Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Cobb AP ontop of old reflash?

Old 12-31-2008, 05:19 PM
XIceDragonX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobb AP ontop of old reflash?

I was looking into getting a cobb accesport, but when I was doing my car's mods almost 2 years ago now, it was not out, only whispers in the wind. I since chose to go with the AAM reflash. I was wondering if the AP though would still work if i hooked it up, would it be able to flash over the first flash? Has anyone else done this with something such as the technosquare reflash?

Also, my car has intake, plenum spacer, headers, test pipes, under drive pulleys and an exhaust, but I may add cams soon. Will the AP be able to easily handle having a set of cams put in, or will this require me to take it to a tuner after the cams go in? I want the cams for a bit more power without going turbo, and not too crazy of cams, probably just nismo r tunes or gtm stage 1's. I don't really care about getting the maximum power output possible, but some more pretty reliably.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:57 PM
jeremybudd

I had the Techo flash before I got the Cobb AccessPort and they did a baseline run and I was way lean with the TS flash. They put the AccessPort in and did a Pro tune and I was back to a much better A/F ratio.

So to answer your question yes you can put the AccessPort over the TechnoSquare but the best thing to do would be get the cams in and do a Pro tune on your AccessPort with an authorized dealer.

I have the same mods as you besides the underdrive pulleys. Stock cams.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:51 PM
XIceDragonX

Maybe my best bet would be a UTEC? That way I can utilize the tune I already have and if I do cams, I can just re tune it?
Old 01-01-2009, 04:37 PM
jeremybudd

yeah Utec would be the best you can tune it yourself pretty easy. I have a Utec with map selector I will sell you if you are interested. I can't use it here in Utah because it throws a P1444 code. If you look around on the forums this code comes up when you install a Utec at higher altitude only. I am at about 4500ft about sea level. Nothing wrong with the Utec unit itself.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:30 PM
One_Quick_Z

I tried the AP and when they plugged into my ECU the Handheld did not read my Map the Software was not up to date. So then they called Cobb and they said send a copy of My ecu and we will make a custom update and get it to work then two weeks went by and we tried it again and it still didnt work. Long story short Twan At GRD reamed them Because they waisted his time and mine and they still havent updated the software . Just becareful if you get it, it might not read your Ecu Map.

DAN
Old 01-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Ts350z03

does the cobb access port delete the speed limiter? and do all the good things that the technosquare program does
Old 01-01-2009, 06:24 PM
jeremybudd

I believe the Cobb AP does remove the speed limiter. Depending on what map you put on it you can raise the rev limiter as well by 500rpm. I am sure if you get a Pro tune they can put the rev limiter to whatever you want.

I was in on the beta test of the AP so I would just drop the car off and come back and they would have a map on it. I have never had trouble switching between different maps with my AP.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:16 PM
XIceDragonX

whats this about an error code at high altitude? I am in PA near philly, I dont think it is high altitude, but there are mountains all around me and I do travel them a bit. Were you able to use the UTEC you had even though it through that light? Is there a software update or firmware update that gets rid of that code? Because I hate HATE having to undo mod's for emissions... it's why my test pipes have resonators.... I mean "high flow cats" on them haha. And the after O2 sensors go through cel eliminators because they "Move the sensor closer to the car so I don't rip them off if I ground out" hahaha.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:08 AM
jeremybudd

The utec still worked fine when the check engine light was on. It only happens in high altitude places because people who live in Denver had the problem and when they drove to California or Vegas the light would go away. I uninstalled the utec and the code went away. I bet you won't have an issue because I have only heard about it here in Utah and Colorado. The only reason I took it out was because of the emmisions thing like you are talking about. I didn't want to take that out just to get it to pass emissions. There is no update to clear this problem, we have talked to TurboXs and they don't have a solution last I heard.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:28 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by One_Quick_Z
I tried the AP and when they plugged into my ECU the Handheld did not read my Map the Software was not up to date. So then they called Cobb and they said send a copy of My ecu and we will make a custom update and get it to work then two weeks went by and we tried it again and it still didnt work. Long story short Twan At GRD reamed them Because they waisted his time and mine and they still havent updated the software . Just becareful if you get it, it might not read your Ecu Map.

DAN

GRD should be able to get you going with our software.