Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

captwholesale .com a mistake

Old 04-18-2012, 02:53 PM
hulkout

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default captwholesale .com a mistake

I usually stick with forum sponsorswhen buying parts, but decided to buy part from www.captwholesale.com because it was about 30 bucks cheaper. I ordered the part on 4/4/12 and waited 10days and never gota tracking number or anything. I emailed and no response for 48 hrs. I tried calling and there was no answer, no hold. Just a answering machine. Ileft a message andalmost immediately got a response in form of a "order status update" said the part was out of stock and would ship out the next day. When it didnt I called again and said that if I didnt recieve atracking number today by 5pm mountain I would have to file it as fraudelent on paypal. I had to leave a message of course because there was no answer. I also sent an email saying the same thing because I jave no idea how tocontact these people. Igotan update from paypalsaying it was shipped. I tracked it and they shipped using groundshipping. Thats not a big deal bit an upgrade would have been a nice apology, thats all im saying.

In my frustration, I sent an email back saying that I didnt appreciatethe poor cuatomer service, lack of communication, or the slow shipping to top it off. I said ill never do business with them again and il stop everyone I know from buying from them. I also said thati pray he sent me a product instead of a box of packing peanuts and dirty socks. Or even worse the incorrect product cuz god knows I could never get an exchange.

In some stroke of magical miracle work, I recieved AN ACTUAL REPLY! it said:

? You must be a girl.

E*** F*****-mgr
****@1xracing.com
866 6** 7***

Wow. The only coorespondance from him was a sexist comment. What a true professional. It was kind of the last straw. I decided to post this up to provide information to fellow forum members, and in hopes that if someone googles captwholesale or captwholesale.com review or scam or somethin this will come up. Since I jace a tracking # ill assume its not a total scam, butthis kind of bs is enough to earntheseguys some bad on their rep.

Lesson learned. Stick with our forum sponsors. Theyre all awesome and helpful and provide great customer service.

I just wanted to let everyone know my bad experience so that they can steer clear of this company and its DB manager.

Please proceed to scold me for not buying from a sponsor

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 04-18-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

The name says it all... captwholesale?
Old 04-18-2012, 02:57 PM
hulkout

Ps sorry for my spelling/spacing errors. I did this on my phone and had a hard time editing. Just couldn't wait to get home to type this. Had to get ot outta my system.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:59 PM
hulkout

Flo, I know... I should've known. If you're not sure how to even say name you shouldn't buy from them
Old 04-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Josh|Swag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lesson learned, can't fault you on that one. Sucks you had to go through such an ordeal, good luck.
Thanks for the knowledge.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:56 PM
ModBargains
Vendor - Former Vendor

sorry to hear that! make sure you do some research on the company before you place any online order
Old 04-18-2012, 04:06 PM
jv350z

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

did you reply to him?

Looks like a real pr1ck (pics on Facebook). Also if I'm reading this correctly, he's a ****************************. Seems like a real people-person . He must love his job.

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 04-18-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:24 PM
hulkout

Modbargains, thanks for the advice. U are definately correct.

Jv, hahaha. I had to go look on his fb. You're correct about him lookin like an unsavory character. Older than I expected. His posts come across pompass to me as well.

Looks like 1xracing is something hes involved in too so ill make sure to steer clear of that.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:22 PM
robertgtz

Default funny MTF.

call you credit car and cancel the payment.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:36 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's take it easy on the personal information in a public thread...

Personal information cleaned up.

Carry on.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Unfortunately that was a mistake on your part. I won't even order from some sponsors on here, only a select few shops that I know can get the parts. With the economy the way it is, it's hard to trust every shop.

Another defense is that I only use my AMEX card when purchasing parts. Those guys will cancel a payment no matter what.

What part were you looking for if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited by Ruthless18x; 04-18-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:37 PM
hulkout

Robert-its on the way, so it should be ok. Plus I used paypal so im thinkin it should be ok.

Sparkle- sorry. Ill keep that in mind in the future. Thanks for the correction.

Ruthless- Its the deatschwerks 301 fuel pump. Again, I used paypal, so at least they shouldnt have acess to my card number. I guess I just gotta be more careful. I shoulda fotten it from a recognized shop. Stupid stupid stupid ....
Old 04-18-2012, 11:45 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
Unfortunately that was a mistake on your part. I won't even order from some sponsors on here, only a select few shops that I know can get the parts.
This, i will also gladly pay extra for awsome service and people who know their product. When i call www.THMotorsports.com or www.Nissanraceshop.com i don't even question price, i just order. I know either one of them will get me the proper part, as soon as it is available.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:59 PM
MaelstrØm

Well, here we go again. This must be repeated because it keeps happening:
What do scam Z vendors have in common?

