Notices
370Z Audio & Video 370Z on board entertainment, electronics, sound systems etc.

No USB Port??

Old 11-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Pushing_Tin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No USB Port??

I was looking at the "music box" option and I had assumed that there would be a USB to transfer mp3s to the HD, but it looks like you use a compact flash card? How exactly does that work? I don't have an Ipod, or a compact flash slot on my PC, so how am I supposed to transfer 4gb of mp3s??
Old 11-22-2008, 10:05 PM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude, have you ever heard of a sd card? or how bout a compact disc?

There is a sd reader and cd player.

You buy a USB sd reader for you comp and load the songs onto it or burn them to cd.

http://www.google.com/search?q=sd+ca...ient=firefox-a

Last edited by kacz07; 11-22-2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Pushing_Tin

Originally Posted by kacz07
Dude, have you ever heard of a sd card? or how bout a compact disc?

There is a sd reader and cd player.

You buy a USB sd reader for you comp and load the songs onto it or burn them to cd.

http://www.google.com/search?q=sd+ca...ient=firefox-a
Never heard of it, but I've never needed one before. Thanks for the links, seems quite simple! Still don't understand why they didn't put a USB port in there, seems to be pretty standard on most new cars these days.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:26 AM
westpak
SFZCC

LOL USB port?????? WTF

people are worried about weight and power and you are worried about a USB port GTFO and look at other cars

It is bad enough people are already day dreaming about turbo kits and wheel offsets on a car that is not here but worrying about it not having a USB port???? come on
Old 11-23-2008, 08:00 AM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where's the RS-232 port?

You can get an SD-to-CF adapter if you prefer purchasing SD cards over CF. Or you can simply get CF cards because they are a bit more robust for the vehicle environment.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Scotty2H

My current car has none of this stuff, but if you were to ask me what I thought a company would use to transfer data, I would have said USB.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Pushing_Tin

Originally Posted by westpak
LOL USB port?????? WTF

people are worried about weight and power and you are worried about a USB port GTFO and look at other cars

It is bad enough people are already day dreaming about turbo kits and wheel offsets on a car that is not here but worrying about it not having a USB port???? come on

Hey phuckstick, last time I checked this board was for discussing the new car. If you don't like the topic may I suggest the following.....DO NOT CLICK THE EFFING THREAD!!! Do I give a **** about 75% of the threads here? Nope, do I go to each one and reply with some useless ****? Nope.

Dumbazz.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:51 AM
Pushing_Tin

To the others that offered intelligent useful replies. Thanks.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:02 AM
westpak
SFZCC

it is idiotic topics like yours from newbies that clutter the board with crap

and just as you are free to start a stupid topic that probably belongs on a newbie section of a computer board I am free to comment on your ignorance
Old 11-23-2008, 10:21 AM
in.the.dark

and just as you are free to start a stupid topic that probably belongs on a newbie section of a computer board I am free to comment on your ignorance
Westpak, chill. This guy was just wondering about the new features of the 370Z and how to transfer music to the hard drive. This isn't a performance only forum, it's a general 370Z forum and he has every right to ask any question about the 370Z (so long as it's not a repost). Pushing Tin was even kind and civil enough to thank kacz07 for an actual reply.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:30 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by in.the.dark
Westpak, chill. This guy was just wondering about the new features of the 370Z and how to transfer music to the hard drive. This isn't a performance only forum, it's a general 370Z forum and he has every right to ask any question about the 370Z (so long as it's not a repost). Pushing Tin was even kind and civil enough to thank kacz07 for an actual reply.
well if he can't figure out something like how to transfer files, which my kid could do with his eyes closed, maybe he should be looking at something simpler
Old 11-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Scotty2H

Or maybe he should ask the question on a public forum created to discuss the car.

You weren't born with the knowledge of the world, neither was your genius son. We all learn from somewhere, he chose to learn from those in the know on this site. Why you have to be a ***** to someone excited about a car and wanting to learn is beyond me. The fact that you're an adult (evidenced by having a child) and not some 16 year old is downright embarrassing.

Chill out.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:30 AM
ART_

If a VW Rabbit in Mexico comes with a USB port standard why can't 370z here have one?

USB is the easiest way to copy and store MP3s without a need of buying an IPOD or any useless Memory cards adapters. I was expecting a USB port on 370z as well but I couldn't find it on any posted pictures.

I suspect that most Automakers don't put USB ports in North American cars because people in US and Canada are still buying CDs and from Itunes. Most people have USB sticks already, if they could use them in their cars for music, who'd make money off CDs and Ipods/ITunes?

Last edited by ART_; 11-23-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:40 AM
350zQ45a

IIRC, when I test drove the new G35 sedan when it first came out, you were unable to copy MP3s from a cd to the music box. I seem to recall the only way to perform this was to rip an audio cd to the music box, which seemed like a huge waste of time.

Is this still true, or was I wrong to begin with. Can you take an MP3 cd and just copy it over the Music box HD?
Old 11-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Pushing_Tin

Yes, I'm so new to teh interwebz, thanks for putting me in my place you effing loser douche.

So let me see if I have this right. I start an "idiotic topic" which you then pollute with even more pointless and idiotic posts..?

Okay, got it. Again, go eff yourself. Got anymore problems PM me, or like I said before ignore topics you have no interest in. That's what intelligent adults do.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:49 AM
whoady4shoady

LOL USB port?????? WTF

Blood coming from between your legs will never be pleasant but......................
Old 11-23-2008, 11:51 AM
whoady4shoady

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
Yes, I'm so new to teh interwebz, thanks for putting me in my place you effing loser douche.

So let me see if I have this right. I start an "idiotic topic" which you then pollute with even more pointless and idiotic posts..?

Okay, got it. Again, go eff yourself. Got anymore problems PM me, or like I said before ignore topics you have no interest in. That's what intelligent adults do.

There was nothing wrong with your post tin. Some people are just crazy.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:43 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by whoady4shoady
Blood coming from between your legs will never be pleasant but......................
speaking from experience?? I wouldn't know

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin

I don't have any other problems with you other than this stupid thread, I guess that by your definition you are not an adult by not ignoring my posts?

Originally Posted by Scotty2H
Or maybe he should ask the question on a public forum created to discuss the car.

You weren't born with the knowledge of the world, neither was your genius son. We all learn from somewhere, he chose to learn from those in the know on this site. Why you have to be a ***** to someone excited about a car and wanting to learn is beyond me. The fact that you're an adult (evidenced by having a child) and not some 16 year old is downright embarrassing.

Chill out.
Embarrassing? not really, it would only be embarrassing if I cared what you thought of me
Old 11-23-2008, 01:01 PM
bigdog1250

Westpak You are a fucing ****. Honestly why the fuc do you flame in this thread if it has no interest to you? This is an excellent site as well as the most annoying due to queres like you.

This man asked a simple question, answer it or GTFO.

Send me your address so I can ship you a ***** either for your *** or to shove in your mouth so you STFU.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:31 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by bigdog1250
Westpak You are a fucing ****. Honestly why the fuc do you flame in this thread if it has no interest to you? This is an excellent site as well as the most annoying due to queres like you.

This man asked a simple question, answer it or GTFO.

Send me your address so I can ship you a ***** either for your *** or to shove in your mouth so you STFU.
I flame because I can

what is your excuse for replying and not answering his question????

and your mom would actually let you take her ****** to ship to strangers??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No USB Port??