Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

Bee-r rev limiter

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 07:36 AM
scrantonz33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bee-r rev limiter

Has enyone installed the bee-r on their vq? If so can you help me out?
Old 02-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Never heard of it so I googled it, you mean this thing?

http://www.importperformanceshop.com...evlimiter.html

Dont lie, you really want that yellow ****....

Yellow **** (Gain): This **** will increase or decrease the impact of the flame/sound from the exhaust. With the setting as zero the item will be turned off and will increase as the **** dial is set. This is a great unit to stand out at the weekend meets, drag strip, drift competitions or car shows!!
In all seriousness, what do you want this for?
Old 02-09-2011, 08:09 AM
mw9

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is this why?
Attached Thumbnails Bee-r rev limiter-178467.jpg  
Old 02-09-2011, 08:33 AM
scrantonz33

For drifting i tend to bounce off rev limiter It is cool though how it pops and shots flames. ive seen alot of guys using this on the strip and they say it has improved their times from launch.

Last edited by scrantonz33; 02-09-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Are you NA or FI? What do you run now and with what done?

Launch control is worthless in many apps IMO. I dont even have a need for it yet.

People just like to look cool, and try to show off in parking lots, that $hit got old 5 years ago. I love seeing an Evo @ the track at the line. brap brap brap brap, then they BOG, and they run 13's lol.

How will this help with shifting if it isnt a WOT box?
Old 02-09-2011, 08:51 AM
scrantonz33

yeah i have been lookin at many different limiters and i mixed up the bee-r with another that is a WOT box, sorry my mistake it doesnt help shifting, but definitly with drifting so i dont bounce off all the time an fry my engine. im running an N/A with 75 shot and all bolt ons, saving right now for F/I. i dont drag often but i do drift quite a bit.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Unless I read it wrong it seems this wont increase your engines rev limiter, only allow you to set a Neutral limiter for dragging or showing off.

IIRC, this wouldnt over ride the ECU anyway which is what controls our rev limiters. I believe only the 03' Z can be adjusted up quickly by the consult tool at a Nissan dealer. Although now Osiris is the craze but I dont read up on it as Im now FI.

Nitrous + drifing = fail

Increased redline + N20's power = fail

I can understand wanting a higher redline for drifting though. But keep in mind the limiter is there for a reason, you wont fry the motor NA bouncing off of it, Id take my chaces with that as opposed to increasing the redline and still hitting limiter.

Overall, Id spend $$$ elsewhere this seems like a gadget aimed at young kids who think its cool to have launch control when they dont have the need for it. Save $300 and hold your right foot steady off the line.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:11 AM
scrantonz33

makes sense but i already have the bee-r my freind just gave it to me, he crashed his s13 and just gave all his parts away, ive got an sr20det sitting in my garage right now fo free.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:12 AM
scrantonz33

oh yeah i rarely juice and never during drifting, again it was another hook up that i couldnt pass up, still havent even gone through one bottle. i want the limiter to be just under oem red line. i dont care to raise it, that would put to much stress on the engine, i just want my engine to last.

Last edited by scrantonz33; 02-09-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Limiter just under the stock one wont add reliability.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:36 AM
AngelsVQ

Originally Posted by scrantonz33
oh yeah i rarely juice and never during drifting, again it was another hook up that i couldnt pass up, still havent even gone through one bottle. i want the limiter to be just under oem red line. i dont care to raise it, that would put to much stress on the engine, i just want my engine to last.

+1 on not adding reliability. the oem red line is perfectly safe. lowering your red line seems like it would hinder your drifting. i dont know about you but when i drift i make good use of the upper rpms.

dont lie you just want this to show off. stop trying to justify it with "reliability"
Old 02-09-2011, 10:02 AM
theianmcdougall

if your boucing of rev limiter so much while drifting, SHIFT!!

3rd gear ranges from about 45-70mph drift's, use 3rd, its fun

and i agree with alberto, nitrous is worthless in drifting
Old 02-09-2011, 10:21 AM
scrantonz33

ill do more research on the stock rev limiter, but regardless i started the thread to see if anyone has knowledge of the install, like i said i already have the bee-r so i just want to hook it up. i do appreciate your input and i will take it into consideration. again i dont use nos for drifting. the track i go to is adams raceway in riverside cali most the track is 2nd gear. very small track but they run events every thursday so its all i have.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:27 AM
scrantonz33

So i researched the stock rev limiter and what happens is when it hits max revs it cuts fuel in turn leaning out your vehicle which WILL cause damge over time. so for you know it alls you might want to know what your talking about before you bash someone. again all i asked was if someone knew how to install it, but again thanks i found the answer to that also.

This is Bee*R’s popular two-stage ignition cutting rev-limiter. It is used to prevent damage arising from over-revving your engine.

