Notices
Asia Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

Z owners in Korea?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 08:00 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gimpster621
the dont sell z's in korea. someone correct me if im wrong but renault makes nissans and samsung cars. they have samsung in korea so nissan isnt there.
This might be a little confusing, but here it is. Yes Renault owns Samsung motors and nissan.. So, All samsung cars share the platforms of nissan cars. Unfortunately, Samsung only produces 3 vehicles; SM3, SM5, SM7. SM3= Sentra, SM5=Altima, SM7=Maxima. Their bumpers and small stuffs look different, but the engines and the entire interiors are identical. That's why I can get VQ engine parts cheap in Korea.. I just go to any Samsung dealers...

Nissan dealer is launching in South Korea soon, BUT they don't plan to sell 350z. Once the Nissan opens up, Samsung will move to Renault platforms and start producing the Renault vehicles under Samsung's badge. This is what I heard... and I think it is very logical for Renault to do that...

Last edited by leeboyNY; 11-22-2007 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:27 PM
NGRYKRN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leeboyNY
This might be a little confusing, but here it is. Yes Renault owns Samsung motors and nissan.. So, All samsung cars share the platforms of nissan cars. Unfortunately, Samsung only produces 3 vehicles; SM3, SM5, SM7. SM3= Sentra, SM5=Altima, SM7=Maxima. Their bumpers and small stuffs look different, but the engines and the entire interiors are identical. That's why I can get VQ engine parts cheap in Korea.. I just go to any Samsung dealers...

Nissan dealer is launching in South Korea soon, BUT they don't plan to sell 350z. Once the Nissan opens up, Samsung will move to Renault platforms and start producing the Renault vehicles under Samsung's badge. This is what I heard... and I think it is very logical for Renault to do that...
correct me if i'm wrong but i thought sm5 and 7 were both out of Nissan Teana, sm5 just has a smaller engine than sm7. The do have different taillights but that's just to differentiate them.

Teana and Maxima does look pretty similar. I had hard time telling the difference between the two. I believe sm5 had 2.5 liter and sm7 actually had vq35 motor.

hey dood out of curiousity, how much was it to get your Z registered in Korea?
Old 11-22-2007, 04:41 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Originally Posted by NGRYKRN
correct me if i'm wrong but i thought sm5 and 7 were both out of Nissan Teana, sm5 just has a smaller engine than sm7. The do have different taillights but that's just to differentiate them.

Teana and Maxima does look pretty similar. I had hard time telling the difference between the two. I believe sm5 had 2.5 liter and sm7 actually had vq35 motor.

hey dood out of curiousity, how much was it to get your Z registered in Korea?
When I bought my Z in the state, it was $22,500. After paying for all the taxes, test fees, and etc, etc, it was just over $40,000.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:54 PM
NGRYKRN

so it would be around 20k then huh? damn
Old 12-13-2007, 08:58 PM
kihun

I'm going to korea on jan 14th1111
Old 12-19-2007, 02:00 PM
peterkim0121

hey i am ganna be in korea in 3 month..

and i am sure i will sell my z before i would never bring the car with me to korea...

custom tax is ... way too much..

planning to buy s15 or.. s14 when i go there..
Old 01-06-2008, 01:40 AM
hr350z33

you know passing emissions and smog is pretty easy in korea...hahaha...even passing the body test...ie taillights body kit etc..i had an FD fully tuned FULLY TUNED when i was in korea and every 6 months i would pay 150-200 bucks and it would pass...it always helps to take them out to dinner also! never could drive it on post tho...damn army!! it was fine tho...raced alot there...alot!! but if i can go there again i'm going to bring my Z...its not that bad for importation tax...yah yah roughly 35%...but 35% of 2000 dollars is what nothing...if you catch my drift...i'm going to bring a few cars with me if i can go again. matter of fact if anyone would like info on how to accomplish all this i will be more then happy to help and provide as much advice as possible...i have already done this so i got the knowledge and know how. still have contacts and companies in korea that can help quicken the process for you. and s15 and s14's in korea...yah..pricey...but it in japan then ship it...much cheaper if you know someone that wont rape you for there own benefit. if you need some teams to race with or contacts for the streets or shop knowledge or anything just let me know.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:15 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Originally Posted by hr350z33
you know passing emissions and smog is pretty easy in korea...hahaha...even passing the body test...ie taillights body kit etc..i had an FD fully tuned FULLY TUNED when i was in korea and every 6 months i would pay 150-200 bucks and it would pass...it always helps to take them out to dinner also! never could drive it on post tho...damn army!! it was fine tho...raced alot there...alot!! but if i can go there again i'm going to bring my Z...its not that bad for importation tax...yah yah roughly 35%...but 35% of 2000 dollars is what nothing...if you catch my drift...i'm going to bring a few cars with me if i can go again. matter of fact if anyone would like info on how to accomplish all this i will be more then happy to help and provide as much advice as possible...i have already done this so i got the knowledge and know how. still have contacts and companies in korea that can help quicken the process for you. and s15 and s14's in korea...yah..pricey...but it in japan then ship it...much cheaper if you know someone that wont rape you for there own benefit. if you need some teams to race with or contacts for the streets or shop knowledge or anything just let me know.

