Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

new roadster questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 08:06 PM
senger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new roadster questions

been doing a ton of searching, cannot find a few things and was wondering if anyone can answer some. cant find anything about installing bucket seats, is there any differences between the coupe and roadster like height, airbags, etc. also cant find anything about where to mount harnesses.

heard mixed answers about coilovers, some say all 350z coilovers will work on roadsters, some say they dont.

i plan to daily the car/drift it, so any advice with the car would be appreciated. coming from owning a 400hp 240sx so i have some learning to do. thanks in advance
Old 11-01-2016, 06:42 PM
senger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nobody has any answers?
Old 11-01-2016, 07:33 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

The ZR uses powered seats to operate the retractable roof. The ZR seats are specific to that model and installing aftermarket seats will likely lead to the roof not operating. Finally, there's not much info on harness bars for the ZR because they can't be installed easily, or more importantly, safely.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:03 PM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

The only thing i can think of that would be remotely suitable is something called a CG LOCK. A team of guys were using one when competing in the Toyota Sprint Series in the UK. It's claimed to be nearly as good as a race harness but without going to all of the effort of fitting one, especially when space is at a premium. It works by keeping the lap section of a standard belt locked tight and doesn't come loose, thus holding you tight in your seat whilst cornering hard. It's easy to fit and a lot of Roadster drivers who've encountered your problem swear by it. It was only available in the UK but chances are there is a US supplier as its been on the market now since February 2009. The company can be contacted on www.cg-lock.co.uk. From what i remember it retailed at around £55 to £60 and what with the rate of £ versus the $ you could get get yourself a great deal. It seems that its the safest and easiest fix for the limited space of the Roadsters.
These can be bought from Amazon

Last edited by samsniss350z; 11-03-2016 at 11:56 PM.