Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 12:13 PM
bbongR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum..
Just posted a thread on 'new owners'
Picked up an 03 enthusiast with 53k miles!
Anyways, this car came with bunch of audio upgrades.

- Alpine Navi: NVE-N852A
- Alpine screen: TME-M760
- Alpine HU: CDA-9815
- Alpine CD-changer: CHA-5634
- Unknown back-up camara....

Today I took my time exploring the little features on the navi and the HU.
By searching around the forums I learned that I actually have Parking break bypass switch for the navi already. I've got the functions of the navi and the HU down for now.. But one thing that I'm still stuck on is the back-up camara...
I see the camara on the rear (obviously) license plate. I was told that the screen should come on when I put the gear on Reverse. When I do, the screen turns black and that's it. Then when I put the gear on 1st, or to neutral, the navi screen comes back online. I mean I know this sounds very vague but since I'm new to these aftermarket navi and all (had 09 Si with factory navi :P), I was wondering if anyone would have the solution for this..

Also, this vehicle came with a little switch-looking.. ****..? lol I'll post a picture of it.. I have no clue what it does...
Any kind of help would much be appreciated.. thank you!
Attached Thumbnails Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2672.jpg   Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2637.jpg   Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2638.jpg   Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2639.jpg  
Old 03-26-2014, 12:17 PM
bbongR

The little ON/OFF switch (located in the ash tray) turns out to be the parking break bypass....

and the little mysterious **** next to TCS...
Attached Thumbnails Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2642.jpg   Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2640.jpg   Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2641.jpg   Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2647.jpg  
Old 03-26-2014, 12:21 PM
bbongR

Found some wires sticking out.. it was just LONG black wire leading to I'm not sure where (probably towards the rear).. I don't know the origin of the wires as well. The picture on the far right is taken right under the shiftboot. I just opened it to see what's under, and I found this coiled wires with "HitchCAM" printed as you can see in the picture. Also not sure what it is, where it leads to.
Attached Thumbnails Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2644.jpg   Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2645.jpg   Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2654.jpg   Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2655.jpg  
Old 03-26-2014, 12:24 PM
bbongR

Another mysterious piece of 'something' was found in between the steering wheel. Wasn't even snug. Was almost just *placed there.

Also posting the picture of navi screen. Not really flushed out..
By lurking around this forum I found a few threads where people actually made it flush and dang they looks CLEAN. So i'm contemplating whether I should jump on it or not.. But for NOW it's okay.
Attached Thumbnails Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2649.jpg   Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2650.jpg   Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2656.jpg   Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2657.jpg  
Old 03-26-2014, 12:27 PM
bbongR

Although the navi screen is not flushed out, the cubby fully closes so I'm happy.
Also posting a few goodies that came with it.. JL amp and woo la la, dynamat! (or maybe it's factory default? hahah)
Attached Thumbnails Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2658.jpg   Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2659.jpg   Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2660.jpg   Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2661.jpg  
Old 03-26-2014, 12:29 PM
bbongR

Lastly.. more pictures of the goodies that came with the car

Nismo oil cap
Nismo Exhaust
Nismo seatbelt.. cushion? I put it in the washer.. was pretty dirty haha
Attached Thumbnails Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2662.jpg   Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2663.jpg   Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2664.jpg   Help on back-up camara! And other electrical(?)-img_2667.jpg  
Old 03-31-2014, 06:58 PM
bbongR

So guys.. I'm coming back to this post..

*UPDATE*
Only 2 days after purchasing the vehicle, I had to replace the battery (100% my fault.. was playing with navi solely with battery power :P). So I now have a fresh new battery installed in the vehicle.. Now the back-up camera I mentioned about.. It doesn't work anymore. Before I replaced the battery, the navi screen would automatically change when I put gear into Reverse except the screen wouldn't display anything. Now even when I'm in Reverse gear the screen doesn't change.. I'll probably have to rewire the whole thing but I'm not sure where to start..
Also a question about the **** next to the TCS button.. I have no idea what it is.. Perhaps I'll open up to see where the wires are connected.. The car's running fine btw. Loving it more as days go by!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:01 PM
faiz23
FEZZZZZZ

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

**** is bass **** to control the W7 subwoofer amplifier.