Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Brand review

Old 02-09-2009, 12:56 PM
NewOrleans350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand review

Wondering if maybe we can get a sticky where people can rank their top 5 or so A/V brands, experiences with them, etc. Through searching I found bunches of posts with people asking, how is X brand, how is Y brand, etc. Some people say a certain brand has fallen off lately, etc. Maybe this thread could cut down on that and give some ideas into the more reputtable brands out there, and what kinds of experiences people have had with them. If there is a thread out there like this, then it should be stickied.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:28 PM
NewOrleans350z

How are JVC and Clarion nowadays, in terms of in dash monitors and navigation?
Old 02-10-2009, 06:43 AM
kenpo_350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my Kenwood DNX 7100. It does everything I could want. I can compare it to the Panasonic Strada 2007 player. The player was nice but cannot compare to the Kenwood. They both are great units but you can do so much more with the Kenwood in terms of customizing and the USB port for flash drives is amazing. The new Kenwood units are probably the most advanced out. You can control the navigation, music and menues by voice.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:57 AM
mattk

In these days of outsourcing and multi-national design, it might be better to name top AV lines or products; brands sound a bit too much like "my Prada in-dash DVD/GPS/touchscreen unit is teh sex." Product reviews might likewise be helpful.

Because, for example, there's a big difference between what you might find in Phoenix Gold and Soundstream today, as opposed to what those brands were ten years ago.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:01 AM
NewOrleans350z

Originally Posted by mattk
In these days of outsourcing and multi-national design, it might be better to name top AV lines or products; brands sound a bit too much like "my Prada in-dash DVD/GPS/touchscreen unit is teh sex." Product reviews might likewise be helpful.

Because, for example, there's a big difference between what you might find in Phoenix Gold and Soundstream today, as opposed to what those brands were ten years ago.
This is what I meant.