Notices
370Z Audio & Video 370Z on board entertainment, electronics, sound systems etc.

No USB Port??

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 01:42 PM
PA 19103

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, just ignore the guy. His wife probably left his fat *** and about to take half of his stuff and not getting laid.

Yes Pushing Tin, we'll teach you, whatever you need to know or learn, not like some a-hole who thinks he knows the world when he was born.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:48 PM
westpak
SFZCC

LOL amazing how people keep posting attacking me while not helping this poor soul in search for such valuable information

anyone else?? if you have not realized it, I really don't care what you think of me so keep it coming it has been rather entertaining seeing your reactions to a couple of comments, they are so hostile it begs to question what issues you all have and should you seek professional help
Old 11-23-2008, 02:12 PM
whoady4shoady

Originally Posted by westpak
LOL amazing how people keep posting attacking me while not helping this poor soul in search for such valuable information

anyone else?? if you have not realized it, I really don't care what you think of me so keep it coming it has been rather entertaining seeing your reactions to a couple of comments, they are so hostile it begs to question what issues you all have and should you seek professional help
A usb port would be sweet. The more options the better IMHO.

How the hell did you make it to premiere member on this site?
Old 11-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Pushing_Tin

Wow you're a parent? No wonder there are so many retarded irresponsible kids running around loose these days. And it's obvious you do care what we all think because you continue to post in my "idiotic" thread.

I have an idea, how about you get your *** of the net and spend some time with your kid? Since he's so bright I'm sure he'd love to hear all about how cool is dad is, arguing all day on the net with random people! Instead of driving his car or spending quality time with his son.

Pathetic.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:32 PM
MMC Racing

1st - reported Westpak's post. Completely uncalled for and THAT is what is wrong with this section, not people asking legit questions..

As for the USB - Nissan has for whatever reason desided not to offer USB.. BMW does. Acura does. Ford does. Nissan decided IPod support was good enough for mp3 player/usb stick support and instead offers compact flash cards as an option. This is ok in my opinion, but much of the world has moved to SD cards and that would have been a better option.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Pushing_Tin

Thanks for the positive responses all, my flaming isn't really helping either. I've been on dozens of car/motorcyle boards for well over a decade and there are always a few losers that are starved for attention. This board is no different. Again I appreciate the helpful replies.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:38 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well Damm, no Rs-422 port either. I guess I will not get one now.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Firebase99

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Huh? I didnt even think about the USB port. My aftermarket Pioneer system has one and its a great, easy way to transfer media. Well the iPod adaptor will be fine, I use that 99% of the time anyway. Then again Im buying a Vette and wont be able to hear the music over that 430HP V8!! Kidding. Maybe.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:43 PM
MMC Racing

Originally Posted by cdoxp800
Well Damm, no Rs-422 port either. I guess I will not get one now.
I just reread the OP's original post:

I was looking at the "music box" option and I had assumed that there would be a USB to transfer mp3s to the HD, but it looks like you use a compact flash card? How exactly does that work? I don't have an Ipod, or a compact flash slot on my PC, so how am I supposed to transfer 4gb of mp3s?? <!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Doesn't say anything about not buying the car because of the lack of a USB port.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:48 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow. This thread went nowhere fast.

Everybody needs to lighten up. Damn, the 370Z forum is getting as bad as the Politic/War forum.

Consider yourselves warned - continuing this will result in you getting an all expenses paid vacation away from here for a few weeks.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:30 PM
lottness

Well USB would have been sweet but I guess they had bigger things to worry about than a USB port for convenience. Maybe it will be something they will look into in the future.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:52 PM
trebien

The "music box" option was always kinf of funny to me. It had some really good features and technology in it, and at the same time, some really archaic features as well.

The burr-brown DACs in the system were quite impressive for a car system... at the same time, when it first came out (and as someone hinted at) you had to rip CDs to get MP3s into the system, with no iPod adapter? That could take a while... sitting in your garage and ripping CDs to the stereo? Bad interface, imo.

In fact, I remember (faintly) somebody got a G37 with the music box and promptly ran down their battery after a couple of hours in the garage ripping CDs...

