Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Dynojet SAE vs Uncorrected Issues?

Old 03-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Fixxxercask

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dynojet SAE vs Uncorrected Issues?

I had my car dynoed yesterday and for some reason this particular shop does not do SAE corrected. They do uncorrected instead. I asked him to do it SAE because that is the number that I need. Anyway... he gave me the data files and said I can just download the WinPEP program and pull them up on there. He said as long as the I have the data I can go in and change it to SAE corrected. Well I did that and there is no way this is accurate. I put down 260whp uncorrected which is right about where I should be with my mods (plenum spacer, HFC's and exhaust on DE motor). Since it was uncorrected I will say that it was raining outside so the barometric pressure was up and the humidity. It was about 55 degrees or so in the shop, maybe 60. I know the SAE corrected factors in weather conditions and elevation so that it should be roughly the same output in different places.

I pulled up my files on WinPEP and chose SAE and it changed my peak whp to 335. Yea....what is wrong with this thing? Are there settings that would have needed to be changed on that dyno to read that properly? Since this shop never does SAE I am assuming that they do not do this. I looked in WinPEP program and found nothing except there is an option under the tools menu called makerun options and there are some things in there that can be calibrated, but I have to be hooked up to the dyno.

Can someone that knows how to operate one of these dynos chime in and shed some light on this for me? I think my 260whp is accurate, but it is uncorrected. How much fluctuation will there be from that to SAE?

Thanks

Last edited by Fixxxercask; 03-05-2011 at 11:29 AM.