Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Car Alarm Issue

Old 10-23-2007, 07:11 AM
solemnuz1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Car Alarm Issue

I did a search but I did not find anything related to my specific issue. I just had a car alarm installed (AutoPage RS1000) and I am having an issue that is pissing the living hell out of me. Whenever the car has been sitting for a while parked (overnight or when I get out of work, when I hit the disarm button it will honk twice. Mind you if I do it right afterwards (arm and disarm again) it will not do it. It will not do it if lets say I go for lunch, take 45 minutes eating come back out and disarm it. It only does it when it has been sitting for a long period of time and even then it is not consistent, sometimes it won't do it even if it has been sitting for a long time.

Now the technician that did the install has increased the pulse that it sends out to the system to ensure that it is receiving the signal so that the stock alarm doesnt trigger, he has tried some other things and he even re-installed a whole new alarm (just the brain) in the car and the issue still continues. Has anyone else come across this problem? Is there anyone aware of a fix for this problem.

Any help would be appreciated, when I get up in the morning and disarm the car at 4:30 am and the god forsaken thing goes off I **** off neighbors not to mention my wife that works late and is still sleeping by the time I am leaving the house.

I have a silver nismo '07.

Thanks
Old 10-24-2007, 07:27 PM
solemnuz1

Thanks for all the help, the information was invaulable

Anyways if there is anyone out there with the same issue I have or anyone runs into this issue in the future, my alarm technician said screw AutoPage and is going to switch my alarm to a comparable one from Clifford, which is better anyways at no extra cost. He doesn't have that much faith in the brand so I will report back when the Clifford alarm is installed to see if the issue continues.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:49 PM
KPierson
Banned

With an aftermarket alarm the horn should never honk. Did he make any connections to the horn?

The stock alarm (for the most part) only arms/disarms from the keyfob. You shouldn't ever really have to disarm the OEM system.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:31 AM
billdo

Originally Posted by KPierson
With an aftermarket alarm the horn should never honk. Did he make any connections to the horn?

The stock alarm (for the most part) only arms/disarms from the keyfob. You shouldn't ever really have to disarm the OEM system.
Why is this? I just had the first aftermarket alarm I have ever had installed, and the horn honks like the OEM alarm in addition to the siren. It's a viper alarm. I do not have to use the OEM remote or anything to arm or disarm the alarm. I have to say the horn adds a lot to the loudness or "attention factor" of the alarm.

So why shouldn't it honk??

Thanks
Old 10-27-2007, 03:13 AM
KPierson
Banned

Why should it honk? When you send the signals to lock and unlock the doors (either (-) triggers in to the doors or a 5 wire in the drivers kick) the horn won't honk. When you send a (-) OEM Alarm signal the horn won't honk. The OEM alarm only arms on remote lock of the door (or turning the key in the drivers key cylinder) and neither of those actions honk the horn. The only time the horn honks is when you remotely arm the alarm with the OEM keyfob. You are no longer doing this, so the horn shouldn't be honking.

Most alarms have a 'horn honk output' that can be hooked up, but they usually arn't, as the siren is viewed as good enough.

I'm guessing your installer hooked up that output.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:51 AM
billdo

That makes sense.

Just to be clear, mine does not honk with the lock or unlock. Only when triggered with the siren.