Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New 2010 Black on Black Fully Loaded Sports + Touring + Nav 370Z

Old 04-05-2010, 08:08 PM
scruffydog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2010 Black on Black Fully Loaded Sports + Touring + Nav 370Z

I just picked up my 2010 Black on Black Fully Loaded Sports + Touring + Nav 370Z. It's my first Nissan and I am very impressed with the car. I'm loving every bit of it. I've waited the whole month for this. Too bad today when I picked up the car it rained. =( Other than that. I look forward to meet you all.

~Kevin

Update:
thanks guys for the replies. My deal was pretty crazy...originally i went with Robert's VPP discount for a bargain (multiple dealerships), but as we all know it's pretty much impossible to use that on a car that's not within any dealer's lot. So I actually had to have the dealer to order this car. And because the VPP deal ended March 31st, I knew I wasn't going to make it since I put in the order in the middle of March.

Anyways, this is the crazy part, the original sales guy (let's call him "A") was going to honor me the VPP price even though he knows this car is not going to arrive until middle of April. How? I dunno, but I was like, alrite, let's sign a piece of paper that says you're gonna honor it - that was in March.

Then last week or so, I emailed "A" and no response after 3 emails for an ETA. So I called the dealership to find out this guy no longer works for Nissan anymore. Turns out, "A" and "A"'s manager both no longer works for it anymore. I think they both got fired for handing out deals they weren't suppose to. On the phone, I specifically told "A" that what about if the car comes in later than the VPP deal, then you guys won't be able to offer me the deal. "A" then said, don't worry about what we need to do, we just need to hit the numbers, we can create another VPP # through somewhere else to make back our lost or whatever"

So yesterday, at the dealership a new guy "B" is now taken over the purchase, told me the car actually arrived on March 31st. WTF? But because he was so disconnected with the process and he had no access to "A"'s email, he didn't call me until April 1st that the car came in. WHICH MEANS, I COULD HAVE ACTUALLY APPLIED THE VPP TO MY PURCHASE!!! In the end, after many apologizes on not being able to uphold their end of the deal, the best they could do for me was to take a $500 lost (or shall I say $500 under invoice) instead of $1600 under invoice because of all these empty promises "A" and his "A's" manager made.

BTW, I know the normal ordering process usually takes around 3-4 months easily. The only reason I was able to do it in less than a month is because "A" did a search on Nissan's ordering database and found one that was in the pipeline that was going to another dealership. I think in return, they negotiated some exchange with the other dealership for getting this car transferred to their inventory. They said they could change the minor stuff on the car to match my needs (colors,etc) but the car came with the Nismo Brake Pads (which I didn't wanna pay for). Regardless, I still went forward with this config because I wanted this car to come asap so I could close this deal before "A" backs out on his words (which happened anyways).

Even after such an unfortunate event, I still got a good deal knowing that the dealership took a lost for me when they could easily sold this car for more to somebody else. But they had a reputation they also have to uphold. I'm still shocked 2 guys got fired within the ordering process.

Pictures:

2010 NAV was worth waiting for....

talking about 8 mile....

Lexus IS X-Package Fully Loaded vs. Nissan 370z Sports + Touring Fully Loaded

Side by Side with my other Baby...

X Package Rims vs. 370z Sports Rims

My front lower chin scraps if I park it forward....sigh...I guess I'll have to back up everytime I park in my garage

I'd like to thank my fiancee for such a beautiful early birthday present. If you're wondering, the Lexus will now be my Fiancee's ride....we have matching rides
Old 04-05-2010, 08:24 PM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice.....my girlfriend just got a blue 370z.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:14 PM
SatchScream

Awesome ride, enjoy it!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:45 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The new Z is beautiful. You bought it right off the truck, so they kept the entire holdback which is 2% of total invoice. How much was invoice with all those options? Take 98% of that, and that's the max that they actually paid. I bet the still made an easy $7-800. Did they finance the deal or did you have your own lending? They can make money there, too.

EDIT - just saw the plate frame - DUBLIN Nissan! What a bunch of friggin' jokers there. I had a horrible experience there on an 07 black convertible as well. They had the car out for sale and it was completely trashed - never detailed, personal information from the previous owner still in it - it was embarrassing. My sales guy was Kirk Taylor, and the manager that emailed and apologized to me was Dave Brown and Chris Ramey. I talked to one of the managers while I was there, and told them they lost a sale because of the waste of my time.

Last edited by scotts300; 04-05-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:51 PM
scruffydog

Originally Posted by scotts300
The new Z is beautiful. You bought it right off the truck, so they kept the entire holdback which is 2% of total invoice. How much was invoice with all those options? Take 98% of that, and that's the max that they actually paid. I bet the still made an easy $7-800. Did they finance the deal or did you have your own lending? They can make money there, too.
The invoice for this car was $37K something after they took $500 off. I put $27K down and finance the rest, but I didn't go through them.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:09 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by scruffydog
The invoice for this car was $37K something after they took $500 off. I put $27K down and finance the rest, but I didn't go through them.
Invoice was $37k? I didn't think they could get that expensive, that would be a sticker of over $40k.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:12 PM
scruffydog

Invoice was $37k? I didn't think they could get that expensive, that would be a sticker of over $40k.
Yea, the sticker price for a fully loaded 2010 370z is over $41K. Kinda crazy for a Nissan brand car. Saddest thing is from the outside it's no different looking than a base model with Sports pkg, also I could have gotten a fully loaded G37S brand new for less back in 2009, but I passed on the deal because I liked the 370Z much more.