35% of $20,000+ $2000 shipping you mean? That's $7000... Wow, you must be balling if you think $7000 is nothing. Maybe you only had to pay 35% of $2000, because you are in the military, thus different tax system applies to you. But, we have to pay 35% import tax for the value of the vehicle+shipping. When I brought in my Z back in 2005, the total price including the price of the vehicle was $40,000. I basically spent $17,000 on tax, inspection and shipping. This is the reason why import vehicles are so expensive in Korea.

Last edited by leeboyNY; 01-06-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:01 PM
kspec

안녕!
I want to go back to Korea soo bad also.
Although, id want my own garage in kangnam where my cousin lives haha.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:15 PM
definitionxmk

Originally Posted by hr350z33
so wait... you're in the army? you stay off base/post? i'm about to be stationed there and i reallllllly don't want to leave my Z in san diego =( i'm not even sure if i would be allowed to drive in korea x_x. but damn, i can always hit up the track! any suggestions on an E-4 going to korea? should i try and bring my Z there ... or suck it up and hope to borrow someone else's ride =)
Old 01-10-2008, 11:49 AM
enuff4life

I heard that if you plan to live in Korea in short period of time(military or business), you don't have to pay the tax? but you have to pay if you are selling the car and other reasons...

also I have questions to all...
does 35% tax out from original purchase price or current price of my car. What if I say my car values only $10000?
Old 01-10-2008, 12:04 PM
pHiLDeZnUtZz

Originally Posted by gimpster621
mann if i had a job in korea i would move there with my Z in a heartbeat

that's cause you never applied.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:24 PM
kspec

Originally Posted by definitionxmk
so wait... you're in the army? you stay off base/post? i'm about to be stationed there and i reallllllly don't want to leave my Z in san diego =( i'm not even sure if i would be allowed to drive in korea x_x. but damn, i can always hit up the track! any suggestions on an E-4 going to korea? should i try and bring my Z there ... or suck it up and hope to borrow someone else's ride =)
i think you need to be command sponsored to easily bring your car there?
Hmm.. i wonder if your allowed to bring your car. I want to be stationed in Korea too but does anyone know if LTs have it easier than the enlisted side on this kind of stuff? >.< I too want to bring my Z!

btw isnt gas still like 10 bucks a gallon or liter or something crazy high?
I remember in 2001 it was really high compared to USA it seemed like.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:23 PM
NGRYKRN

Officers are almost guaranteed commander sponsorship
enlisted however, have hard time getting it unless your e-7 and above
Old 01-10-2008, 01:35 PM
kspec

yea thats what I was thinking.. being in oklahoma is making me forget korean..
Old 01-11-2008, 10:04 AM
definitionxmk

hmm.... well my billet over in korea would only be a year so i don't think it would be worth to bring my Z over there. i'll prolly just suck it up and accumulate parts there and in japan (only a 2 hour flight!!)... then send them back to my fellow Z partners. =)
Old 01-11-2008, 08:15 PM
NGRYKRN

I had orders to Korea few months back and I had gotten commander sponsorship (i'm enlisted). it wasn't hard at all to get but i did have to sign a document saying that i'll serve in korea for three years. it got cancelled for some lame reason. It would have been nice to bring my Z over there.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:22 PM
PhiSig
Wheel Whore

Originally Posted by phase1
I just moved back to Korea about 2 months ago and my 350z arrived about 2 weeks ago.

Well......some @$$hole keyed and scratched the entire passenger side of my car. They are deep scratches and I will need to repaint the car.

Does anyone know of a place I can take it here in Korea? I'm looking for professional paint job.....not just some random, simple, quick paint job.

I feel really sick to my stomach because of what somebody did to my car. I just don't understand people sometime. Why would someone want to do that?!?!?!

Please, if anyone knows a place I can take my car let me know.

Ryan
010-7175-2282 - call anytime
From what I have heard, native Koreans don't like anything Japanese and do their best not to buy or support Japan in any way shape or form.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:34 PM
kspec

Originally Posted by PhiSig
From what I have heard, native Koreans don't like anything Japanese and do their best not to buy or support Japan in any way shape or form.
yea many koreans hate japanese ppl because of the history between the two.
PhiSig, just try to find a nice performance tuner shop that has japanese cars in it that arent being torn apart lol... man i met some koreans that had true hatred towards japanese ppl... (i dont hate but i think japs are kinda different and have the strangest tv shows hahaha)
Old 01-14-2008, 04:43 PM
kihun

I was at kangnam last week and I saw gold right hand drive Z. any owner here? I was near apgujung.

Quick Reply: Z owners in Korea?!