Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bose will work with non bose system

Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 PM
NismoZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose will work with non bose system

For everyone wondering if the Bose 6cd changer will work with a base model 350z with no bose system it will. The wire harness will fit perfect there are two harnesses one longer than the other and both match perfect stock speakers work and have actually gotten a little louder. Only thing is since the base model z has no stock subwoofer this will not work besides that everything works tweeters front and rear speakers. I dont really see any improvement other than the fact you now has a 6cd changer and tape player. The bose stereo was taken out of an 03 touring Z and the non bose stereo was from a 03 base Z. Im not sure about the other years but i would think this would at least work from years 03 -05 base and touring Z's. One more thing if anyone is doing this to get the bose brakets to fit you have to loosen the white box that controls the ac/heater and move it forward just enough so you can push the brakets into place.
Attached Thumbnails Bose will work with non bose system-dsc00337.jpg   Bose will work with non bose system-dsc00339.jpg   Bose will work with non bose system-dsc00342.jpg   Bose will work with non bose system-dsc00345.jpg  
Old 01-19-2011, 09:02 PM
NismoZZ

Originally Posted by NismoZZ
For everyone wondering if the Bose 6cd changer will work with a base model 350z with no bose system it will. The wire harness will fit perfect there are two harnesses one longer than the other and both match perfect stock speakers work and have actually gotten a little louder. Only thing is since the base model z has no stock subwoofer this will not work besides that everything works tweeters front and rear speakers. I dont really see any improvement other than the fact you now has a 6cd changer and tape player. The bose stereo was taken out of an 03 touring Z and the non bose stereo was from a 03 base Z. Im not sure about the other years but i would think this would at least work from years 03 -05 base and touring Z's. One more thing if anyone is doing this to get the bose brakets to fit you have to loosen the white box that controls the ac/heater and move it forward just enough so you can push the brakets into place.

I forgot the two black connectors on top are the ones that i used for the non bose z. I think the bottoms are for navi and dvd i dont know
Old 01-20-2011, 12:01 AM
zipgun

Whats the point? Chuck em both and put in a decent head unit.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:04 AM
Lrn2Go

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zipgun
Whats the point? Chuck em both and put in a decent head unit.

Aaaaanyway... thanks for the info man! I'm sure this is helpful for people who either had the stock non-bose system and one of the bose HU's just landed in their hands... or if they're trying to go "back to stock" to sell the car... this being able to give them more options for "OEM". Thanks for letting us know!
The following users liked this post:
Zquicksilver (09-15-2015)
Old 10-26-2014, 12:26 AM
ZiSoul

Originally Posted by Lrn2Go

Aaaaanyway... thanks for the info man! I'm sure this is helpful for people who either had the stock non-bose system and one of the bose HU's just landed in their hands... or if they're trying to go "back to stock" to sell the car... this being able to give them more options for "OEM". Thanks for letting us know!

and..
06 bose HU will fit to 07 nismo, too.
I just did replace the HU and check if speakers are working.
btw I need to find out how to get steering control work.
Thanks for the info!