Last edited by scruffydog; 04-05-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:30 AM
F34RL355
Banned

i dunno i dont like the lights or the fish mouth. congratz though
Old 04-06-2010, 05:45 AM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats! Just like mine except for the color and the year since mine is an 09. The color on mine is Platinum Graphite. I really like the music hard drive feature on the Nav.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:18 AM
saqib55

outta curiosity. How does it compare to the is350? especially in the handling and power departments. Im not too concerned with the extra luxuries the Lexus may have. Thanks buddy and congrats on the purchase!
Old 04-06-2010, 07:25 AM
scruffydog

Originally Posted by F34RL355
i dunno i dont like the lights or the fish mouth. congratz though
I agree with you, I don't like the fish mouth nor the back hole where the fog light's located either, that's why I intend on changing it to the Nismo body kit later when I save up more money.

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2010, 07:36 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Congratulations. Beautiful car.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:41 AM
boosted99gst

Has anyone been ballsy enough to take apart and black out the headlights on a black 370?
Old 04-06-2010, 08:03 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Yea, the sticker price for a fully loaded 2010 370z is over $41K. Kinda crazy for a Nissan brand car. Saddest thing is from the outside it's no different looking than a base model with Sports pkg, also I could have gotten a fully loaded G37S brand new for less back in 2009, but I passed on the deal because I liked the 370Z much more.
So you got it for $500 under invoice, which means they still made $300 assuming they didn't have any other unpublished incentives (which they likely did). $1600 under invoice would have been a lot better - you should have asked for free gas for a year (I did that at Stevens Creek Nissan in 2002).

I had another dealership trying to move a "new" 2009 350ZR at the end of March. Sticker was $43k, and they went "all the way down" to $36k. I had to remind them that a NEW 370ZR with the incentives was less than that and was two years newer. Leave it to Nissan to price out their older models with a cheaper, newer, model (same thing they did from the 300ZX to the 350Z).
Old 04-06-2010, 08:12 AM
scruffydog

So you got it for $500 under invoice, which means they still made $300 assuming they didn't have any other unpublished incentives (which they likely did). $1600 under invoice would have been a lot better - you should have asked for free gas for a year (I did that at Stevens Creek Nissan in 2002).

I had another dealership trying to move a "new" 2009 350ZR at the end of March. Sticker was $43k, and they went "all the way down" to $36k. I had to remind them that a NEW 370ZR with the incentives was less than that and was two years newer. Leave it to Nissan to price out their older models with a cheaper, newer, model (same thing they did from the 300ZX to the 350Z).
Yea..i know...talking about it now upsets me because there's nothing I can do now. I already bought the car...technically I had a written contract from the first sales which signed for that price regardless on how the dealer makes back that profit. I think it's too late now for me to even ask for anything.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:14 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Yea..i know...talking about it now upsets me because there's nothing I can do now. I already bought the car...technically I had a written contract from the first sales which signed for that price regardless on how the dealer makes back that profit. I think it's too late now for me to even ask for anything.
Ya never know - email Dave Brown, the GM, and explain the situation. Remind him that a happy customer tells up to 2 people, an unhappy customer tells 12 or more: dave@dublinnissan.com Copy the GSM, Ron Khanna: ronkhanna@dublinnissan.com and the SM Chris Zlastnameistoolong: chrisz@dublinnissan.com
Old 04-06-2010, 12:39 PM
scruffydog

Ya never know - email Dave Brown, the GM, and explain the situation. Remind him that a happy customer tells up to 2 people, an unhappy customer tells 12 or more: dave@dublinnissan.com Copy the GSM, Ron Khanna: ronkhanna@dublinnissan.com and the SM Chris Zlastnameistoolong: chrisz@dublinnissan.com
I never talked to Dave, the new salesman that took over's name was Kirk, he was a really nice guy that just got caught in the middle of this mess. I know for awhile Kirk went back and forth through his manger in which the end told me his manager said the best he could do is $500 off invoice. Even though countless times, I was re-assured more than 20 times total that I don't have to worry about the price since they were gonna honor whatever was state at the beginning. This was told by both the first salesman and Kirk who took over. You think Dave is Kirk's manager and already knows this situation? If he is the guy, then he obviously already knew the possibility of the outcome of shorting me. I really wanna take your advice and go back and do something about it. Because I feel gyped. I have a signed agreement of a price they were suppose to sell it to me. Which is $1000 less. But I just thought because it was signed and approved by 2 representative that were fired or whatever reason they don't work there no more so my contract is no good. I just thought worst case they could just give me back the deposit check and no damage would be done to either party for a lawsuit. =/ After all, I can't put a gun to any one's head to sell them their car, right?
Old 04-06-2010, 02:12 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice. Welcome to the Nissan and 370 family.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:53 PM
BeeAyche

Noice!!! and VPP can be a pain at times, a friend of mine used it to purchase her Altima and Sentra neither of which had the discount applied to it.. Stealerships ftl
Old 04-07-2010, 12:02 PM
duro78

salesman and managers are the worse revolving doors in the car biz no job security whats so ever. I promise you kirk probably wont be there much longer either

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 2010 Black on Black Fully Loaded Sports + Touring + Nav 370Z