Notices
Asia Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

Seoul FTW!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Concave
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leeboyNY
Han-Nam-Dong is right behind Itaewon and it's where numerous CEOs and VPs of Samsung, LG, Hyundai etc, etc live!! There are many huge mansions all hidden in high wall, high security...

At night time han river walk areas are like this. I'm sure you've been there.. We are gonna have to scout out a good spot though.. There are lots of river walk areas.. Some with good view and some not so good...

I lived in Hannam-dong, i didnt think anyone knew about that place!
Old 02-09-2009, 08:34 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by definitionxmk
anyone is model material =) it's all about photoshop... i remember going to the ADULT EXPO in Los Angeles and saw that some of the girls really were tore up x_x

Great shots! Did you take them? you make my face =(
No, I didn't take them I plan to get a DSLR pretty soon though...
Old 02-09-2009, 01:36 PM
definitionxmk

well i'm not sure how "old" those photos are... but it's good enough for me. sure she's not like supermodel material, but i'm sure we can do something about that during the shoots. but yeah, leeboy those places look like a good place... after all, we're just getting our feet wet.

what kind of camera are you planning on getting? i'm working on a wireless speedflash setup (strobist.blogspot.com) for photoshoots on the go...
Old 02-09-2009, 01:43 PM
definitionxmk

Originally Posted by LMBLF8
i'll be off this week and most of next week as well. i think the han river side is a lot better than the g-lux place, cuz its not really that big of a lot and theres already gonna be a lot of cars there that i won't be able to move. oh and drew, you looking for just 'kdm' :lol: models? the russian chick might be interested, i haven't asked yet tho cuz i wasn't sure what kinda models you were looking for. oh and i'm guessing that korean chick you met is single? shes cute in the 1st and later pics the ones in the middle make her look younger? i don't know, there were like 2 pretty hot chicks @ the exchange on sat...
hmmm... yeah, ask the girls if they are interested. it could never hurt to have a "normal" photoshoot to add into the portfolio. and no, i'm not really just focusing on just "KDM" girls... this girl is actually half Taiwanese half Korean. but anyways, i was able to snag my friend's apartment for some nice "home/bedroom/kitchen/livingroom" shots next week... hopefully these turn out well. i don't think there is a nice place on POST besides the Dragon Hill Lodge (Base Hotel).
Old 02-09-2009, 02:04 PM
definitionxmk

Default Welcome

Originally Posted by EMPEROR
sup guys, im not a z owner but i got here(seoul) couple weeks ago
and hope to meet you guys soon!!
It's great to see more people are coming out from the forums. It's not about just the "350z" anymore... but a community. i guess that's why i goto this site everyday. hah!

well, welcome again and here is a small summary of what's going on now:

-LMBLF8 works in G-LUX (exotic as a translator (and ***** work, hah)
-Chopper is down south and stuck on "Post" but will be leaving shortly
-mpact just got here
-leeboy just finished up whatever the hell he was doing
-myself, i'm working on setting up some photoshoots
-there are other people floating around... but i haven't got to them yet
-Monkey Beach FTW

enjoy Korea!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:10 PM
EMPEROR

cool, let me know when you guys have another meet or something.
cant wait to see yall!!
Old 02-09-2009, 10:29 PM
LMBLF8

whats up with the ***** work?

monkey beach FTWx2

i'll be in 교대 (gyo-dae?) tonight so if anyone's close by, holla!
Old 02-10-2009, 12:43 AM
chopperman

Ahh I miss monkey beach!!!! This sucks. Movers are picking up my stuff tomorrow to ship it back to the states. Woot wooot.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:09 AM
definitionxmk

^it's alright man... i'll never forget the good times we had ::cries:: too bad we all hung out only once, haha
Old 02-10-2009, 11:38 PM
chopperman

A question for everyone who drives off post... Especially leeboy. I am on this detail which has me driving from camp humphreys to yongin everyday. Now I see a crap load of cameras on the street signs when Im on the expressway and what not. My question is, which of those cameras actually take the picture to see if you are speeding. I know that the bigger camera with the 2 lens's side by side does take pictures of the cars but what about the smaller cameras? Im guessing those are just to monitor traffic and see if there are any accidents? Because I have been slowing down for only the big ones.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:48 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Originally Posted by chopperman
A question for everyone who drives off post... Especially leeboy. I am on this detail which has me driving from camp humphreys to yongin everyday. Now I see a crap load of cameras on the street signs when Im on the expressway and what not. My question is, which of those cameras actually take the picture to see if you are speeding. I know that the bigger camera with the 2 lens's side by side does take pictures of the cars but what about the smaller cameras? Im guessing those are just to monitor traffic and see if there are any accidents? Because I have been slowing down for only the big ones.

