Notices
370Z Exterior & Interior 370Z body kits, exterior modification, interior styling and lighting

PICS FINALLY OUT!!!!

Old 10-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Zyclone Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to see numbers... Looks different.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:12 PM
supergoji

Fully loaded a Z Grand touring roadster is going for 48k. EVErY option box checked. nismo is 39k loaded.

Last edited by supergoji; 10-29-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Cabriniman

Talking

I love it!

I may have to part with my 2003 and get one.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Z053

Originally Posted by scrapser
According to an interview with the designer, that will be the price of the high-end model. I thought from reading various forums it was going to be offered starting at $29.5K but that now seems like wishful thinking. The base range is reported to be $37K which is also pretty high.

I think Nissan has just shot themselves in the foot with a high priced, kinda sorta new Z car. This may be the end of the legend. We will see.
If the cheapest 370Z is $37k, that means it's an increase of $8,500 over the 2008 base 350Z and is also $2k more than the base G37 coupe that comes with more features standard as well as two more seats. Sorry, I just don't see that happening as Nissan will not priced a base 370Z to surpass the base G37 coupe - unless they are desperate to move the Infiniti's.

My prediction is that the base will start at $30,000, enthusiast at $32,400 and touring at $34,500. Anything higher, Nissan might as well make it a limited production car as it won't sell very well.

Last edited by Z053; 10-29-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:29 PM
mpol99

Wow, some of your reactions are exactly the same as the ones we had back in '02 about the Z33 (especially from Z32 owners: "Ugly, looks like a turd, bla bla bla")! LOL Something tells me the look will grow on some of the haters.

Personally, I love it!!! Might have to pick one up as I miss my '03

Last edited by mpol99; 10-30-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:39 PM
bruddahmatt

It would be cool if that orange ring around the tach was the shift light Lexus IS style. Personally I think this car is teh secks. I am now officially back to square one with regards to my Camaro SS vs. 370Z debacle regarding my next car once the lease on my G is up. Z34 FTMFW.

A few things I've noticed about the interior that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet or folks haven't paid much attention to:

There's a blank switch between the seat heater switches. On Infinitis this is generally where the "Snow Mode" switch goes on AWD models except that I really don't see Nissan doing an AWD Z. With that being said, on certain Infinitis such as the FX, there's a "Snow Mode" button even on 2WD models which starts you off in a higher gear and reduces throttle response. Who knows.

As someone else already stated, there's a button opposite the hazard button in front of the shifter.

For folks who are complaining about the shifter, let me say that from the pics it looks identical to the shifter in my '07 6M/T Sedan except that it has the shift pattern on the top of the **** instead of a strip of aluminum. This shifter is also the same one that can be found in the G37. It's much more direct, more positive and lighter than the clunkier unit found in the Z33 and V35 Gs. Trust me, you folks will like it.

For those whining about the fact that there's only one cup holder...remember back in the day when REAL sports cars didn't come with cup holders? Besides, the ones in the door are way more functional than the ones in the console since they don't block the shifter. The only console mounted cup holder that gets use in my G is the drop in holder that fits into the center console storage area since it's mounted way back. The two under the sliding cover never get any use since they're mounted too far forward and cause any cup they're holding to get in the way when it's time to shift.

I do like the digital gauge on the left hand side of the cluster. As I said, I just hope that orange ring surrounding the tach is a shift light as I think it'll look strange with it, the white digital cluster and the ringless speedo all crammed into one space. A lot going on much?

As a whole, the interior of the Z34 is miles better than the inside of a Z33. For those who want to install their own DD screen, there's always the non navi models. The screen is only there on navi models. All this crap talk about "this can't be the final product blah blah..." it is. Get over it. But there will be a second interior to choose from, one that doesn't have a screen so don't get your panties in a bunch just yet.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Salvatorey

So am i the only one that thinks it's a beautiful car?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Frostydc4

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by scrapser
There's a link on the 370Z-Tech website that has an inteview with the 370Z designer who states the car will cost between 3,700,000 and 4,700,000 yen. In US dollars that's $37-48K. Do you still love the car? Sorry, I wouldn't pay that kind of money for it.

How old is the article?

You know the yen has strengthened substantially against the USD and most currencies recently!

I still think it will start for $31-$32K
Old 10-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Did anyone notice the suede door inserts?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:03 PM
PA 19103

I watched that NFS Undercover game video, if the look of the car and dimensions are precisely that in real life, I'm getting to like to car more. I love the look of it when it moves in motion. 10 seconds later, I switched back to the 350z look and videos, I have to say that: Yes, 350z style has aged and the new design does look different and good.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Advent7

I'll have to see it in person....I didn't like the GTR that much but once i saw it in person i was so pleased.

