Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Best smartphone integration kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 01:28 PM
nirukaZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Best smartphone integration kit

I was searching for a smartphone integration kit for my 2008 350z Touring with stock Bose head unit w/o navigation. I preferred a Bluetooth streaming solution to avoid connecting a physical wire every time I get in the car but most available solutions either supported only aux-in like the USA Spec PA15-NIS or didn't come with a wire harness and you needed to cut in the existing wires which, being a novice, I was not comfortable with.

I tried several options but USA Spec BT45-NIS was the clear winner.

The good:
  • It comes with wire harness compatible with the vehicle (same as PA15-NIS) which intercepts the system without modifying any factory wiring.
  • Connects via bluetooth or aux-in whichever you prefer. The bluetooth connectivity is seamless and works as a built-in bluetooth unit would. Once paired, it connects automatically with my phone when I start the car and resumes from the last audio session without me even touching the phone.
  • Amazing sound quality, almost as good as CD. That's because it goes right into the satellite radio connection which is supposed to be higher quality than normal radio.

The bad:
  • Call quality is ok. I have found it to be at par with the stock bluetooth calling option which itself is just ok.

Overall I'm very happy with this kit and the installation was super easy. But I had a very tough time finding about it because most places mention only the aux-in kits. Thought I would share it in case anyone is looking for something similar.

Cheers
The following users liked this post:
viper3two (08-01-2015)
Old 08-01-2015, 01:46 PM
dSpaceman

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

You could've gotten a Scosche wiring harness off Amazon for a couple bucks and you wouldn't need to cut any oem wires.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:53 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by dSpaceman
You could've gotten a Scosche wiring harness off Amazon for a couple bucks and you wouldn't need to cut any oem wires.
Buzzkill.

OP, I appreciate the info regardless of what dSpacey says. Heh heh.

But y'know what? I'm so old school that I still load CDs (you remember those, dontchu?) into the drive for music in one car and thumbdrive in the other Z. Phone calls in the car? BZZZZZTTTT. I VERY RARELY EVER take calls in the car. Even if it's one of my bosses (client or wife).

But in the rare emergency, I use a Bluetooth connect with my JVC head unit. Works fine but still too distracting.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:47 PM
podam

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Jumping into an old thread sorry. Actually i have the same BT45- nis kit for longtime and decided to install however i couldn’t complete due to unclear information in the manual... could you help me a little bit?
my Bose unit has CD/tape/radio however i started with the black harness that come with the kit and the only plug i can fit is the large one into the back of radio and the and the little black square shape . And then to connect with the BT45 unit.... but the manual says it need to plug other?

Just in short do you had too connect only on cable at the back of Bose unit?
also was the sound good compare to CD?

Thank you for your help

Damian
Old 08-12-2019, 10:15 PM
nirukaZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by podam
Jumping into an old thread sorry. Actually i have the same BT45- nis kit for longtime and decided to install however i couldn’t complete due to unclear information in the manual... could you help me a little bit?
my Bose unit has CD/tape/radio however i started with the black harness that come with the kit and the only plug i can fit is the large one into the back of radio and the and the little black square shape . And then to connect with the BT45 unit.... but the manual says it need to plug other?

Just in short do you had too connect only on cable at the back of Bose unit?
also was the sound good compare to CD?

Thank you for your help

Damian
It's been a long time and I can't recall exactly but I connected BT45 to the XM port of the Bose unit. I don't own the car anymore so can't really confirm. One of the connection is supposed to be for power while the other one is for data. What is the label on the one that fits?

Last edited by nirukaZ; 08-12-2019 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:38 PM
podam

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nirukaZ
It's been a long time and I can't recall exactly but I connected BT45 to the XM port of the Bose unit. I don't own the car anymore so can't really confirm. One of the connection is supposed to be for power while the other one is for data. What is the label on the one that fits?
Hi !
thanks so much for your reply, indeed I was missing the XM port here in Europe, I also got confirmation from USA Spec today that my unit is not compatible... too bad , i wish I new before I purchased the kit.
anyway big thanks to you really appreciated.

DM