Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

I need a bose amp wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

I see that you are not receiving any responses.

Bose makes some very good components, but the Z’s Bose system is very low-end. Most people replacing a Bose system in the Z tear-out the entire Bose setup, and replace this with better components. One reason for a complete replacement is that the Bose system in the Z is proprietary, and it’s not easy to integrate non-Bose components.

I realize that you are only asking for a wiring diagram, but even having this it might not be as simple as just connecting the correct “colors” in the wiring schematic. In fact, you probably need intermediary “converters” to accomplish your project.

Hopefully someone who has done this will reply since I see from the number and frequency of your requests you obviously want an answer very soon. It’s Christmas Eve/Day, so be patient for replies.

--Spike
Old 12-25-2008, 11:12 AM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read the How to on the G, and it looks like he was able to add a LOC and everything worked fine. I just want some extra bass without losing bluetooth and steering wheel controls. I will upgrade later to a Kenwood unit that has bluetooth and a steering wheel adapter for the controls. I found a schematic and it seems as if it better to just go with the pac oem adapter. I have a Panasonic headunit now, but I dont really have the money to be replacement component speakers. The panasonic flip out is not installed btw.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Forgive me if I am confusing this (and just ignore the following question if it isn't relevant since it might just “muddle-up” your thread).

Do you have a PAC adapter and wondering how to connect this, or is it the wiring past this that you ask about?

--Spike
Old 12-25-2008, 11:48 AM
TheOtherRob

I made a thread about adding a aftermarket amp, and people told me that I needed a LOC, so I went to bestbuy and bought one. I tried installing it on the harness before the Bose sub amp and it was a no go. So Im thinking that now I need a pac adapter since it goes before both the sub amp and the speaker amp.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:45 PM
steve774

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I followed the G35 wiring instructions and everything appeared to be working. However the left rear speaker wiring colours is actually wrong. Since it connects to a mono amp it doesn't matter as long as one of the signals have input but it did cause some noise in my speakers.

I found the correct wiring diagram from http://www.aubreyandcharles.com/NissanServiceManuals/. Download your year and open AV.pdf (this is where the audio video info is at). Go to the "Terminals and Reference Value for BOSE Speaker Amp."
In this section there are 2 sections for the rear speakers (terminals 19,20,21,22 & 33,34,35,36). I don't know why there are two but I got it working using trial and error and determined its 33,34,35,36.

Therefore for my 03 Z its
Rear Right
- P (pink)
+ L (blue)
Rear Left
- Y/L (yellow & blue)
+ Y/G (yellow & green)

There isn't an 08 option on that site but looking at the 07 manual and hoping that nothing changed in the 08 model, your wiring should be
Rear Right
- P (pink)
+ L (blue)
Rear Left
- L/Y (blue & yellow)
+ L/G (blue & green)

I connected my LOC from the blue harness on the Bose amp (located in the trunk next to the spare tire on the drivers side). If you tap in the wires from the harness behind the stock deck the wiring colours will be different then what I mentioned above.

Let me know if this helps.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:49 PM
TheOtherRob

Ill try getting to those wires again then. Getting to that amp is a PITA! I started removing the entire trunk nearly to get to it. Ill try again as it seem like my only option. Ill update here if that works.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:57 PM
steve774

On post 15 you mentioned the wires available to you. Are those all the wires? Is that from the blue harness on the Bose amp?

Last edited by steve774; 12-25-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:11 PM
TheOtherRob

No those were from the sub amp. Those didnt work.

Well I just got done tapping into the blue and pink wire for the right channel and tried that and didnt get anything. Im starting to think that something is up with this LOC. There are six wires that come out of it, 4 for speakers, and 2 that says not to use unless there is no sound coming out of each channel. And it says to ground those to the units ground. So I tried that also and no go. What a pain. I dont know what to do now. All the colors match up from the 07 diagram. The amp has the green status light, so its not in protection mode. I tried switching the RCA's around, I even replaced the RCA's with another set, and I still cant get any sound at all. I dont want to wire in the left channel if I cant even get anything out of the right. I may try and find another LOC that dosent have that ground bs on it. Any good recommendations on a brand of LOC that I could find locally?
Old 12-25-2008, 06:37 PM
steve774

Do some kind of a test to determine if you actually get sound from the LOC. I hooked up an old portable stereo with RCA inputs in my car to test if I got sound from the LOC. If you do get sound the problem is probably the amp. Check your amp settings.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:40 PM
TheOtherRob

Yeah Ill try and see if I can dig up a stereo to rca out and hook up my ipod to it.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Mokie777

Hey Rob, I just finished adding an amp, a pair of component speakers and replaced the factory sub earlier today. The way I did it was by using this plug: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+ADD-NIS1.html

If your amp has high level input, you don't need a LOC if you add the plug behind the oem Clarion unit (premium Boseshit system only includes the 2 amps and speakers). The wires are labeled on the plug so I just sliced the 9 pin plug and connected speaker wires to them. Since you already have a LOC and this plug allows you to keep you existing hardware, you can pretty much use whatever channels you want, depending on what type of amp you have. Make sure you replace the sub if you're adding an amp. I didn't want to lose my tiny trunk space (roadster), I just pulled the rear panels off and sealed the small area behind the driver's seat where the sub goes into and it sounds much better. Good luck and happy new year!
Old 01-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Mokie777

Default LOC

Oh, you mentioned something about trying another LOC, here's one that works well according to ppl's reviews in various online retailers:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SLC4...4.html?tp=1276

I've found a couple of places on the Westcoast for a couple of bucks less, but I'm sure the shipping will be the same or more since you're on the Eastcoast. Also Crutchfield has the best customer service and tech support anywhere. For instance, they'll give you free installation kits and guides, depending on what component you purchase from them. They were around before the internet and you can learn alot from them if you're into this sort of things.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:58 AM
TheOtherRob

I got mine working. Sorry I didn't update this thread earlier.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:17 PM
Stamperman

I just replaced the sub am in my 06 roadster with a small kicker unit. Here are the wire colors from after the plug (going to the amp):
Orange - 12V Battery.
Black - Ground
Blue - Switched 12V / signal on
Yellow - Speaker in +
Purple - Speaker in -
Red - Sub out +
Green - Sub out -

I replaced the head unit in my car and the wiring adapter ran the speaker outs into the bose sub amp. It was sending a full range to the sub, which doesn't have a crossover control. The result was it sounded awful. Found a small kicker amp that is 200 watts at 0.5 Ohm and put that in and adjusted the crossover. Sounds 100X better.