Notices
Asia Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

Seoul FTW!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 03:30 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhreeZe
Wow someone is already biting our style? Damn that sucks... I'm surprised no one has painted their Z midnight purple. That would prob be my first choice if I was repainting. But ya I've read (and been told) importing cars to Korea is expensive but I was just really curious about the Subaru turnout in Korea. I don't even recall seeing a dealer let alone any model. All the kids that play Initial D 4 like the drive the Subaru 22B. Or is it the V5 STi? Ah I can't remember...

Jason
There are no official Subaru dealers in Korea, but people import them just like the Z. I had a buddy who totaled his STI a few years back, and have a dealer friend who just sold a 07' black STI. Because the way it looks it's not as popular as Z here Korea and only manias seek them.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:11 PM
LMBLF8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll try to upload a picture i took on my phone right in front of G-Lux, new version Blue STi with with yellow rally-style stars on it. Most likely from Australia?
Old 12-15-2008, 08:11 PM
LMBLF8

Lee-boy- also, where exactly in Seoul do you live, if you don't mind me asking...or was that already posted?
Old 12-17-2008, 04:47 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Originally Posted by LMBLF8
Lee-boy- also, where exactly in Seoul do you live, if you don't mind me asking...or was that already posted?
Yeah, I did.. I just moved to Gwa-Chun. Just 10 minutes south of Sa-Dang #2 subway station. I'm near 교대역 area everyday...
Old 12-17-2008, 06:38 PM
LMBLF8

Really?? I take the subway often from G-Lux to 교대 quite often, I get off exit 1 and walk a little bit down the street and there's a Starbucks and Baskin Robins, same place as you? I know you're quite busy but we should all try to meet up one day!
Old 12-18-2008, 05:48 PM
LMBLF8

Beginning to see a lot more Z's in the area. Saw a white one the other day with rims but was headed the other direction and today on the way to work, a silver one with I believe te-37's. you know ? leeboy, you know those owners?
Old 12-18-2008, 11:04 PM
chopperman

Anyone like to Snowboard/ski....lets make a trip
Old 12-19-2008, 12:27 AM
definitionxmk

^lets... i go on leave next friday to the Philippines
Old 12-19-2008, 07:48 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Originally Posted by LMBLF8
Beginning to see a lot more Z's in the area. Saw a white one the other day with rims but was headed the other direction and today on the way to work, a silver one with I believe te-37's. you know ? leeboy, you know those owners?
Most of them are daum club-z members. I think the most Zs we had at one meet was like 40 Zs.... Just in Seoul. There are alot more though...
Old 12-22-2008, 08:41 AM
mpact1981

im moving to Camp Humphreys in february. I had big dreams of bringing my Z with it's brand new Greddy TT kit but soon realized it wasn't authorized in my PCS orders.

Someone please tell me there is still hope once I arrive there to bring it over.....

Single E-6 on a 2 year tour....
Old 12-22-2008, 11:33 AM
chopperman

Originally Posted by mpact1981
im moving to Camp Humphreys in february. I had big dreams of bringing my Z with it's brand new Greddy TT kit but soon realized it wasn't authorized in my PCS orders.

Someone please tell me there is still hope once I arrive there to bring it over.....

Single E-6 on a 2 year tour....
Sorry to shoot down your dreams of bringing your Z here but thats not going to happen. Do you know where you are going to be working? Im at Humphreys right now, only people who can bring a vehicle are e-7 and above and also married soldiers that have kids and what not. But..... There is a chance tho. Depending on your job you can get a vehicle, like for instance my NCO E-5 has a vehicle becuase her job has her going to alot of places for meetings and stuff, so the commander authorized it. So its possible.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:30 PM
definitionxmk

^actually... POVs are now authorized, Thanks to the new GENERAL but the catch is... you have to get your command to sign a memorandam saying you can own a POV. Once you get that (which takes forever sometimes), you still have to make time and get your license AND then PAY for EVERYTHING. That means, pay for shipping your car, inspections and stuff. And that stuff is not cheap... like chopperman said, if you have a job that requires you to get a license... well then, you're closer to obtaining your goal. now you must ask yourself, "am i going to spend THAT much money?"

if you need anymore information, i'll try and pull up the document that actually states about owning a POV.