Yeah, most of them work and some don't. Because these cameras are exposed to harsh environmental conditions they are prone to malfunctions.. Korean navigation tells me where these fixed cameras are, so I slow down when I pass them...
Old 02-11-2009, 05:32 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Originally Posted by Concave
I lived in Hannam-dong, i didnt think anyone knew about that place!

Your folks must be LOADED then right? I have a friend who lives right next to Gun Hee Lee, the CEO of Samsung. From my buddy's 2nd floor balcony I see his backyard and his living room, etc... Haha~ I'm not into Voyeurism though..

Last edited by leeboyNY; 02-11-2009 at 05:39 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:32 PM
definitionxmk

^i am, though.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:46 AM
LMBLF8

^i am, though.
x2 and hope to see Mr. Lee's daughter
Old 02-12-2009, 02:49 AM
LMBLF8

Originally Posted by leeboyNY
Yeah, most of them work and some don't. Because these cameras are exposed to harsh environmental conditions they are prone to malfunctions.. Korean navigation tells me where these fixed cameras are, so I slow down when I pass them...
Dude @ G-Lux also said that if you're going 260+ kmh, they can't capture. They done a couple runs with a LP640 and hit almost 315ish, Incheon straights (which by the way, I'd love to go full throttle on with their LP or their 430 )
But I don't think you'll be doing near 260 Cliff
Old 02-14-2009, 08:07 PM
mpact1981

I just made it to Korea a few days ago. I spent the night in Yongsan and now they sent me to Camp Stanley for like 2 weeks of in-processing. It sucks; they won't let us leave base or drink until I'm in humphreys.

Can't wait to get to there and stop living out of my suit case. When I do finally get some freedom I'll let yall know and maybe yall can show me around a lil bit. Show me where to get a good phone and check out some cars or something.

I'm shopping for a new car, really thinking hard about the GTR. I'd like to save about 20k more before I jump on something like that though.

How did the photo shoot turn out?
Old 02-14-2009, 11:38 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

First, welcome to Korea. It's a great opportunity for you to learn different culture, so try to go out and experience as much as possible.

Second, you are gonna need at least $40K for GTR 34. Import cars are very expensive in Korea.

Originally Posted by mpact1981
I just made it to Korea a few days ago. I spent the night in Yongsan and now they sent me to Camp Stanley for like 2 weeks of in-processing. It sucks; they won't let us leave base or drink until I'm in humphreys.

Can't wait to get to there and stop living out of my suit case. When I do finally get some freedom I'll let yall know and maybe yall can show me around a lil bit. Show me where to get a good phone and check out some cars or something.

I'm shopping for a new car, really thinking hard about the GTR. I'd like to save about 20k more before I jump on something like that though.

How did the photo shoot turn out?
Old 02-15-2009, 02:46 AM
definitionxmk

photoshoot with the girl had to be postponed due to the package with my lights not arriving as of yet (damn apo addresses sometimes take awhile) but i'm still up for Tuesday. Leeboy, you still down?
Old 02-15-2009, 04:25 AM
LMBLF8

im down, off this week
Old 02-15-2009, 05:12 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

photoshoot with the girl had to be postponed due to the package with my lights not arriving as of yet (damn apo addresses sometimes take awhile) but i'm still up for Tuesday. Leeboy, you still down?
Yeah, I'm down. Pick a place and time. I just got back from the ski resort... so I have no clue where to go take pictures. Also, remember, my Z is a 2 seater.. If 3 of us is going to meet, we need to figure out how we are going to move around town...