The way in which it works differs from the factory rev limiter in that it is an ignition cut, as opposed to a fuel cut. The reason for this is because if an engine (particularly turbocharged) regularly hits a fuel-cut rev limit (such as in high performance driving, or particularly drifting) engine damage can arise due to the lean condition produced when the original ECU shuts off the fuel pump. The BEE*R rev-limiter allows fuel to pass into the engine still, limiting engine speed by disabling the ignition signal. The Bee*R rev limiter is fully adjustable in 500rpm increments, for safety reasons allowing only a lower rev-limit to be configured than standard. If you have spent a lot of money tuning your engine, or are running at high RPM’s for extended periods of time, it could be recommended to run a lower rev-limit to prolong engine life. Both Formula 1 and JGTC cars use ignition cutting rev limiters, so it is a fully race proven concept.

The Bee*R can also be used as a “two stage rev limiter”, as an aid for launching your car. The Bee*R is configurable for two different rev-limits. A lower rev limit can be activated by a switch, the handbrake switch often being used. This configurable lower limit, can be set to the optimum RPM to launch your particular car from in 500rpm increments. When the handbrake is released, the usual rev limit comes into action, allowing quick launches, and full performance down the strip.

The Bee*R rev-limiter has another final neat feature. The gain control **** allows you to adjust the frequency of the ignition cut.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

If your motor has little fuel, air and spark it would be lean.

The factory uses a fuel CUT, so no fuel + air + ignition = nothing

The only time a fuel cut can hurt you is if you spray into it.

NA, a fuel cut will not hurt your motor.

Many standalones use an ignition cut which IMO is slightly softer, so the fuel dumps thru still and when you hit the limiter w/no cats = flames, which is why you want it
Old 02-10-2011, 11:25 AM
AngelsVQ

So i researched the stock rev limiter and what happens is when it hits max revs it cuts fuel in turn leaning out your vehicle which WILL cause damge over time. so for you know it alls you might want to know what your talking about before you bash someone. again all i asked was if someone knew how to install it, but again thanks i found the answer to that also.

This is Bee*R’s popular two-stage ignition cutting rev-limiter. It is used to prevent damage arising from over-revving your engine.

The way in which it works differs from the factory rev limiter in that it is an ignition cut, as opposed to a fuel cut. The reason for this is because if an engine (particularly turbocharged) regularly hits a fuel-cut rev limit (such as in high performance driving, or particularly drifting) engine damage can arise due to the lean condition produced when the original ECU shuts off the fuel pump. The BEE*R rev-limiter allows fuel to pass into the engine still, limiting engine speed by disabling the ignition signal. The Bee*R rev limiter is fully adjustable in 500rpm increments, for safety reasons allowing only a lower rev-limit to be configured than standard. If you have spent a lot of money tuning your engine, or are running at high RPM’s for extended periods of time, it could be recommended to run a lower rev-limit to prolong engine life. Both Formula 1 and JGTC cars use ignition cutting rev limiters, so it is a fully race proven concept.

The Bee*R can also be used as a “two stage rev limiter”, as an aid for launching your car. The Bee*R is configurable for two different rev-limits. A lower rev limit can be activated by a switch, the handbrake switch often being used. This configurable lower limit, can be set to the optimum RPM to launch your particular car from in 500rpm increments. When the handbrake is released, the usual rev limit comes into action, allowing quick launches, and full performance down the strip.

The Bee*R rev-limiter has another final neat feature. The gain control **** allows you to adjust the frequency of the ignition cut.

you sound like an advertiser
Old 02-10-2011, 01:14 PM
scrantonz33

just pulled it of their site, people obviously dont know what this item does, nor do they know that hitting oem rev limiter is mucho bad for any car. If you guys are so sure the stock rev limiter is good to bounce off then show me a link or something thats says it. not a quote from someone else.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Are you always so gullible when it comes to advertising?

The burden of proof is on YOU to PROVE that what those idiots market and you believe is true, not us.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:15 PM
AngelsVQ

just pulled it of their site, people obviously dont know what this item does, nor do they know that hitting oem rev limiter is mucho bad for any car. If you guys are so sure the stock rev limiter is good to bounce off then show me a link or something thats says it. not a quote from someone else.

... That's what I was getting at. No one is saying it's a good things to hit the rev limiter nor is anyone hitting it all day every day. But it's fine to hit while ur doing it occasionally under "spirited driving". I think we all are getting at the same thing. Don't install it. Worthless for "engine safety". Just sell it to someone else. However, if you are Wanting it just for the showing off end of it. Go for it. No one here is trying to offend you and it seems like you are taking it as that.

FYI. Have u seen those chips on eBay that prommiss +50 hp etc... U don't see everyone believing that do u. Just cuz it's outside of eBay docent mean it's not the same technique.

I'm drunk. Il check back tomoro lolz
Old 02-10-2011, 05:48 PM
scrantonz33

Not getting offended just alot of people are knocking this product but dont really know what it is. im not trying to be a pro drifter or anything but nearly every d1gp driver uses it. i have done the studies on it and all i was asking is if anyone knows how to install it. but apperantly its a lost cuase. i found the install in english very simple. thanks though for everyones opinions. no hard feelings.

Quick Reply: Bee-r rev limiter