(Oh and i know you can do it; my neighbor, single, E-6 and lives in a BEQ... has a motorcycle parked outside his door.)

good luck!
Old 12-22-2008, 10:05 PM
LMBLF8

Sorry to direct the car issue for mpact, but Cliff was asking about boarding the other day.
Oak Valley (~1.5hrs north), Phoenix Resort, and Yeong-Pyong all are great.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:30 AM
mpact1981

I don't mind paying to ship the car there. I mean as much money as I have spent already, whats another K or two.

I'm aviation hydraulics so I'll be in somewhere on the flightline working in Shops Platoon. My job isn't airframe specific, which means I can work on all helicopters. I'm pretty sure I will be going to the AVIM unit in Humphreys but who really knows until I get there. I'm hoping I get put somewhere in a Platoon Sergeant position like I am now here in Germany. If I'm working in an E-7 slot, maybe I can work the system and bring the Z over.

Thanks for the info though. I can't wait to hit up Korea; with the Z or not.....

Any advice on Humphreys? Things I should bring or be prepared for?
Old 12-23-2008, 02:13 AM
chopperman

I don't mind paying to ship the car there. I mean as much money as I have spent already, whats another K or two.

I'm aviation hydraulics so I'll be in somewhere on the flightline working in Shops Platoon. My job isn't airframe specific, which means I can work on all helicopters. I'm pretty sure I will be going to the AVIM unit in Humphreys but who really knows until I get there. I'm hoping I get put somewhere in a Platoon Sergeant position like I am now here in Germany. If I'm working in an E-7 slot, maybe I can work the system and bring the Z over.

Thanks for the info though. I can't wait to hit up Korea; with the Z or not.....

I work at base ops at the airfield so I will probably see you once or twice if I'm still here when you come. Roads in Korea are terrible and its pretty crazy to drive. With your job I don't think you will be able to obtain a pov because it isn't really that necessary. Camp Humphreys is changing allot, in about 5-7 years this place is going to grow from 5k soldiers to about 40k people. But they will tell you that in one of the many, week long, 8 hour a day briefings.

When you get here everyone will tell you that the Soju will knock you on your *** the first couple times you drink it.....beleive them!

Anyway, just try to make it out and eat Korean food, which is great. And experience the culture. Definatly make a trip to go to the DMZ.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:21 AM
paposalsa
Banned

Originally Posted by iStan
Anyone want to get me a job in Korea??

I doubt you can bring the car, I was an E-7 Shops Platoon Sergeant in K-16 back in 2003 and could not ship my car, however I was allow to buy a car there. It might be different now. Enjoy in Cp Hump.!

Last edited by paposalsa; 12-23-2008 at 03:24 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:45 AM
definitionxmk

yeah, i wish i had my car out here so i can be back in the driver seat.... but seeing how korean people drive, it's not really an ideal place to bring your Z. but for 2 years... i don't know if i could be away from her that long... i'm only stationed here for a year and it's been 6 months... i'm going crazy without her! in fact, i think i spent more money here on parts than when i was stationed in the states...
Old 12-23-2008, 10:37 AM
mpact1981

I'm gonna fight the 2 year tour thing when I get there. I think I got screwed on it. Everyone I know that is single only goes there for 1 year. They tried to tell me when I picked up my orders the since I requested a Consecutive Overseas Tour (from Germany to Korea) my tour is doubled.

What kind of sense does that make. If anything my tour should be SHORTER!

Guess we'll see what happens when I get there.....
Old 12-23-2008, 02:46 PM
chopperman

2 year tour is optional. The standard is 1 year and then you have the option to AIP for one year in which you also get an extra $300 a month, for the two years. If you have been deployed already then you can stay for 2 extra years for a total of 3 years and get paid an extra $400 a month. Hope this helps
Old 12-23-2008, 03:46 PM
definitionxmk

^i don't know... i think they recently (like 2 months ago) changed it to 2 years unaccompanied and 3 years accompanied. i remember someone saying about that... i'mma go check to make sure. but either way, korea is pretty fun... takes awhile to get use to, but i had some great times. however, i have 5 months left and my next duty station is hawaii.... AND i get to bring me Z over there, sooooo i'm glad i'm leaving =)