Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

ZEnclosure

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 10:40 AM
FairZWell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZEnclosure

I was wondering if anyone has the Zenclosure box that fits right under the rear strut-bar that has the sub facing toward the cab (one or two 10's)? If you do I've been trying to get the internal measurements of the box to determine if I want to port it or stick with sealed.

Unfortunately the representative I'm speaking to at Zenclosures is being less than giving with that info (almost as if they don't want to get a sale?) for some ungodly reason. That being said, if anyone has the box or knows anyone that has the box, I would love for that info as it will greatly affect the tuning of the box/ what driver to get.

Thanks all!

Edit: Just the internal dimensions of the inner box, not the two "false walls"

Edit 2: I have searched but I have yet to find the inner dimensions. Just throwing that out there.

Last edited by FairZWell; 10-20-2016 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:59 AM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

There are 2 designs. The one that accommodates amp rack has a slanted back whereas the other has straight back. I have tried them both and the one with slanted back sounded better for my 2 10s. The box is very well built and priced well. It sounds like the decision is ported or not ported so why don't you buy one and decide. His ebay pricing is better. Unfortunately I can't share the dimensions. It is someone else's design.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:05 AM
FairZWell

Originally Posted by beezee
There are 2 designs. The one that accommodates amp rack has a slanted back whereas the other has straight back. I have tried them both and the one with slanted back sounded better for my 2 10s. The box is very well built and priced well. It sounds like the decision is ported or not ported so why don't you buy one and decide. His ebay pricing is better. Unfortunately I can't share the dimensions. It is someone else's design.

When I said front firing, that ruled out the one that had the amp rack. I'm trying to stay away from the driver facing toward the rear. I have no doubt on the quality, I am just wanting the dimensions so I can run simulations of what the best possible tuning I could get out of it so that I can determine if I want to go sealed vs ported. I'll do all the calculations and whatnot, I just need to know the easy details.

At this point, I'd rather buy someone ripping off the designs as long as they could tell me straight up what I'm working with.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:22 AM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Sorry I got you wrong. Didn't know they make one that faces the front of the car that sits under the strut bar
The following users liked this post:
FairZWell (10-20-2016)
Old 10-20-2016, 11:24 AM
FairZWell

Originally Posted by beezee
Sorry I got you wrong. Didn't know they make one that faces the front of the car that sits under the strut bar
No worries, while I do like that design, I just don't want my sub near where I'll put sharp/not sharp objects so I'd rather go front firing.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:28 AM
FairZWell

Update: I do believe paul350z has the same box that I'm thinking about but I can't really verify since his picture links are down but for any future onlookers looking for the same thing I was they're posted below. Unfortunately, I think he had some of the responses done already too.

21" wide
9.25" high
4.75" deep at the top
8.9" deep at the bottom

Thread linked:https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...e-figures.html
Old 10-20-2016, 05:30 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

For like $15 you can build a box that fits perfect is the correct size for your speakers and sits just how you want it...
Old 10-20-2016, 05:36 PM
FairZWell

Originally Posted by dboyzalter

For like $15 you can build a box that fits perfect is the correct size for your speakers and sits just how you want it...

lol for the cost of screws I can build a box, that's not the point of this thread nor in my interest.

I've already built 4-6 variations of a box just to find out what I like. Now I'm seeing if I can buy a nice CNC'd, carpeted, stylized box for much cheaper and cleaner than I can make it to accommodate my listening style.

But for all who read this, he isn't wrong. You can build a box for 15$ or so.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:22 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Well hopefully your happy with your purchase, I enjoy making things too much, I enjoy going to box building dimension site and figuring out the perfect size... I get the 3/4inch mdf shelves at the home depot for $2 each, its easier to bring home and its cheaper than a full sheet.

Its It's more of a labor of love though the Zenclosure is a nice looking set-up.
The following users liked this post:
FairZWell (10-20-2016)
Old 10-20-2016, 06:41 PM
FairZWell

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Well hopefully your happy with your purchase, I enjoy making things too much, I enjoy going to box building dimension site and figuring out the perfect size... I get the 3/4inch mdf shelves at the home depot for $2 each, its easier to bring home and its cheaper than a full sheet.

Its It's more of a labor of love though the Zenclosure is a nice looking set-up.
Never thought of the shelf idea. I always have the problem of cutting a straight line as I have yet to make myself a linear guide of some sort. I'm also lacking a router atm so that doesn't make things easier. Once I get woodworking equipment, then I'll build all the boxes I want, until then, I'll pay a little extra for a snazzy one that works. I do like having control of how the box is built though as it matters exponentially to how the overall sound of your system will be.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:30 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

When I built the box for my car I just brought all my parts dimensions to Lowe's and they cut the 3/4" MDF for me (8 pcs.). I only needed less than 1/2 sheet, and couldn't fit it ll in my car, so I left the rest there. I'd recommend going at a time when they're not too busy, e.g. a weekday morning.