Notices
Asia Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

Seoul FTW!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 08:43 PM
mpact1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chopperman
Andrew I would definatly help you out. Now that I am off extra duty I am free to go off post. Let me know. Time for another gettogether.

Mpact whats your actuall name? lol

My name is Jacob. If yall have Myspace, add me

yourmybitch247@yahoo.com

I'll get to Humphreys Tuesday evening but return to Stanley Thursday for another week of training. I'm hoping I'll be there and free the first weekend in March and I can get you (chopper) to show me around before you leave.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:59 PM
mpact1981

leeboy,

How good are your hookups as far as mods and shops are concerned?

I mean, if I end up getting the 370, do you know places to get it hooked up. I wouldn't mind being the first person with one TT'd, you know what I mean. The exhaust manifolds would be the biggest issue, then of course getting some pipes bent...

Maybe my biggest issue would be trying to legally drive it here. I heard my chances of getting a SOFA license are pretty good in the CAB though. I'll find out in a few weeks...
Old 02-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Concave
Banned

Originally Posted by LMBLF8
prob in apujeong or kangnam somewhere
yea i think it is, thx
Old 02-22-2009, 04:09 AM
definitionxmk

that's an awesome Email you have there, mpact... hah

JAY - damn, i wish i checked out the forums before i went to Pusan... but def, next time i'll be sure to check out that spot. oh yeah, i met your friend "Hong" (spelling?) over there in Apujeong @ Bar Home. It was totally random... i was talking about that i was a photographer and he said that i should take photos of his BMW. I then told him about the spot over at the Hyatt and he asked, "Do you know Jason?". We were like, "wtf"... small world.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:10 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm. I suggest you buy a complete kit. I believe GTM will release it pretty soon for 370Z. APS will release their's soon as well. I do know several shops that can create, install and tune custom turbo kit, but price isn't cheap.

Originally Posted by mpact1981
leeboy,

How good are your hookups as far as mods and shops are concerned?

I mean, if I end up getting the 370, do you know places to get it hooked up. I wouldn't mind being the first person with one TT'd, you know what I mean. The exhaust manifolds would be the biggest issue, then of course getting some pipes bent...

Maybe my biggest issue would be trying to legally drive it here. I heard my chances of getting a SOFA license are pretty good in the CAB though. I'll find out in a few weeks...

Last edited by leeboyNY; 02-22-2009 at 04:26 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:14 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

HAHAHAH!! Are you kidding me?? So you randomly stumbled into my buddy's bar that I told you about last week? HAHAHA! Hong is a cool dude. He also drove 350Z. That's how we met 3 years ago.

P.S. My avatar pic (left) was taken in front of the Home bar by Hong.

Originally Posted by definitionxmk
that's an awesome Email you have there, mpact... hah

JAY - damn, i wish i checked out the forums before i went to Pusan... but def, next time i'll be sure to check out that spot. oh yeah, i met your friend "Hong" (spelling?) over there in Apujeong @ Bar Home. It was totally random... i was talking about that i was a photographer and he said that i should take photos of his BMW. I then told him about the spot over at the Hyatt and he asked, "Do you know Jason?". We were like, "wtf"... small world.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:49 AM
definitionxmk

yeah, i'm serious! i remember we talked about it AFTER i met up with him. Like my buddy and i were HELLA messed up from MONKEY BEACH and we decided to walk around. We went into a couple of bars, but nothing was really popping... then my friend was like, lets head into this one... they got a cool drink called, "Question". So we went in... and yeah, that's what happened. I totally forgot that we talked about your friends bar and it was PURE chance that we stepped in the bar. i didn't even want to go in, but my friend really wanted me to try the drink...

crazy
Old 02-22-2009, 04:51 AM
definitionxmk

^oooh yeah, i see the pic! i remember the BLUE AURA of the building... he told me he was looking at the photos and going, "who the hell took these awesome photos?".... and then i was sitting right in front of him. i'm telling you man... i CAN'T make this stuff up, hah!
Old 02-22-2009, 06:57 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

That is so funny! Oh God~ "The QUESTION!!!" That **** will mess you up!

yeah, i'm serious! i remember we talked about it AFTER i met up with him. Like my buddy and i were HELLA messed up from MONKEY BEACH and we decided to walk around. We went into a couple of bars, but nothing was really popping... then my friend was like, lets head into this one... they got a cool drink called, "Question". So we went in... and yeah, that's what happened. I totally forgot that we talked about your friends bar and it was PURE chance that we stepped in the bar. i didn't even want to go in, but my friend really wanted me to try the drink...

crazy

Last edited by leeboyNY; 02-22-2009 at 07:01 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:33 PM
definitionxmk

so... everyone want to meet up for dinner one night? we haven't had one in 2009 yet...
Old 02-22-2009, 11:55 PM
chopperman

so... everyone want to meet up for dinner one night? we haven't had one in 2009 yet...
Yeah im down, pick the night and the place. I dont know any resturantes in seoul
Old 02-23-2009, 04:50 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Club Z Korea and BMW Mania Korea clubs are having a get together this coming Thursday at 9pm. If weather is nice people might drag race as well.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:52 AM
LMBLF8

let me know date and location for 1st dinner '09 and im down

lee 형- where will this be located?
Old 02-23-2009, 05:59 AM
chopperman

Originally Posted by leeboyNY
Club Z Korea and BMW Mania Korea clubs are having a get together this coming Thursday at 9pm. If weather is nice people might drag race as well.
Let me know where this is!!! I am able to get off post now!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 06:52 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

1. 행사일시: 2009년 2월 26일 목요일 21시

2. 집결장소: 한강 양화지구 선착장(네비게이션 찍으면 나와욧!)

We are meeting at one of the river walks. This one is near the south east shore of the Sung-San bridge. We will be meeting here then move to the Unification park, which is located North side of Seoul. Unification park is about an hour drive from where we are meeting. Of course some people will make it there in 30 min or less... Once we get there, we are going to eat late night snacks.. Then maybe drag race if weather and temp is OK.

I can take one of you with me since I'm going by myself. Also, my buddy with G35 APS single turbo with built engine MIGHT come out as well. He'll have plenty space in his car... He speaks English... I'll let you guys know by Thursday afternoon.

Last edited by leeboyNY; 02-24-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:14 PM
LMBLF8

thanks for the info! yeah, if there is room in your car or your buddy's car, i'm definitely interested in tagging along!

*patiently waiting for thursday now*
Old 02-23-2009, 08:22 PM
definitionxmk

heh, you know i would go... but sadly, i have to be in by midnight (cinderella time) on the weekdays x_x'

if you have something on the weekends, let me know! oh and SHOTGUN!
Old 02-23-2009, 11:24 PM
chopperman

Hey Jay I would defiantly be down for Thursday if it would be okay for you.

It's time to get off this base!!
Old 02-24-2009, 02:18 AM
mpact1981

I'm still waiting to get some "off post privileges" or else I would be down to go as well. I just got to Humphreys today and found out that I can't drink or leave base for 30 days.... I'm still amazed how little faith and trust they have in Staff Sergeants here. We have all the same rules as the privates, blows my mind...

To add to the "suck" I call my life here in Korea, AAFES new car sales finally wrote me back and said they would only deliver the 370Z to the States and Germany.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:22 AM
definitionxmk

^wow, that sucks...

damn, if you go cliff i might even consider it. haha, i just can't get back on POST after 12 so that means i have to stay somewhere until the gate opens up again x_x