Notices
370Z Exterior & Interior 370Z body kits, exterior modification, interior styling and lighting

body kits

Old 08-18-2009, 06:57 AM
brookdavis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default body kits

Hi there...I'm considering some body kit mods on my car....and I saw this on Ebay..
A body kit is an assortment of car modifications comprising front and rear bumpers, fenders, side skirts, spoilers. Many manufacturers produce these car parts and accessories so that customers can customize the look of their vehicles. These body kits provide enhanced aerodynamics and also add a touch of aesthetic value to the vehicle. These kits are usually designed to be used as one set, however, many customers mix and match parts from different kits. Body kits are generally designed for various types of automobiles and are made of either fiberglass or polyurethane. The use of polyurethane body kits is preferred by most people as they are highly durable and resistant to damage; they also remain intact even in cold weather. Kits are also manufactured from carbon fiber, which is durable and lightweight. The cost of these body kits is very high, hence, they aren't a very popular option. The boom in the body kit industry during the nineties has forced many automobile companies to build their own custom body kits. Many companies such as General Motors and Irmscher have divisions that specialize in manufacturing body kits. The are a number of aftermarket body kit manufactures such as Irmscher, Lester, MS Design, Reiger, RGM, Steinmetz, Bomex, Onderground-design, Accolade, and Veilside.
Do you think Ebay would be a reliable source for purchasing a body kit? ANy input would be appreciated!! xx
Old 08-18-2009, 08:06 AM
Subdermal

Originally Posted by brookdavis
ANy input would be appreciated!!
ur about to get ur @$$ handed to you...how's that for input

Use the search engine it will keep u from getting flamed...

Last edited by Subdermal; 08-18-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:35 AM
VeilSideBrian

Often times, Ebay is known to sell counterfit body kits with auction titles that might not clearly explain this.
You can get great parts on Ebay and you can get total crap.

I'm sorry that so far, you haven't got much help from other posters here. It's easy to be a jerk, but totally useless.

Enjoy the car hobby and buy the kit that makes you happy.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Subdermal

Sarcasm is unappreciated I know but it's true. Sorry to be a jerk and welcome to the site
Old 08-18-2009, 09:56 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You can find good and bad stuff on eBay. Buyer beware.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:14 AM
haeshik

^+1 but i would stay away from ebay
Old 08-18-2009, 10:17 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Davidv always lending a helping hand
Old 08-18-2009, 10:45 AM
kyx4n

Why not just get some of the kits from vendors here?

edit: didnt see it was for 370zs but i guess soon enough more and more people will carry 370 bodykits
Old 08-18-2009, 12:03 PM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I don't think I read anything about the type of car you have. If it is a Z, I would say there are lots of reliable venders here and I would prefer them to Ebay. Better yet you can buy authentic from Nissan if you are willing to pay more for urethane and "almost" guaranteed fitment. I bought my kit authentic because I was new to the bodykit scene and wanted detailed instructions on installation. I am glad I did because I love it. And I see you are in Minnesota.
Check out the Minnesota chat thread on this forum and get to know other Z owners and upcoming events. Good luck