you wouldn't have made that elementary mistake. Anybody can swear and call people names it doesn't take a lot of brainpower but putting together a cogent argument takes a little more thought. I only hope that spelling this out in the simplest terms possible it helps you understand that you totally misunderstood the situation. Your apology is accepted.

Old 10-10-2016, 12:23 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

If you take your time and read what I wrote I said I was Just Kidding and that I understood from the get go that your message was for the original poster.

It's that part that said J/K im picking up what your putting down...

The googling of your large fancy words was a semi joke because you implied I thought I was better then others, but I responded by saying im so beneath others I needed to google vocabulary.

Again my kick off was a joke, as one can clearly see (at least I thought I made it clear)

My intention wasnt to make an idiot if you, my intention was to make a joke, poke fun, and provide some entertainment in this mostly dead thread.

Dont think I made an idiot of myself because I clearly said I was joking... Did I mention I was making a joke, maybe it was a bad joke, but it was a joke no the less.

I will apologize for calling you a jerk, although it was a joke and I thought it was in good fun.

I will go study for my GED test now

I also posted an awesome ladie picture
Old 10-12-2016, 08:41 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

OK, now that this thread was once again brought to my attention (through a different thread), I'll say what I was going to originally when I read this.

This is CLEARLY a case of someone NOT reading through and figuring out that there was jest in the middle of the thread and it was CLEARLY noted that there was some harmless kidding going on.

People, PLEASE READ THE POSTS IN THEIR ENTIRETY before letting your fingers move faster than your brains process the entire context.

As it is, it's all water under the bridge (over the dam?) at this point and there will be no infractions or otherwise pointing of fingers but if I (or other mods) see these types of responses in this forum again, or worst, posts that are reported to all moderators, there will be warnings and possible other actions.

You'd be surprised at how quickly the staff here reacts to reported posts.

Any or all of the following Terms of Use clauses will be enforced:

10.) HARASSMENT/FLAMING

Any harassment of other members will not be tolerated. Name calling, picking fights, etc. Do not make posts that incite arguments, or any post that turns to arguments and flame wars, etc. Posts of this nature will not be tolerated and can result in the immediate closing or deletion or editing of the post and the banishment of the posting members account. Any insults or harassments towards staff members, including board ownership (that is, Internet Brands aka IB), will result in instant banishment.

20.) FORUM CONTENT/USE OF LANGUAGE
Considering the real-time nature of our forum, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. Discussions revolving graphically sexual situations, [promoted use of] drugs and/or drug paraphernalia, intended or executed criminal activity, etc. will be deleted from the forum and bans issued (where applicable), so please refrain from such content. Forum content also includes language. Although there is an automatic filter that censors inappropriate/profane language, intentional attempts to bypass this filter will result in one warning and then a ban (Anything Goes forum is exempt). The language filter is implemented for a purpose, thus it should not be intentionally circumvented. Please use common sense when posting pictures. Nudity, gore, violent acts (and results thereof) amongst other images are not allowed. Please note that this includes pictures in your avatar and/or signature. This is a public site, accessible by minors as well. So please keep all viewable pictures/avatars/signatures under the common PG rating. Offensive avatars / signatures may be reported to our staff, and removed at their discretion. Any violations noted here are subject to ban as per moderator discretion.

21.) WARNINGS & BANISHMENT

Warnings are issued for misbehaviors or for violations of the above TOU rules. These strikes carry on to all usernames of the same person. Same goes for banishment; when a person is banned, all of their existing usernames are banned as well. There are ways to track usernames of the same person.

'Nuff said, so let's just please go back to talkin' about the namesake of this forum please.