Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

350z Audio Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 07:32 PM
new350zguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z Audio Problems

Hello everyone!

So I recently purchased a used 2003 350z. When I purchased it I didnt notice any audio issues but recently I have been having a couple problems and wanted to try to get some advice.

It started with my speakers going in and out. They would begin playing audio only on one side of my front speakers and and not at all on the other side. I replaced the headunit with a new one to see if that fixed it and its better and hasnt been doing that however the stereo is still just has way to much bass even when the bass setting on the headunit is turned way down. I know my car has the OEM front speakers and a aftermarket sub that was put in that is blown. Just looking for some suggestions here another thing I noticed was a couple of times when I turned on my emergency flashers I could hear kind of a faint noise from that through my speakers.

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 12-31-2015, 04:56 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by new350zguy
Hello everyone!

So I recently purchased a used 2003 350z. When I purchased it I didnt notice any audio issues but recently I have been having a couple problems and wanted to try to get some advice.

It started with my speakers going in and out. They would begin playing audio only on one side of my front speakers and and not at all on the other side. I replaced the headunit with a new one to see if that fixed it and its better and hasnt been doing that however the stereo is still just has way to much bass even when the bass setting on the headunit is turned way down. I know my car has the OEM front speakers and a aftermarket sub that was put in that is blown. Just looking for some suggestions here another thing I noticed was a couple of times when I turned on my emergency flashers I could hear kind of a faint noise from that through my speakers.

If you are complaining about too much bass and have an aftermarket sub, that's your problem. I would remove the sub, set your equalizer at something like natural, and bias the sound to the front speakers, and you should be set.

Fyi, the rear speakers are garbage, most people have most, if not all, of the bias to the front speakers.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:09 PM
savedbygrace

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by new350zguy
Hello everyone!

Disconnect the sub, or remove it completely, and buy a set of JBL GX 6.5" speakers for your fronts...later buy another set and put them in the rear. (about $80-$100 p/pair). Later add a decent cheap four channel amp from Amazon. ($50)

Some will tell you the rears are worthless in a Z...it's not true...I've done fronts only, fronts with mediocre rears, and fronts with JBL GX rears....every time the audio got better with rear channel fill.

Get rid of all oem speakers....worst speakers of all cars in all of history going back to before time began, and then some....are the oem speakers in a 350z.

Saved

Last edited by savedbygrace; 01-10-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:36 AM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

You said: “I know my car has the OEM front speakers and a aftermarket sub that was put in that is blown.”

Is the aftermarket SubW blown, or was that speaker put in to replace the original SubW?
Old 01-15-2016, 04:06 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by savedbygrace
Some will tell you the rears are worthless in a Z...it's not true...I've done fronts only, fronts with mediocre rears, and fronts with JBL GX rears....every time the audio got better with rear channel fill.

Get rid of all oem speakers....worst speakers of all cars in all of history going back to before time began, and then some....are the oem speakers in a 350z.

Saved
Agree 100%. Hell, I agree 110%.