Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Jap info on Convertible. Needs Translation!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2002, 07:25 PM
z461

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So.. back to the conversation, are we looking at a convertible hardtop now in February?
Old 10-06-2002, 07:58 PM
RxO

Default Don't Bet The Farm On It.

Originally posted by z461
So.. back to the conversation, are we looking at a convertible hardtop now in February?
I believe the date is a little premature.
Old 10-06-2002, 08:11 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally posted by rouxeny
Basically, it has to do with WWII and the sentiment surrounding various people then. "Jap" was used as a derogatory term then by most of the people fighting against them. A similar slur would be to call somebody from German descent a "kraut," again commonly used and widely acceptable when the world was at a different place. Both had connotations that referred to much more than the location from which somebody was from. Today, both terms aren't quite PC and bring to mind some memories that are painful to many.

I think "Aussie" and "Brit" are self-generated terms, ie. by the citizens of those countries, and are thus not considered to be inflammatory. Most people I have met from Australia or England take those terms as words of pride.
I'd assume you are correct. However, as has been pointed out, "Yank" wasn't exactly meant in loving terms originally I don't think.

Nevermind. This really isn't the place for this, back to car talk
Old 10-06-2002, 08:16 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Don't Bet The Farm On It.

Originally posted by RxO
Hardtop though? I thought we were told soft-top???
Old 10-06-2002, 08:58 PM
HEUGE
Charter Member #40

Default Re: Don't Bet The Farm On It.

Originally posted by RxO
RxO,

Hmm... How about June for the convertible?

I noticed that you did NOT reject the hardtop comment.... hmmm.... so can you verify the hardtop comment? (it would mean the absolute end of Lexus' SC430 sales)

As for "Jap", I don't think we should take it the wrong way. fanatic6711 has made his regrets. I think that my childhood interpretation of that was far worse:

When I was in high-school I was in a youth leadership program with a bunch of kids from across NYS. One night I was hanging-out with a crowd from Long Island, NY, and as usual most of those conference it lead to late night conversations.

One of the girls there was telling me her life story and explained how she was a "Jap". Of course my immediate response was, well you don't look Asian. She laughed, then quickly corrected me that it meant "Jewish American Princess". I certainly showed my ignorance there.

Words do not themselves cause do harm, it is the specific usage.

Last edited by HEUGE; 10-06-2002 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-06-2002, 09:22 PM
zPilott

from babelfish.altavista.com (japenese to english)

³à ²² Poor Õó convertible 2004 NISSAN 350Z ½Ó ×Å 350Z discussions ÖØ Éú * Æä picture Åñ well discussion permitting/inserting oven Ò² geyser glowfly Áî complex pig chessman. NISSAN ÔÚ sound µ½ Ò» fixed Ö® tsubo lucky occurrence person Õª harmony ten thousand discussion approximate competition * couple approximate ÃÔ stopping/deciding * Óµ ÓÐ Õâ Á¾ the poor kidney right ±´ * Ò² sound person page Ò» lap like ÄÑ. Hiroshi ¼Æ 2004 fixed fence NISSAN 350Z picture Åñ ÅÜ approximate discussion valve ¼Û approaching/leaning dust ´Ó $35,000 soft * ½« ÓÚ ramie fixed bending/discouraging Ô ÖÁ ËÄ Ô ¼ä beginning secret Õ¹ * ¼ä. The Óë praising platform Coupe approximation ÐÍ Ò» the Ñù * picture Åñ well Ò² ±¸ the ÓÐ * ͬ discussion letter е Jun ¹¹ * ÒÔ system ÄÇ the severe 287 Æ¥ Âí Á¦ discussion 3.5 society width V6 Òý Çæ * it is harsh Åä ºÏ ×Ô electric »ò reply telegram extending moat odor. Couple effective approximate Éí ͬ É« discussion µç strongly the Ó² competition ÔÚ Ò» ¸ö catalpa prisoner it is strong the ×÷ new moon * banquet person ´Ó β * ÖÐ width soft. ÓÉ ÓÚ approximate everyone Ä¿ sense Õý Ϊ 350Z Coupe discussion permitting/inserting oven deviation from friendship sound harshly ¿ª residence * ÉÐ Takashi À´ friendship type society design Åñ well discussion ÕÕ head * evening ÖÐ Ëù ʾ it is painful the Isao elephant tsubo no * connected Ëù ÖÆ discussion ¼Æ flax letter Ó° *.