Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Yaw Rate Sensor ?

Old 07-13-2009, 06:53 PM
03redlinetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yaw Rate Sensor ?

I've been having issues with my brakes and Nissan determined it to be my yaw sensor going bad after a diagnostic check. The stealership quoted me $700 to replace the sensor. I was wandering if I could just swap one out of another Z. I found a Z and its an 03 auto Enthusiast I believe and I have an 03 6mt Track. I could really use some help with this. I need to get it fixed because I hate almost losing control everyday when braking. Luckily it hasn't rained lately. Also, could someone do a quick how-to to replace it? I'm sure its easy. I just don't quite know where its located. I've never tore apart my dash yet, so I'm excited about that. Anyways, thanks.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:39 PM
piyushh

If you are losing control every time you brake, STOP driving it until you get it fixed or pray to god you don't get in a wreck (which wont help) so get it fixed.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Crom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The yaw sensor is located underneath the center partition behind the handbrake... If you do replace it... ( not sure if you can ) make sure its the same year and model.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:00 AM
03redlinetrack

Originally Posted by piyushh
If you are losing control every time you brake, STOP driving it until you get it fixed or pray to god you don't get in a wreck (which wont help) so get it fixed.
Sorry, I was being a bit melodramatic. The rear end just fishtails slightly when I brake harder than usual. It only last a few times and then the abs/brake/vdc/slip lights all come on and it doesn't happen again (I'm assuming the vdc is 100% off when that happens ). I've been having a hard time finding information on the yaw sensor and its compatibility with other Z33 models and was hoping someone could help me out if I sounded real urgent.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:53 AM
Ivan Trevizo

Originally Posted by Crom
The yaw sensor is located underneath the center partition behind the handbrake... If you do replace it... ( not sure if you can ) make sure its the same year and model.
Can you help me locate it? What’s your number?