Notices
370Z Audio & Video 370Z on board entertainment, electronics, sound systems etc.

No USB Port??

Old 11-23-2008, 08:24 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MMC Racing
You seem to upset easily and pull out your internet sword. You were out of line as were the people who responded to you.. But without you, there wouldn't be them and that is why I only reported you. Feel free to report them if your feelings got hurt.
LOL I am not upset but amused at people's reactions I think others are easy to anger.

I also find you moral fiber interesting, based on your logic if two guys get into an argument and total strangers listening in decide to shoot up the place you would turn in the guy that was arguing instead of the shooters. Hmm interesting moral code there. If you are going to appoint yourself the protector you should report every one. I can't imagine how my answer offended you more than the vulgar behavior of the others
Old 11-23-2008, 08:30 PM
MMC Racing

Originally Posted by westpak
LOL I am not upset but amused at people's reactions I think others are easy to anger.

I also find you moral fiber interesting, based on your logic if two guys get into an argument and total strangers listening in decide to shoot up the place you would turn in the guy that was arguing instead of the shooters. Hmm interesting moral code there. If you are going to appoint yourself the protector you should report every one. I can't imagine how my answer offended you more than the vulgar behavior of the others
Of course.. You did nothing wrong and will deflect your way into somehow sitting on the moral high ground.. Classic internet behavior.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:38 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question is... lack of USB a deal breaker from purchasing a 370Z? If not, then we can opt for an aftermarket unit that has one, plus offer improved audio quality. Else, stick to CF card or SD-to-CF adapter with our existing music-box. I don't know much, but Infiniti can offer up some examples.

Phuong (Feels like throwing up after ingesting too much alcohol from wedding reception...).
Old 11-23-2008, 09:40 PM
DevinB

LOL USB port?????? WTF

people are worried about weight and power and you are worried about a USB port GTFO and look at other cars

It is bad enough people are already day dreaming about turbo kits and wheel offsets on a car that is not here but worrying about it not having a USB port???? come on
So, just because other people are worried about power and weight, means he is not allowed to inquire about features offered by Nissan? I understand where you are coming from when someone creates a thread pertaining to a topic that has been beaten to death or when the topic doesn't apply to the specific subforum in which it was posted, but he did neither of the two. He posted a genuine question about the 370Z in the 370Z subforum. Had he decided to post this topic in the Intake/Exhaust section, I would understand your discontent. Whats ironic is that I guarantee you would not act as you do if you weren't hiding behind your computer.

Let's imagine for a second that you were both at the L.A. Auto Show this past week checking out Nissans newest offering, when someone standing next you asks "Hey do you know if they are fitting a USB port for the stereo?". More than likely you would inform him of Nissans shortcoming. There is not a ****ing chance in hell you would have laughed in his face and said "What the ****, are you kidding me. How about you go check out the Ford booth and let the men talk power and weight". Fact.

Last edited by DevinB; 11-23-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:51 PM
DevinB

I also find you moral fiber interesting, based on your logic if two guys get into an argument and total strangers listening in decide to shoot up the place you would turn in the guy that was arguing instead of the shooters.
Terrible analogy. What you were trying to iterate was that if a guy walked into a McDonalds and insulted a stranger for asking other patrons a McDonalds related question. Then after hearing this guy being completely disrespectful for no reason, surrounding customers kicked his ***.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:58 PM
DevinB

wow very grown up and mature
Pot calling kettle black.

feel like a big man now??
I pose this question to you. Do you feel like a big man now that you insulted someone over the internet regarding a USB port? What I wouldn't give to see your wifes reaction when she found out her "man" gets his kicks by bullying people via the web over something so trivial.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:08 PM
DevinB

it begs to question what issues you all have and should you seek professional help
Take your own advice. A question regarding a USB port enraged you enough to verbally attack a stranger. What happens when someone bumps into you on accident, on the sidewalk?
Old 11-23-2008, 10:21 PM
lottness

Old 11-24-2008, 04:56 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by DevinB
Take your own advice. A question regarding a USB port enraged you enough to verbally attack a stranger. What happens when someone bumps into you on accident, on the sidewalk?
what rage? you can accurately determine that from typed words on a screen? Wow you are good maybe you should pursue a new line of work. I am not being amused any more by you people's lame responses, the first few were funny, work a little harder at it maybe you can squeeze one out a little more imaginative
Old 11-24-2008, 05:34 AM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by DevinB
Terrible analogy. What you were trying to iterate was that if a guy walked into a McDonalds and insulted a stranger for asking other patrons a McDonalds related question. Then after hearing this guy being completely disrespectful for no reason, surrounding customers kicked his ***.
"So... What's good here?"
Old 11-24-2008, 05:51 AM
xNeo

No Raid 5 scsi controller? What a POS, I'm getting a Genesis.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:05 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 350zQ45a
For clarification... Can you use the IPOD as a HD and copy all the MP3s from the IPOD to the music box? Or do you need to move everything to the CF and copy from there..

Did they ever have the ability to copy the MP3s from a cd without ripping it as an audio CD?

You can't copy from an iPod. Without software you can't copy from an iPod to a computer and I'm sure that Music Box will have no way of supporting said software. Just gonna have to keep the iPod plugged in.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:44 AM
rockinbboy

Anyone know if it also has a parallel port?
Old 11-24-2008, 11:13 AM
SargentZ

...certainly not a deal breaker. One of the first things I got for my '07 was a new head unit that had guess what? a usb jack right on the front plate. Its nice to plug my 2 GB Lexar Firefly right into the front and enjoy 20 or so of the latest CDs. The stock system blows on Z's anyway.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:46 PM
bigdog1250

Westpak you are just plain stupid. Please continue to flame not only in this thread but on this site. It's always nice to know that a lower species exists.

Maybe i'll turn you in as the "missing link." That could pay for my new Z!!!

And even though there is no USB, you can use the component (red, white, yellow) inputs to plug in ANY mp3 device with a head phone jack.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:40 PM
DayZblue350Z

why bother, this is the internet, have you ever seen "the last word"? no it just moves onto another post on another thread.

i don't mind using AUX or just burning a cd before i go on a trip. i mean i paid 200 for a cheap deck with aux. i wont flame you though. i agree that its definitively a convenience factor and wouldn't lose sleep over a usb drive weighing my car down. put it in a model like the touring not the track model or base model. i dont have the answers but no need to flame. damn.