Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Remove Bose amp & bridge wires ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 09:06 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Remove Bose amp & bridge wires ?

2004 Tourist with Bose system . . .

Has anyone removed the Bose amp and bridged the wires?

I was thinking about installing an aftermarket system BUT still using the factory wiring. I would put an JL amp upstream from the bridged connections. My thought is that it would save me from running new wires to the (new) speakers.

Has this been done ?
Old 06-27-2014, 04:53 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

^^ You can use the same wiring. You need a low voltage tester to check power continuity.

Not absolutely sure of how you do this? Then you hire a shop that knows exactly what to do.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:07 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

So you're just wanting to cut the speaker wires from the amp, then splice them together? And....add an after market amp on to those existing wires? I don't see a problem. ..
Old 07-10-2014, 10:35 PM
FOOKhonda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

youll have to splice into the wires from the amp.. and even so the amp has some kind of digital turn on thing, i dont remember exactly whats the deal with it but i know you cant just wire power to it, and you cant use the wires at the head unit, its not that simple, you either have to buy the $100 something harness or you run new wire from the head unit to every speaker, which would cut out the amp... id advise taking it to the shop and pay them like $150 for the harness and to install it..
Old 07-11-2014, 05:24 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

^^I believe he's talking about taking the wires at the input of the amp and splicing to the wires coming of it and just leaving the amp where it sits(bypassing it). At least that's how I understood it...
Old 07-13-2014, 02:17 PM
FOOKhonda

Originally Posted by VO...
^^I believe he's talking about taking the wires at the input of the amp and splicing to the wires coming of it and just leaving the amp where it sits(bypassing it). At least that's how I understood it...
yeah thats pretty much it, that way you dont have to re-run all the wire to the speakers, either that or splice 3 wires to keep them in the amp, a set to the head unit, and a set to the speakers, but i dont remember exactly but the shop said something about the amp recieving a digital signal to turn on, so you cant just run a power wire to it and expect it to turn on with acc. apparently it will cause a fire or cause it to pop, thats what they said, not me. i didnt know about the amp like that, i figured it was a standard amp and run a power to it, good thing i didnt..
Old 07-14-2014, 05:08 AM
JCat
---------------

My main goal would be to use the stock wiring to the speaker locations.

At this point, my plan is to remove the Bose amp, and install an amp in the glove box location.

I would then run RCA cables from a new Kenwood head unit to this new amp. Then I will run speaker wire from this new amp to the stock wires that currently exit the Bose amp.

The benefit of this would be that I would not need to install new speaker wires.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:45 PM
iideadeyeii

Received 442 Likes on 358 Posts

I've done this. You can google a pin out diagram for the stock amp and wire all the speakers right in the hatch
Old 07-14-2014, 04:52 PM
billydabiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you even read the thread?

Last edited by billydabiller; 07-14-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:03 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

Originally Posted by billydabiller
Here's a place where you can get wire harnesses for 18.00 a lot better than cutting up the wires http://www.crutchfield.com/shopsearch/wire_harness.html
did you even read the thread?
Old 07-14-2014, 05:39 PM
billydabiller

Sorry Master
Old 07-14-2014, 05:40 PM
FOOKhonda

Originally Posted by billydabiller
Here's a place where you can get wire harnesses for 18.00 a lot better than cutting up the wires http://www.crutchfield.com/shopsearch/wire_harness.html
the harness is a waste of money if you have bose, trust me, i had to throw it away... the harness is supposed to be for the head unit, which again if you had read... has no wires that work for the head unit as individual speaker wires, unless you cut the amp out of the equation and splice those wires it may work and you may find the individual speaker wires, but until you can turn the amp on you wont find the speaker wires, me and my friend tried all night with a tester and nothing worked cause you cant even get the radio to power on, you can find the power, but cannot find acc and ground wires..... the best way is what op said last, cut the amp out splice the wires for the speakers and run those to the head unit, however in op's case if you run all the stock speakers off the amp you will blow them if you push more than 55w? i think is what they are at peak power? i suggest getting the $100+ harness thats a rectangular box thats got all the digital crap that it needs to do everything and convert everything properly..

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=26

thats what you need, apparently its not as expensive as i thought i paid 150$ for that harness and for them to install the harness and have the radio working, which i already cut all the harnesses in the stock radio so thats where the bit extra came from..
Old 07-14-2014, 05:51 PM
billydabiller

Thank you Fookhonda for explaining it the way you did. INstead of trying to make someone look stupid. and I said '' Trying "
Old 07-14-2014, 06:04 PM
FOOKhonda

yeah well the bose system is veryyyy complicated, even with all i know about it i would still say i MAY know 50% of whats to know about them, it would be veryyy easy to look stupid with these radio systems, ive already been there and just had to take it to a shop cause it made no sense at all... and im not too sure if theres many people that know much about it that are on here, i posted asking questions about it when i went to do my install and never really got any good answers. but after learning a bit about it i can see whyy
Old 07-15-2014, 06:01 AM
JCat
---------------

I'm replacing the stock speakers with Alpine 80rms 4ohms. I'll have a separate amp and 10' subwoofers under the strut bar.

Last edited by JCat; 07-15-2014 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:38 PM
FOOKhonda

yeah then you will be fine, as long as you have 4 sets of rcas on the head unit, that way you can run them to both amps, i not you could splice the rcas you have but seems like extra work for something that is easily avoidable...

i think youll like the system though, i kept the bose amp in place with the stock speakers and put a 10" kicker l5 under te strut, it works realllly well, definitely am happy with it myself