Notices
Asia Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

Seoul FTW!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 03:11 PM
PhreeZe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$1600? That's how how much my freakin' Amuse was! I'll be on the look out though. So it sounds like your gonna paint your car matte white? That will be sick! Ever thought of doing matte vinyl?
Old 11-24-2009, 06:21 PM
mpact1981

you mean like a vinyl wrap? i don't know if anyone in Louisiana can even do that for me. it's not very popular there so it would end up costing more than repainting. then there is the risk of it not coming out too great, pealing, fading, and everything else that goes with it.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:51 AM
willyd6869

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in Louisiana and I've vinyl wrapped my Z myself..I could help ya out

Last edited by willyd6869; 12-03-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:01 AM
PhreeZe

Originally Posted by mpact1981
you mean like a vinyl wrap? i don't know if anyone in Louisiana can even do that for me. it's not very popular there so it would end up costing more than repainting. then there is the risk of it not coming out too great, pealing, fading, and everything else that goes with it.
Sorry for the late response brother. I'm actually in Seoul now and have been busy the last few days settling in. My god have I missed Seoul. I was only gone for 3 months but it feels so good to be back. I was sick of seeing fat chicks in Seattle haha.

Anyways yes I was talking about vinyl wrap. If you get a good professional installer to do it and you get some good material, it will turn out great. Many exotics car back in the states and here in Korea vinyl wrap their car. I've seen matte red, black, blue and other colors. It all depends on the installer and material. You might be right saying it might be expensive but I'm not sure how much... I was told you could strip the clear coat off your original paint and spray a matte finish. My friend said he is gonna do that on his new M5. I can give you more details about that when he actually does it though.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:30 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by CrownR426
How r the ladies in hangook?
Put it this way: if I wasn't married, I'd be in trouble. It's like that... especially the further south you go. Up here in area 1 there ain't too much (except some women's college not too far away and a bunch of juicy bars). Seoul is off the ****ing hook and I've heard nothing but good about Daegu. Onlt thing I don't like is the places where a lot of military guys end up. We start too many fights over nothing.

PS: My Evo should be here in like 60 days. Definitely looking to roll out with some people. Gotta find the tracks out here.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:52 AM
rAiN

how are you guys importing a car from states to korea?
Old 12-10-2009, 01:36 AM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by rAiN
how are you guys importing a car from states to korea?
Military is paying for mine.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:44 PM
killa.beez33

I might move to korea, it's a MAYBE. I'll probably ship the Z over too. Can anybody give me some info on shipping + registering a US car in Korea? links maybe? Thanks a ton.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:27 PM
bboypuertoroc

Military?
Old 12-13-2009, 08:35 PM
killa.beez33

Nope, I'm currently in Korea right now scoping out places and seeing how it is. I'm probably going to teach Engish over here in Korea and stay over at my Aunt and Uncles pad in Bundang. If I do move to Korea, I'm probably going to stay for over a year + so I'm trying to bring my Z over. It's only been like 3 weeks without the Z, and I miss it oh so much hahaha
Old 12-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Hydralisk

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Onlt thing I don't like is the places where a lot of military guys end up. We start too many fights over nothing.
You got that right. I hate hearing about privates/lower enlisted trying to fight my friends and family back at home...
I cant wait to go back.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Hydralisk

Originally Posted by killa.beez33
Nope, I'm currently in Korea right now scoping out places and seeing how it is. I'm probably going to teach Engish over here in Korea and stay over at my Aunt and Uncles pad in Bundang. If I do move to Korea, I'm probably going to stay for over a year + so I'm trying to bring my Z over. It's only been like 3 weeks without the Z, and I miss it oh so much hahaha
If its only roughly a year, I would probably save the Z from all of the door dings, hit and runs, keyings that normally occur in the metro.
And dont forget the fees and taxes...

Anyway, maybe this place can help. http://www.kotsa.or.kr/
Old 12-14-2009, 12:47 AM
killa.beez33

Originally Posted by Hydralisk
If its only roughly a year, I would probably save the Z from all of the door dings, hit and runs, keyings that normally occur in the metro.
And dont forget the fees and taxes...

Anyway, maybe this place can help. http://www.kotsa.or.kr/
Thanks, I'm staying at least a year. Most likely more if I do end up staying. If I do end up moving, somebody's gotta show me where the nearest shop, and place where all the goodies are at. (as in aftermarket performance parts and such) :P
Old 12-16-2009, 03:23 AM
mpact1981

not a GIANT car scene in korea but if you search hard enough you will find them. J use to hook us up with all the local happenings but he's back in the states now. search back a few pages and check out the pics of us at the DDGT a few months ago. NSX's, Sylvias, GTR's, Gen coups, and J's 350Z. they had a little bit of everything.

We were with his friends in Group-R/Team Super Drift.

I was going to bring my Z but the little beater car I just bought has already been hit and run so my Z will be staying in the garage at my house, where it is safe. I still have to buy a new front bumper.... lol
Old 12-16-2009, 03:25 AM
mpact1981

Originally Posted by Hydralisk
You got that right. I hate hearing about privates/lower enlisted trying to fight my friends and family back at home...
I cant wait to go back.
are you going to come back and beat up all the privates/lower enlisted??? lol
Old 12-16-2009, 03:27 AM
mpact1981

any access/excel wizzes in here?
Old 12-30-2009, 06:10 AM
Mantis3024

going to be in Seoul this weekend. Anyone know of any sports bars open late that get US stations? Preferably CBS, Fox, ESPN?
Old 12-30-2009, 09:41 AM
definitionxmk

ah, it's been about 2 months since I left Seoul! I miss the chicks and there... I realized that Americans are fat. Like at least 75% of them... I don't remember seeing a fat person in Korea =P
Old 01-09-2010, 12:19 AM
CrownR426

Going to korea in a year from now or earlier...
At least my z will be going with me!
[:
Please show me around once I get there.
100% twinkie
Old 01-11-2010, 06:05 AM
PhreeZe

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Put it this way: if I wasn't married, I'd be in trouble. It's like that... especially the further south you go. Up here in area 1 there ain't too much (except some women's college not too far away and a bunch of juicy bars). Seoul is off the ****ing hook and I've heard nothing but good about Daegu. Onlt thing I don't like is the places where a lot of military guys end up. We start too many fights over nothing.

PS: My Evo should be here in like 60 days. Definitely looking to roll out with some people. Gotta find the tracks out here.
What color is your EVO? I saw a white one near Gangnam the other day if that was you... I think I might of been near Sadang actually. Anyways, +1 on the Military guys. There is a good reason why Military people are not allowed in a lot of clubs in Hongdae.

Question for the Military guys here. How much wrestling/submission fighting do you guys train? My Judo school back in WA was near Fort Lewis and we had A LOT of Military guys in our class. Hate to say it but most of the guys were terrible minus one. He always busted up my ***. Anyways, I was just curious on how much self defense training you guys do, I would imagine A LOT!