Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

2009 350z Roaster Questions / Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 07:59 PM
Ryan Bonner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 350z Roaster Questions / Help

Hey guys I've had my Z for about 3 years now and I'm looking to upgrade that piece of junk bose system it has in it. I have about a $2k budget on the whole set up so I'm looking to put something nice in it.

Problems: Sub location, I'm not sure if its going to be better for what I want out of it to put it where the bose sub currently is or to put it into the trunk. I realize the trunk is going to allow me to get a better sound/more room etc. The question I have is will it be solid sounding with the top down cruising? I have some ideas on the 4 6.5's on the inside http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...m=111695973102. This is what I was thinking would sound good, but obviously I am open to hearing other options/better options on it.

Sub : How much is to much? I am not looking to just blow everyone away with this, but I want the ability to if I feel the need for it. I value sound quality over just straight banging, but I want to have the ability to let it go if I care too. I am looking at a 12in Kicker L7 Solobaric.

Just a general look of whats going through on my head on it, I have 2k for this but I dont have to spend all of it if something about 1300 fits the bill for what I'm looking for, appreciate it guys.

Side note: I am replacing the stock headunit/ wanting to replace all speakers and then thinking 1 12 in the trunk, though I'm open to hear thoughts and opinions on it.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:49 PM
Ryan Bonner

I realize its a bit open to what I'm asking help wise, if there are any good "best speaker / best sub type lists feel free to spam em at me". I'm just trying to get a good idea before I just dive in, appreciate it guys.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:58 PM
Ryan Bonner

Ended up deciding on 2 Kicker Comp RT's , anyone have any prebuilt boxes for the trunk?

Was told by the local shop guy to go with the RT's for ease of putting them in my trunk.

Last edited by Ryan Bonner; 06-30-2015 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:33 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Mine's a coupe, but a properly-designed sub box can be located in the old Bose sub location, and it can sound good, too.

And, it's stealthy and wastes no space, which is important in a roadster. There's another 4-channel amp hidden under the glove box, and the 4 main speakers are Boston separates, with a Kenwood headunit. My budget, with my labor, was ~$1800.