Thank goodness you can at least interface an iPod, now... and that would be the only way that I would use it... the interface design for synchronizing a person's library is quite ill conceived.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Pushing_Tin

Originally Posted by trebien
The "music box" option was always kinf of funny to me. It had some really good features and technology in it, and at the same time, some really archaic features as well.

The burr-brown DACs in the system were quite impressive for a car system... at the same time, when it first came out (and as someone hinted at) you had to rip CDs to get MP3s into the system, with no iPod adapter? That could take a while... sitting in your garage and ripping CDs to the stereo? Bad interface, imo.

In fact, I remember (faintly) somebody got a G37 with the music box and promptly ran down their battery after a couple of hours in the garage ripping CDs...

Thank goodness you can at least interface an iPod, now... and that would be the only way that I would use it... the interface design for synchronizing a person's library is quite ill conceived.
Good information. At the risk of asking an "idiotic" question again, does the Ipod adapter work on any Mp3 player? Do you know how the system handles .wma or other protected files?
Old 11-23-2008, 04:39 PM
trebien

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
Good information. At the risk of asking an "idiotic" question again, does the Ipod adapter work on any Mp3 player? Do you know how the system handles .wma or other protected files?
Just an iPod... but also, now there are RCA-type inputs... where you could plug in any mp3 type player with a headphone port. But you wouldn't be able to control the iPod player through the stereo controls... like next track, previous, etc. which is pretty handy.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Bary626

Originally Posted by Scotty2H
Or maybe he should ask the question on a public forum created to discuss the car.

You weren't born with the knowledge of the world, neither was your genius son. We all learn from somewhere, he chose to learn from those in the know on this site. Why you have to be a ***** to someone excited about a car and wanting to learn is beyond me. The fact that you're an adult (evidenced by having a child) and not some 16 year old is downright embarrassing.

Chill out.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:24 PM
RedSled

Originally Posted by trebien
Just an iPod... but also, now there are RCA-type inputs... where you could plug in any mp3 type player with a headphone port. But you wouldn't be able to control the iPod player through the stereo controls... like next track, previous, etc. which is pretty handy.
Interesting. I wonder if an adapter of some sort would solve this problem; ie using an iPod to Zune cable or something similar.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:57 PM
350zQ45a

For clarification... Can you use the IPOD as a HD and copy all the MP3s from the IPOD to the music box? Or do you need to move everything to the CF and copy from there..

Did they ever have the ability to copy the MP3s from a cd without ripping it as an audio CD?
Old 11-23-2008, 06:04 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
Wow you're a parent? No wonder there are so many retarded irresponsible kids running around loose these days. And it's obvious you do care what we all think because you continue to post in my "idiotic" thread.

I have an idea, how about you get your *** of the net and spend some time with your kid? Since he's so bright I'm sure he'd love to hear all about how cool is dad is, arguing all day on the net with random people! Instead of driving his car or spending quality time with his son.

Pathetic.
wow very grown up and mature, I am hurt

Originally Posted by MMC Racing
1st - reported Westpak's post. Completely uncalled for and THAT is what is wrong with this section, not people asking legit questions..

As for the USB - Nissan has for whatever reason desided not to offer USB.. BMW does. Acura does. Ford does. Nissan decided IPod support was good enough for mp3 player/usb stick support and instead offers compact flash cards as an option. This is ok in my opinion, but much of the world has moved to SD cards and that would have been a better option.
wow thanks for reporting me, feel like a big man now?? did you report every one else that did personal attacks and vulgarity?? I am not the one quoting women's periods, *****'s...
Old 11-23-2008, 06:12 PM
MMC Racing

wow thanks for reporting me, feel like a big man now?? did you report every one else that did personal attacks and vulgarity?? I am not the one quoting women's periods, *****'s...
You seem to upset easily and pull out your internet sword. You were out of line as were the people who responded to you.. But without you, there wouldn't be them and that is why I only reported you. Feel free to report them if your feelings got hurt.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Done Deal DR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick Reply: No USB Port??