Notices
Asia Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

Vietnamese

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Z PHAT Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by duaxe_350z
I only dont like guys who are young and smart...but too lazy for school....instead...go do nails.......
Not that I care much about those guys doing nails. There are many people that graduated from college and jobless or getting pay so little. I graduated with a BS in Computer Science and now i'm a head Chef. People do what they have to do to make a living, Nail is a great way to make quick cash and they make more money than many others with a degree.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:24 PM
bamyi

^^^well said. Just because its easy to judge people doesn't mean you should.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:39 PM
bio911

i like rice...
Old 10-05-2005, 12:52 PM
bamyi

steam or fried?
Old 10-05-2005, 01:42 PM
apharmdb

Just saw this thread. Not Vietnamese but my wife is and my daughter is half of course so we have all the requesite Vietnamese food fixings around the house. San Jose is awesome for Vietnamese food. My wife and I used to drive from San Francisco to San Jose just for this small Banh Xeo joint and this great Bun Bo Hue spot. Though she always kicks the conjealed blood to me....can't get enough of it....mmmmmmmmm!
Old 10-05-2005, 02:18 PM
bamyi

Bun Bo Hue.....wow, I can have some of that right now, without the pig's feet. Yeah, SJ is a great spot. So that's what its called in English, conjealed blood! Thx. Where's all the good vietnamese restaraunt in sj?
Old 10-05-2005, 02:53 PM
apharmdb

Originally Posted by bamyi
Bun Bo Hue.....wow, I can have some of that right now, without the pig's feet. Yeah, SJ is a great spot. So that's what its called in English, conjealed blood! Thx. Where's all the good vietnamese restaraunt in sj?
Not sure if it's called conjealed blood but that's kinda what it sounded like to me when my father-in-law described it Great stuff but I can see how lots of folks will hate on it simply because of the idea.

Here's the Banh Xeo joint. It is in this asian mall with a bunch of jewlery stores and food spots.

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=...r:regT:1:fbT:0

The Bun Bo Hue place used to be on 4th street in downtown San Jose but they closed down, though I heard they just opened up somewhere else. I need to find out about this again too

This spot is in San Francisco and is one of my wife's favorites for crab. Kinda stuffy but food is good albeit not 100% traditional. This one is called Thanh Long and the sister restaurant is Crustacean which has locations in San Francisco, Beverly Hills, and now Las Vegas.

http://www.anfamily.com/Restaurants/...s/homepage.asp

Check them out if you are ever in the area.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:55 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey bamyi,

How's the Vietnamese community in Colorado?

I've never been out there or met any Viets from Colorado.

Plenty in places like: California, Vegas, Houston, Maryland and Boston.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:02 PM
bamyi

thanks for the info, I know where that's at. Right now the only Viet palce I know of in SJ is that shoping plaza on Tully Rd. and King St. I normally eat at the Nha Trang place.

We have a community here but its no where as big as CA's or Huston's. Unfortunately, I don't know alot of Viets here. I don't know why, but I don't run into other viets here that often, only at chua.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:08 PM
apharmdb

Yeah that's Lion Plaza with the Pho spot on the corner. I used to eat there lots (Pho spot) till I saw a family or roaches cruising down by me feet. OK so I've eaten at plenty of questionable places in my time Vietnamese and otherwise, but perhaps I'm just getting older now so it really turned me off. There are lots of other good cheap eats inside the mall's foodcourt however. Oh and there's also this 7 beef joint near the courtyard where all the old dudes play chess. I forget the name but they have great food.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:22 PM
bamyi

A line of roaches would get me running to. That lion's center is cool and it seems like a good place to hang out if you're into chess. There must be other viet restaraunt in SJ. Also, French/Vietnamese food is good to I heard, but i've never really seen one, expcept in Chicago. Any place like that in SJ?
Old 10-05-2005, 03:39 PM
apharmdb

There's a place in Oakland called Le Cheval but I didn't think they were that good. Very crowded though so it's a good hang out spot. Don't know of any in San Jose though.

