Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Need help identifying a part and some possible causes to my problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 05:59 PM
ntwillie1

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Need help identifying a part and some possible causes to my problem

Hello all. I have a 6 spd 05 z with a full aftermarket audio system consisting of a Pioneer Avix Z150bh nav head unit, jl components, jl subs, and jl amps. I'm using either monster cable or Phoenix gold for my wiring, can't remember which. My questions are as follows:

1. Behind the shifter console cover there is a white box w a ribbon cable that attached to the ac controls of my car. Does anyone know the name of that white box and what other services it provides?

2. I recently had some issues w my system. I sent the head unit back to Pioneer. When I removed the head unit out of the car the check engine light came on. The codes it kicked back were P0462 and P0183. Dealership wanted to replace my fuel pump and something else w electrical. I said no. A few weeks later I got my head unit back and popped it back in and check engine light went away. As an FY I, while the check engine light was on the car still drove normally.

Anyone know why not having a head unit in the car would cause a check engine light? I did reconnect all the modules back (oil pressure, hvac, etc,,,) while the head unit was out for repair so it's not like I left things disconnected.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can assist.

Wil
Old 09-14-2014, 06:05 PM
ntwillie1

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I actually just ran a search and it seems I'm not the first to experience this. It seems that it's a common occurrence and supposedly after about 10 starts/drives the light should go away. I guess I will be patient and wait it out a bit.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:57 PM
SFerg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's up! That white box is a electrical chassis control module. It controls your AC. When I did my stereo, I started my car without the stereo or this box plugged in. The car couldn't regulate the voltage to the fuel pump for some odd reason. Get everything back together. GO to o'reily and have them erase the code. You'll be good as new. It isn't something I would worry about. The code won't come back, unless you start your car without the chassis control module and without your stereo! lol.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:18 PM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd agree that this isn't unusual if you start the car without the AC Amplifier Control Unit plugged in (U1001 and some others). You'll usually get a handful of codes pop up all at once.