We can all agree that this Z is quite a bit more aggressive looking. I do like interior though but I think they could make it a little cleaner. As for now I still think the current Z is a great design. We've been just looking at for a long time now so some of us want a change. I still don't think they should have put a gtr roof on the Z cause it's still rounded more then the GTR. If they wanted a 240Z look they should have squared a few more things on the Z.

The one thing that really bugs me is the headlight bulge from a side view and then the whole boomerangs shape in general. This will be a Z i won't mind seeing a headlight overlay on.

Anyways i'm just nit picking it now cause I haven't been able to see it in person but I can say that i'm not as excited as I was when the current Z came out.

Edit:

There will always be an endless amount of opinions like mine cause we love our current Z's and over all I think we all want Nissan to produce good looking cars, not only cause were enthusiasts but because there's so much garbage out there that we always look at and we hope that Nissan wont be one of these companies...and they really haven't been for a while now.

I can't wait to see the tuners get there hands on this.

Last edited by Advent7; 10-29-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:25 PM
BaTMan_4

i like. that wheel gap doesn't seem to leave the stock Z's hu?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:28 PM
zsport1

New Z looks great! Much more aggressive than the 350Z.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:32 PM
scrapser

Originally Posted by Frostydc4
How old is the article?

You know the yen has strengthened substantially against the USD and most currencies recently!

The article is dated 6/28 and I had the same thought when I was converting the Yen figures (3.7 -4.7 million). I think the prices are too high and will likely be lower but by how much is a good question.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:42 PM
scrapser

Originally Posted by Advent7
I'll have to see it in person....I didn't like the GTR that much but once i saw it in person i was so pleased.

We can all agree that this Z is quite a bit more aggressive looking. I do like interior though but I think they could make it a little cleaner. As for now I still think the current Z is a great design. We've been just looking at for a long time now so some of us want a change. I still don't think they should have put a gtr roof on the Z cause it's still rounded more then the GTR. If they wanted a 240Z look they should have squared a few more things on the Z.

The one thing that really bugs me is the headlight bulge from a side view and then the whole boomerangs shape in general. This will be a Z i won't mind seeing a headlight overlay on.

Anyways i'm just nit picking it now cause I haven't been able to see it in person but I can say that i'm not as excited as I was when the current Z came out.

Edit:

There will always be an endless amount of opinions like mine cause we love our current Z's and over all I think we all want Nissan to produce good looking cars, not only cause were enthusiasts but because there's so much garbage out there that we always look at and we hope that Nissan wont be one of these companies...and they really haven't been for a while now.

I can't wait to see the tuners get there hands on this.
I've seen the GTR twice now (once driving around town and another at a Nissan dealer). The car looks cool but it's just plain HUGE! Just like the new Camaro and Challenger, it looks too big for a sports car. Although the American cars were not really sports cars in their hey day...they were muscle cars and are sorely missed by those of us who grew up during that time. I remember getting a ride with my friends older brother who had a GTX with a 426 Hemi and dual 4-barrel carbs...you felt like you were in a rocket sled when it took off.

I've said in another thread that this is the first time Nissan has released a new generation that is evolved from a predecessor. I think this is why a lot of people (myself included) don't like it. They took the 350Z and made it smaller and the design suffers because of it. The front and rear lights are another matter entirely...they just don't belong. People saying they look fine smacks of denial in my opinion.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:45 PM
evse82

Originally Posted by Frostydc4
How old is the article?

I hope it stays the same price, considering in Australia we pay 75k AUD drive away for the track, with current exchange rates, thats like 110k USD lol I'd have to sell my body if it were more expensive
Old 10-29-2008, 01:56 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zsport1
New Z looks great! Much more aggressive than the 350Z.
Might be more agreesive, but it isn't pretty.

Headlights and tails are ugly. Grill is ugly. Interior is a + no doubt and tail is kinda funky.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Busted*Shox

I still dont know about it I think its going to take some getting use to
Old 10-29-2008, 02:03 PM
SnakeBitten

I like it still but some of the angles just look straight goofy and ill porportioned you have to admit....I still dont understand the skinny tire choices at 225/245...They had the 350z with 245/265 in 07-08 so why go backwards....I hope at least the track model gets appropriately sized rubber especially with the size of those rear fender flares....245 width tires are going to look azz back there...

This pic makes it look kinda stupid to me....Love the german pic better as was mentioned....Im hoping its lens distortion but the front looks higher instead of having a rake or sloping downward in front. If I get one first mods will have to be cosmetic. rims and drop first. I think thats all it will probably need intially then people will see its potential..There is a gorgeous car hidding in there

Last edited by SnakeBitten; 10-29-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Ataru074

I like it.... BUT WTF!!!! finally OIL TEMP!!! but.. we lost OIL PRESS...
I don't know why is so damn hard to understand... it would be a sport compact.. ok. put the damn needed gauges. REAL water temp, oil temp, oil pressure... shouldn't be so damn hard.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PICS FINALLY OUT!!!!