There are tons of Vietnamese restaurants in San Jose and all over the Bay Area in general, problem is I don't really pay attention to names, just know where they are location wise.

Oakland is awesome too. There's this Banh Cuon spot my wife and I used to go to just about every other weekend. Think they were on Webster. Other decent spots include Huynh's (owner's son had this sick FD) and I've heard Mekong Garden in Piedmont is good though I've never been there. Even just wandering around downtown Oakland, you'll find tons of snack and sandwich spots which are good for a cheap meal.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:56 PM
bamyi

I guess I just need to drive around town and find places in SJ
Old 10-05-2005, 09:43 PM
zappi

Originally Posted by apharmdb
Not sure if it's called conjealed blood but that's kinda what it sounded like to me when my father-in-law described it Great stuff but I can see how lots of folks will hate on it simply because of the idea.

Here's the Banh Xeo joint. It is in this asian mall with a bunch of jewlery stores and food spots.

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=...r:regT:1:fbT:0

The Bun Bo Hue place used to be on 4th street in downtown San Jose but they closed down, though I heard they just opened up somewhere else. I need to find out about this again too

This spot is in San Francisco and is one of my wife's favorites for crab. Kinda stuffy but food is good albeit not 100% traditional. This one is called Thanh Long and the sister restaurant is Crustacean which has locations in San Francisco, Beverly Hills, and now Las Vegas.

http://www.anfamily.com/Restaurants/...s/homepage.asp

Check them out if you are ever in the area.
If I'm not mistaken that Bun Bo Hue (Ca Mau) place has moved to the corner of White Rd and Quimby Rd next to Kragen. Have you tried the 9 course fish at Asian Garden on Bascom Ave off of 280?
Old 10-05-2005, 10:00 PM
bamyi

^^^that sounds good, its funny that we're on this topic cause I just found out that my friends and step-parents (caucasin) are taking me to SJ this Friday night for some vietnamese food! YES! Can't wait!
Old 10-05-2005, 10:07 PM
FairladyZX

I love noodles. Pho Dac Biet & BBH are two of my favourite. Oh..and rice vermicellies too.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:11 PM
bamyi

Its too bad these places don't deliver within a 100 mile radius!
Old 10-06-2005, 10:41 AM
apharmdb

Damn, thank you so much, I know exactly where that is so I'm there! They make the best Bun Bo Hue I've ever had.

Originally Posted by zappi
If I'm not mistaken that Bun Bo Hue (Ca Mau) place has moved to the corner of White Rd and Quimby Rd next to Kragen. Have you tried the 9 course fish at Asian Garden on Bascom Ave off of 280?
Old 10-06-2005, 11:28 AM
bamyi

^^^when you get the address, let me know!
Old 10-06-2005, 01:51 PM
0TRACK5

The new Ca Mau is not the same. I used to love eating the bun bo hue at 4th street. When it closed it was one of the saddest days ever for me. When it reopened I was so happy til I tried it and was very dissapointed at the quality compared to before. But its better than nothing and is only 2 minutes away from my house.

apharmdb: You ever eat at Pho Hoa Phat in Vallejo. They have the best Pho and Vietnamese food in Vallejo. Check it out if you haven't.

Bamvi: Here's some places to eat at if you're in the area and don't know where to go:
Pho: Pho Ly on Capitol Expressway and Silver Creek(next to Hollywood Video) or
Beef Noodle #1 across the street next to Target.
Hu Tieu: Nam Vang in Alvin Plaza or
Vung Tau on Santa Clara Street.
Dim Sum: Dynasty Restaurant at Grand Century Mall on Story Road or
Flourishing Garden on Monterey Road.
Chinese Food: Bo Da on Story Road.
Com Tam: Dat Thanh on Tully Road.

Thats all I can think of for now so if you need any more let me know!