Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Z33 Convertible; it's Official...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 07:11 PM
japanparts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z33 Convertible; it's Official...

Was talking to my Nissan wholesaler today and he told me that the Japanese domestic market will get the Z33 convertible in December 2002; Federal Roll-Over regulations will probably mean you won't get this car (JDM got the Z 32 convertible in 1995)
I'll post pictures and links on this forum as soon as they're in
Graham E Ware
http://www.japanparts.com
Tokyo
Old 10-10-2002, 04:42 AM
CoachZ

Default Re: Z33 Convertible; it's Official...

Originally posted by japanparts
Was talking to my Nissan wholesaler today and he told me that the Japanese domestic market will get the Z33 convertible in December 2002; Federal Roll-Over regulations will probably mean you won't get this car (JDM got the Z 32 convertible in 1995)
I'll post pictures and links on this forum as soon as they're in
Graham E Ware
Tokyo
Graham,
We've been told numerous times we're to get a convertible Z come Spring 2003. Are you saying it will be different than the one they'll release in Japan this December or that we won't have one at all?!!

Josh
Old 10-10-2002, 06:02 PM
japanparts

Default I was told...

The reason the US never got the Z 32 convertible was it wouldn't pass the strict Federal roll-over requirements
If Nissan can get the Z33 Convertible through crash and roll-over testing, as is required by NHTSA for pre-import approval and "federalising" then I've no doubt you'll see that car in your market

Japan will have them first tho'

Regards,
Graham E Ware
Tokyo
Old 10-10-2002, 06:08 PM
ToddLuc

Federal Roll-Over regulations will probably mean you won't get this car.
...I've no doubt you'll see that car in your market
Now I'm a little confused. You first said we won't get it, then you say we will. Which is it?
Old 10-10-2002, 06:33 PM
Jason

Uh...

If a Miata can be sold in the states, a Z convertible certainly can. Any convertible for that matter. There might be a bit more paperwork for Nissan to fill out in the states but uh...

The reason the US never got the Z 32 convertible was it wouldn't pass the strict Federal roll-over requirements
Huh? We did get the Z32 convertible. I see them all the time.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:10 PM
japanparts

Default Didn't realise you got the Z32 convertible

OK, I'll rephrase this:

(1) Japan is getting the Z33 convertible in December 2002
(2) I have not heard anything official about the USA getting the car, but IF it passes federalising like the Miata, MR-2 et.al. then there is NO REASON why the US market won't get it
(3)Japan will definitely be getting this Unit before the USA does

GW
Tokyo*
Old 10-10-2002, 09:02 PM
donnyz

z33....whats that again?
Old 10-10-2002, 09:28 PM
Yuichi

Default Re: I was told...

Originally posted by japanparts
If Nissan can get the Z33 Convertible through crash and roll-over testing, as is required by NHTSA for pre-import approval and "federalising" then I've no doubt you'll see that car in your market

Japan will have them first tho'

Regards,
Graham E Ware
Tokyo
Maybe I'm misunderstanding this but we do have a 300ZX convertible. There are not the most popular model and was never offered in Twin Turbo. But there are quite a few around.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:26 PM
japanparts

Default Well, the Convertible will be released in December in Japan

but with the current backorder on the "Z's" it would not suprise me in the least if you were able to get one in the USA sooner; it's certainly the case with the current car
I didn't realise you DID get the Z-32 Convertible, my bad. Tho' they can't be too common or popular as you say as I've never seen one in a US mag. or on the street on my many trips to the USA
Anyway; let's look forward to the new Car, it will be a very popular Unit
GW
Tokyo*
Old 10-10-2002, 11:31 PM
japanparts

Default My source is Nissan themselves as it happens...

A Nissan wholesale Dealer I've dealt with for over a decade. They will have a demonstrator Convertible in December, which is when the Unit is pegged for release.
I will post pictures of the Unit, and a "drive impression" on this forum; there is at least one Unit in existance, it's painted Orange, so "concept car" it is not.
BTW Thanks Porschekliier for your sarcasm and overwhelming negativity; you're obviously one of natures true gentleman and the kinda guy that puts the word Sport in MotorSport, right?
And the creative backbone of this new forum too it seems...

Graham E Ware
Tokyo
Old 10-10-2002, 11:37 PM
InternetABYSS

sorry if members dont put their opinions in more civil ways.

We would still like to hear your info Graham even though folks in america all want pics for proof...OR a OFFICAL press release from nissan.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:47 PM
japanparts

Default It's OK, I'm not always right, and I don't

even pretend to know everything. If someone wants to attack me then let free speech prevail; I'm a big boy now and can give as good as I get.... anyway, a bit of controversy never hurt any forum, the number of good people will always outnumber the bad; that's what's makes it all worthwhile in the end
MotorSport is a Sport in all its forms; some people are good sportsmen, and some aren't IMHO
And I'll continue to offer Members of this forum the very best deal out there for JDM parts, I ran a 1/2 page ad in Sport Compact Car October issue and I exhibited a body Kit at the April Long Beach Auto Salon, so some of you may have already met me
I'll try and keep up with all the new "Z" Parts; already sold the very first NISMO Body Kit exported to a member of this forum, lots more stuff coming; I've heard there's a limited slip diff out shortly
Graham E Ware
Export Manager
Tokyo*
Old 10-11-2002, 05:37 AM
S2kRob

I don't buy it. The 350Z is geared specifically to the US market. Every other market is secondary.

We will see the convertible make its worldwide debut at LA or Detroit, and go on sale shortly thereafter.

Also, we did get the Z32 convertible, just to let you know.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:48 PM
bluefish

Default right...

Originally posted by porscheKliier
Japanparts has absolutely no idea what he's talking about and whatever he's saying it's already out there.. I mean who doesn't know that for any manufacturer to sell vehicles in USA, they'd have to meet federal and dot requirements..?
Also, he didn't have a clue about the z32 convs. He didn't see any so he not only assumed only japan got them, but also he determined the cause, "it didn't meet the federal requirements"..

This guy's in this forum just hoping to sell some parts to the Z owners, that's all.
This guy told me the NISMO kit including spoiler was costing my dealership ......$ 4000.00 i asked for a discount for 10 kits asap.. he said he could only get me one...

Not sure who he is or what kind of business he is attempting to start here..I'll wait till NISMO come in Feb/March...

He knows nothing about the US market.. Convertable ??

Duh, we know were getting it...

Quick Reply: Z33 Convertible; it's Official...