I would have to file it as fraudelent on paypal.

Yep, they don't take VISA or Mastercard. If they don't take a major credit card, then don't do business with them. That way you just dispute the charge with VISA and you're no worse for wear.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:11 PM
wwilde001

If you find someone cheaper than anyone else, there is usually a reason for that. 1Xracing and Captainwholesale are storefronts for someone (one person) who probably collects the orders once a week, and then submits the order to the distributors. They most likely don't carry any stock and drop ship everything. If you understood why they were cheaper, you would have understood it would take longer. In manufacturing (can be applied in most cases) you have three variables...cost, delivery time, and quality. If you want cheap and good quality, the delivery time will suffer. If you want good quality with a short delivery time, your cost will be high. If you want cheap cost and a short delivery time, the quality will suffer. IMO you get what you pay for.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:09 AM
David Colburn

Default CAPTWHOLESALE is a bunch of Jokers

MY www.captwholesale.com story...

I bought a set of Gold BBS rims from a WRX STI (10 spoke), which I have wanted since the day they came out. I bought them cheap because of a significant amount of damage. I am currently disabled so my older brother has been grinding, washing, sanding, wet sanding and finally priming these rims. So, here they sit, wrapped in newspaper out in the sun waiting for the color matched gold paint made by grimmspeed - which I ordered last Friday ( 5 days ago) from www.captwholsale.com. (hereon referred to as captblahblahblah.)
They had a reasonable price and shipping and a decent site that didn't shout obvious signs of un-professionalism. I have been shopping online for 18 years and have never had a problem buying things on the net, never had a horror story, never been scammed by a some fast talking thief.
So, yesterday morning (Day 5) I sent these guys at www.captblahblahblah.com an email that basically said, "Hey guys, I never got tracking info for my paint. Can you tell me the shipping info? My rims are prep'd, protected and primed. Just waiting on you guys".

At 3:45pm this guy Eric leaves a voice mail on my phone that said "Hi, this is Eric returning your call." Now, I was sitting right next to the phone, screening my calls when I heard this. I don't know any Eric, it was an 866 number and he never left the company name. How am I supposed to know who he is.... So, I pick up the phone and hit redial and a female computer voice says, "Hi, this is captblahblahblah, we are closed. Please call back or leave a voice mail ." DamnIt, I missed the call. So, I leave a voice mail - nice and simple. "Eric, missed your call. This is yadayadayada about soso. Please call me back at infoinfo."

This morning (Day 6) I wake up, first thing I do - call captblahblah.com. RING - "Hi, this is captblahblahblah, we are closed. Please call back or leave a voice mail." WTF? They are closed on a Wednesday Morning? Who did I order from? Where is My Paint? What did I do? This time I leave a very detailed message. I go about my business and login to my pc and check my email. That is when I see that a couple hours after I called in the morning, this guy Eric emailed me. I TOLD HIM TO CALL ME, but whatever, right... progress I thought until I read the email. Eric's email says," Sorry, we didn't ship your items. We need the 3 digits from your credit card. Get back to me so I can update your account." I distinctly remember putting the code in the info when I purchased the 2 cans of paint 6 DAYS AGO.

You have got to be kidding me. I have no place to put these rims, if they get wet from the rain there is no WAY my brother is going to protect them again AND this F*k8n guy doesn't call me or send an email requesting the CCV code he needs for 6 DAYS and only AFTER I SEND HIM AN
EMAIL WANTING TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON WITH MY ITEMS. If I never tried to contact them, they never would have contacted me.

Credit Card in hand I pick my phone up to call "Hi, this is captblahblahblah, we are closed. Please call back or leave a voice mail ." DAMMINT.... ARGGRGHRH.

2 minutes of me sitting tight fisted in the kitchen and the phone rings. It is an 866 number. What does Bank of America want now? WAIT --- thats ERIC!

[ME] Hello?
[ERIC] Hi, is this dave?
-Yeah, it sure is.
[ME] This is, ughh.. (starts talking to someone in his office or cubicle...) [ERIC] This is Eric from captblahblah. I need your 3 digit security code to process your order?
[ME] Eric, Before I give it to you, Can I ask why didn't someone call or email me with this requirement within the past 5 days? You have no idea how behind I am now...
[ERIC] Well, I'll just cancel your order then. How will that work for your schedule... *CLICK*

No matter how angry and frustrated with people I am I always act professional.

