Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Stock Bose Replacement Plan

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 12:17 PM
JMII

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jlb
Hows the 8" hit? Wondering how it would be in a roadster with the top down...
Its enough for me but like horsepower more wouldn't hurt The stock setup is so bad anything is an improvement. You could do two 8"s in a roadster if you give up the passenger side glove box as well. If you put subsonic filter with a high pass around 40Hz to keep from overworking the 8" you could really pour some power into it I bet. Granted you wouldn't have deep bass but not sure you could no matter what you did in an open top vehicle.

I keep debating if I should build a custom box for a 12" (I have a Polk MM from a previous install, that sounded great) and just give up on my spare tire. As is with my Akebono BBK the stock spare doesn't clear the calipers so I have no idea why I'm dragging it around anyway. Most cars today don't even come with spares and I have AAA for towing.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:54 PM
i8acobra

Received 1,267 Likes on 1,015 Posts

Originally Posted by VO...
Ever think about selling them?
Probably not. It's true... They just don't make stuff like they used to.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:34 PM
jlb

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JMII
Its enough for me but like horsepower more wouldn't hurt The stock setup is so bad anything is an improvement. You could do two 8"s in a roadster if you give up the passenger side glove box as well. If you put subsonic filter with a high pass around 40Hz to keep from overworking the 8" you could really pour some power into it I bet. Granted you wouldn't have deep bass but not sure you could no matter what you did in an open top vehicle.

I keep debating if I should build a custom box for a 12" (I have a Polk MM from a previous install, that sounded great) and just give up on my spare tire. As is with my Akebono BBK the stock spare doesn't clear the calipers so I have no idea why I'm dragging it around anyway. Most cars today don't even come with spares and I have AAA for towing.
You should, and sell me your 8!! Great idea! Hahaha. That spare tire idea is a good one. And you're right, you probably don't even need it. Prob too far away in a vert for me tho.