But, that's it. No climactic fist fight. Mild revenge can only be sought on the internet with bad reviews and a few reddit posts. Just beware that captwholesale.com is a horrible site and I ordered the paint from JSCSpeed.com. Lets hope my rims are not ruined before I get it.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

hulkout:

You must be a girl for making this thread.

In truth though, as frustrating as it is, at least you are getting your money back.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:39 PM
angelo350z

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. How is this business still f***ing open?!!?
Old 08-29-2012, 10:41 PM
mknZ

Originally Posted by David Colburn
MY www.captwholesale.com story...

I bought a set of Gold BBS rims from a WRX STI (10 spoke), which I have wanted since the day they came out. I bought them cheap because of a significant amount of damage. I am currently disabled so my older brother has been grinding, washing, sanding, wet sanding and finally priming these rims. So, here they sit, wrapped in newspaper out in the sun waiting for the color matched gold paint made by grimmspeed - which I ordered last Friday ( 5 days ago) from www.captwholsale.com. (hereon referred to as captblahblahblah.)
They had a reasonable price and shipping and a decent site that didn't shout obvious signs of un-professionalism. I have been shopping online for 18 years and have never had a problem buying things on the net, never had a horror story, never been scammed by a some fast talking thief.
So, yesterday morning (Day 5) I sent these guys at www.captblahblahblah.com an email that basically said, "Hey guys, I never got tracking info for my paint. Can you tell me the shipping info? My rims are prep'd, protected and primed. Just waiting on you guys".

At 3:45pm this guy Eric leaves a voice mail on my phone that said "Hi, this is Eric returning your call." Now, I was sitting right next to the phone, screening my calls when I heard this. I don't know any Eric, it was an 866 number and he never left the company name. How am I supposed to know who he is.... So, I pick up the phone and hit redial and a female computer voice says, "Hi, this is captblahblahblah, we are closed. Please call back or leave a voice mail ." DamnIt, I missed the call. So, I leave a voice mail - nice and simple. "Eric, missed your call. This is yadayadayada about soso. Please call me back at infoinfo."

This morning (Day 6) I wake up, first thing I do - call captblahblah.com. RING - "Hi, this is captblahblahblah, we are closed. Please call back or leave a voice mail." WTF? They are closed on a Wednesday Morning? Who did I order from? Where is My Paint? What did I do? This time I leave a very detailed message. I go about my business and login to my pc and check my email. That is when I see that a couple hours after I called in the morning, this guy Eric emailed me. I TOLD HIM TO CALL ME, but whatever, right... progress I thought until I read the email. Eric's email says," Sorry, we didn't ship your items. We need the 3 digits from your credit card. Get back to me so I can update your account." I distinctly remember putting the code in the info when I purchased the 2 cans of paint 6 DAYS AGO.

You have got to be kidding me. I have no place to put these rims, if they get wet from the rain there is no WAY my brother is going to protect them again AND this F*k8n guy doesn't call me or send an email requesting the CCV code he needs for 6 DAYS and only AFTER I SEND HIM AN
EMAIL WANTING TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON WITH MY ITEMS. If I never tried to contact them, they never would have contacted me.

Credit Card in hand I pick my phone up to call "Hi, this is captblahblahblah, we are closed. Please call back or leave a voice mail ." DAMMINT.... ARGGRGHRH.

2 minutes of me sitting tight fisted in the kitchen and the phone rings. It is an 866 number. What does Bank of America want now? WAIT --- thats ERIC!

[ME] Hello?
[ERIC] Hi, is this dave?
-Yeah, it sure is.
[ME] This is, ughh.. (starts talking to someone in his office or cubicle...) [ERIC] This is Eric from captblahblah. I need your 3 digit security code to process your order?
[ME] Eric, Before I give it to you, Can I ask why didn't someone call or email me with this requirement within the past 5 days? You have no idea how behind I am now...
[ERIC] Well, I'll just cancel your order then. How will that work for your schedule... *CLICK*

No matter how angry and frustrated with people I am I always act professional.

But, that's it. No climactic fist fight. Mild revenge can only be sought on the internet with bad reviews and a few reddit posts. Just beware that captwholesale.com is a horrible site and I ordered the paint from JSCSpeed.com. Lets hope my rims are not ruined before I get it.
Wow! Now that's just wrong. I'd be throwing some things around in my anger if that happened to me (preferably to Eric's face)